Firefox 1.5

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Ok, since i had to reinstall my computer a while ago Im using the latest version of Firefox instead of 1.0.7 (or so)
Now, I didnt notice any big changes at all EXEPT that it tends to freeze and crash like every 30 minutes ... which is REALLY annoying
Installed plugins have absolutely no influence on this since I already tryed it without them ...
So, yeah ... its really annoying :(

Anyone has a slight idea what could cause this? >_>
Probably i should just downgrade to 1.0.x

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should clean out the history & cookies now and then. According to a source Mozilla will fix the crash bug(s) in 1.5.1 witch should be released at ethier the end of this month or start of feb. I'm your resident Firefox whore :0.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1.5 sucks (never crashed on me, but half my extensions don't work for it), so I downgraded to 1.0.7

I wish they would stop doing periodic releases and just do major releases... all these releases make it a burden on extension developers to constantly bring their stuff up to date, and it's not like they make them for a living or anything.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0.7/win32/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah >_>
Ya are right Dj-Ready ,
That Firefox crashes alot >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's funnie, firefox 1.5 hasn't crashed on me for more then a full month. I must have a good <3 advantage with firefox ;P.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It crashes frequently on me, so I downgraded as well.

<_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, it crashes on me a ****load. Whats more annoying is it gives a nice little feedback survey. It's like a "How am I driving?" sticker on the back of a drunken trucker's big rig...

[downgrades]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you install and turn off the quality feedback agent or untick it from the installer, you shouldn't crash as much since the feedback agent is what mainly be causing the crashes to occur in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom