Firefox 1.5.0.3 released

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Inquirer said:
The move has slightly buggered up the release dates and numbers that were planned for Firebadger. Version 1.8.0.3/1.5.0.3 is slightly smaller than the version that was planned. What was previously called 1.8.0.3 will shift to 1.8.0.4. 1.8.0.4, but it is better to be safe than in the right order.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31350

The main focus of this update is to fix a security related issue.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I'm still using 1.0.7...
A update for 1.0 versions was just recently released aside 1.5.0.2, 1.0.8, witch is teh final 1.0.X update according to mozilla's roadmap.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
So should I download it or not?
If you have updating enabled in firefox then it should pop up and notify about the update. I'm currently using it and everything is running fine.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm so who is the new firefox? it's it god to update ?What is new ?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
hmm so who is the new firefox? it's it god to update ?What is new ?
As for "who", I would assume that Firefox is a giant angry bird that eats small children. As for what's new, why don't you read the site?

Best answers
We DON'T need a new thread every time a FireFox update is released, we have autoupdate to inform us Thank You Very Much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But we can discuss here if the new Firefox is crap or not. Last version 1.5.0.1 I thought was really crappy as it seemed to crash all the time, people told me on this forum so I didn't download it and waited for the next release.

Best answers
Sicron said:
But we can discuss here if the new Firefox is crap or not. Last version 1.5.0.1 I thought was really crappy as it seemed to crash all the time, people told me on this forum so I didn't download it and waited for the next release.
Every release has been stable on all my cmputers Any problems with it are likely on your end, not the developers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ermm, no, more people were experiencing the same problems with an ealier version (forgot which one), it kept crashing all the time. This was later fixed in an update.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
Ermm, no, more people were experiencing the same problems with an ealier version (forgot which one), it kept crashing all the time. This was later fixed in an update.
Correct, this was fixed in 1.5.0.2. 1.5.0.2 acordingly fixed 4 memory leak issues, but there are memory leaks that still remain. I was going through and optimizing firefox last night so it would not use a horendous amount of memory. If your'e interested, you can find the tweaks that I was doing last night here (I only did a few to be hinest, not all of them as I have been tweaking firefox for a while).
Barney's_Soul said:
Every release has been stable on all my cmputers Any problems with it are likely on your end, not the developers.
Different people have reported 1.5.0 & 1.5.0.1 releases being unstable, it's not just him alone. I guess it's the programmers fault. When 1.5 was in beta testing it also had a tendency to crash, so I can't see how the user was at fault for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom