firefox jumps?

Best answers
well i just got firefox but im thinking im gonna have to delete it cause some times when i go to a webpage it jumps up and down really fast... if i reload it stop though... does anyone else get this problem?

edit: i also cant see alot of the pics in people's avatars... it has like a wierd looking icon at the top left and it says "bioball's avatar" or sumptin like that..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Not sure about the firefox thing, but for the avatar problems, the forums were garbles a few days ago, re-uploading your avatars will fix the problem

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bioball said:
well i just got firefox but im thinking im gonna have to delete it cause some times when i go to a webpage it jumps up and down really fast... if i reload it stop though... does anyone else get this problem?

edit: i also cant see alot of the pics in people's avatars... it has like a wierd looking icon at the top left and it says "bioball's avatar" or sumptin like that..
are you using the first firefox? Or beta 2? Beta 2 has been known to do some wierd things.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You deleted the book mark option just go on a webpage and there should be a little icon next to the webpage drag that into the little bar underneath and you should be set. I'll describe it in detail later if you still cant solve it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
are you using the first firefox? Or beta 2? Beta 2 has been known to do some wierd things.
So far I haven't noticed anything with with 1.5b2, I also just updated to the test build of 1.5rc1 too. There's a few bnugs here in there, such as when you close firefox it tells you that if you close firefox now downloads will stop (obviously a new feature being implamented), but it pops up about 4 times before closing.

Other then that i haven't really seen any problems at all. Are you using any extensions or custom themes? maybe one of them (if you use any) could be the source of your problem.

Best answers
well... im going to keep it installed but, my bro said it's only good for certain things, could you give me an example? and S i dunno what ur talking about. could my windows blind be the problem?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
FireFox is faster for a start then Internet Explorer, and FireFox has tons of extensions. FireFox can hold tabs. Has pop-up blocker, plus has way less exploits. And much more things. PS, i have the same problem with the avatars, it all looks so blurry, i reall have to re-upload my avatar.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FireFox beta 2 tends to crash more than 1.0.7. Though it's much faster then both IE and FireFox 1. No no custom themes or anything like that. I installed beta 2. And the first site i went to was www.forum.esforces.com (shut up >.>)
And it loaded incredibly fast. So that enough convinced me to keep it. But recently it's been crashing like mad, and i've uninstalled it because of it. I also don't like how i can't do ⌐.⌐ or It's 160º in my pants or ¿Comó estas?
you know the usual Alt+3 digit number command. It just pisses me off. I'll re download it when it gets better.

Some things that you can't do with FireFox- watch music videos on www.launch.com that's all i know of.

It's also much safer than IE.

To fix avatars and stuff, reload your avatar to fix it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using 1.0.7 as well, I dont have any problems, maybe you should try reinstalling if the problem wont stop.

*edit

Oh, btw, when its "jumping" are you sure its not just loading pictures? Because (every browser as far as I know) browsers sometimes "jump" when they load a picture and display it (or maybe because firefox resizes pictures to fit your screen, you can turn that option off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom