FireFox Download lag :0!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed recently when I download anything, my firefox just has a MAJOR lag spike for a couple seconds, sometimes minutes dependant on file size, and i cant do anything on my PC. Usually I just wait it out but it's starting to get on me...

any ideas?

Best answers
Use Internet Explorer?

Honestly though, I'd try reinstalling, that doesn't happen for me. I know IE copies the downloaded file from a temporary folder to where you saved it, and that can cause lag. Firefox probably does the same thing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firefox creates a .part file while downloading a file and then when that download is done then the part file is deleted automatically. This has never happened to me , though i have had firefox lag up on my pc while viewing certain web pages (but that's a thing of the past for me ever since 1.0.5 came out).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, mine does the same thing you're talking about. It just freezes for two minutes or so whenever I finish downloading anything.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be any number of things, and it's probably not worth your time to track it down. Nuke it with a complete uninstall (regular "Add/Remove Programs" uninstall, then delete %AppData%\Firefox, as well as \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox) and an install of the newest version. You'll lose your extensions and stuff, but if anything'll fix it, that will. They don't take long to redownload anyway.

Tassadar said:
Use Internet Explorer?
Heh that's the first time I've actually seen that suggested. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom