FireFox 3!!!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's out today and I'm already using it and loving the new interface. It does seem quite a bit faster as well. I suggest downloading this baby ASAP!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't seem much different, just looks like new buttons to me :S. I will stick with it though i guess :p.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If this doesn't offer anything other than looks then the download isn't worth it for me.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how Mozilla tries to make you help them break a Guinness world record. I think the point is to have FireFox so popular that they can break the record without persuading people to help them in the process.

I guess I'm going to download it anyways.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I suggest going to lifehacker.com they have a whole bunch of articles related to the new Firefox and what it can do. Or you can always go to the Mozilla site and learn the new stuff you can do with it. Now when I click on a mailto email it opens in gMail instead of Mac Mail :).

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The only things i've noticed is that they slimmed the downloads window down a bit. Bookmarking is a little easier, and if you open too many tabs they added a tab scrolling feature. The extra tabs will still go into that drop down menu but you can also scroll left and right through them. Plus you can finally reorder tabs by dragging and dropping...

Firefox 3 claims to use less memory. I'd say that's total bs because it is still at the very top of my memory usage list...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's the next version of firefox...Unless it's worse, why not download it?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it. Why is Firefox so popular? From what I've seen, it's just another awkward, cumbersome browser. I'm much more content using IE7

L

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it. Why is Firefox so popular? From what I've seen, it's just another awkward, cumbersome browser. I'm much more content using IE7
I've personally preferred IE 7 over FireFox for a short time, but then some problems began to occur with the browser. After that I switched to FF for a while and never went back.

~Gurbir~
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Every time I reformat, I end up using IE7 for a month or two, then when I get bored of it I switch to Firefox and it's like my first time using all over again: awesome.

Tried the FF3 beta, it was good. A little buggy with Quicktime support, but good.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
firefox 3 its nice but loking like IE 7 and have more addons for it and now i can't install firefox styles ;/ i someone can tell me how

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
how about the settings on the old firefox? if i install will i have to redo my settings? i currently choose which cookies to enable by website, etc.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I notice no difference other than it looks ridiculously ugly.

Seems to drain less memory as well.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I have used IE for the majority of my life and then recently switched to FireFox like last year or so. I find it much faster and I like the addons (has a search bar that lets you add specific searches, like Wikipedia and YouTube and even esoteric ones like the "Unofficial Elder Scrolls Wiki".)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom