firefox is being ***

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I might go back to using IE :eek:

Firefox had an update not that long ago and ever since then Firefox has been crashing alot. I mean at least 18-20 times a day.

Any idea why?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.5.0.1 does that sometimes. It's only done it for me a couple of times though. The way around it is to just use tab mix plus (fore it's session saving manger, so it can recover all the tabs you had open after a crash witch is handy if you use tabbed browsing in firefox) & for downloads use a download manger and the flashgot extension.

Or, just revert back to firefox 1.0.7.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just revert to 1.0.7. Getting an extension to restore what you were doing before the browser crashed for the tenth time is kind of... sad. I don't know what's going on with Firefox, but if this keeps up, I'm jumping ship. <_<

(Is there a win32 version of Konquerer? Heh.)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't evade use the term '***' in a derogatory manor on the board, and don't evade the swear filter by changing around the spelling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Please don't evade use the term '***' in a derogatory manor on the board, and don't evade the swear filter by changing around the spelling.
Oh, haha, I was in a 1337 moment, change it if you wish. :p

Anyways, how do I revert back to the old firefox? I cant really find it on the site <_<

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Strange though. The latest FF update actually fixed the crashing for me.

Bolteh2

B
DragonDude, I don't know what the hell is going on with your firefox, but Firefox is using 28.584 kB on this computer.. now if I start IE: 38.760 kB

While we're at it:
Netscape: 31.828 kB
Opra: 29.948 kB
Safari (on my mac): 17.836 kB

All of these are the latest versions (except IE, still the standard crap that came with windows).. Firefox never crashes for me, netscape seems to drop connections once or twice a day, opera works great to, but took me a day to get it working, safari owns overall, faster than any windows browser

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Its how you see it actually. FireFox may work great for you, but his computer aint yours. Every computer is different, different hardware and different software on it. Mine crashes randomly as well, but not as often anymore since the last update. And besides that point, FireFox has its bad sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom