Finishing high school

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, im in the middle of my 11th grade, and I already feel I am starting to finish high school.
We got only about 72 days left to study and next year we will hardly study then it is off to the Army.

I know it is pretty soon to think like that but it feels so since I know we will hardly study in the 12th grade. I feel strange, all the life style im used to will change (getting to school)

I feel like getting back to the 9th grade, doing it all over again, putting the current "deco" instead of the 3 years ago "deco"(I was ok, could be better), fixing certain things that I did back then and didn't know the consequences of this acts or that I didn't realize how much important this things were and to appreciate them enough to hold on to them. Only now I know there effect on my later high school life. (not that im not enjoying myself)

What about you guys? Did you wanted to change some of your high school doings?

When did you started feeling you are about to finish high school, and how did it effect you?

As well: what did you do with your high school friends? Kept in touch or started a new life?

Add what you want to even if it is not written :D

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of the people i knew in school, i only saw one of them recently, and i only see her when i'm out clubbing, the rest don't exist.

in hindsight, if i'd realised how little the people in highschool would mean to me after school finished, i'd have not bothered to make friends at all, and concentrated way more on my schoolwork.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of all the Kids I knew in school, I see maybe 3 a month. That is because I work in a Gamestop.

About my High School year I would change... I probably would have tried harder in my classes. I mean I wish I could go back now... I really do miss those carefree days and hanging with all of my friends. Now after a Year out of school, I decided to go to College.

What I miss most about High School... Had to be just seeing everyone so Cheerful. Everyone happy and carefree about life... Now it just seems like noone has time for just plain hanging out anymore... But I guess its part of growing up...

Personally, I may age but I never wanna grow up.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, when I started grade 12, I was happy to know that high school was winding down for me. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy high school - I loved every bit of it (just wish I had gotten involved in the extra curriculars earlier than I did). However, after four years of the same old same old, it was good to know that things were going to change. I was practically elated when I realized that the days of having my curriculum made up for me were over, and that I was going to be in charge of my own education beyond grade 12.

As for your friends, seeing them regularly after high school depends as much on them as it does on you. For me, I'm still in touch with almost all of my close friends from high school mainly because we all went to the same university afterward. However, since Winnipeg has 2 major universities, I lost touch with a couple of my closer friends when they went to the other university. Some other acquaintances left the province, and others skipped out on the post-secondary scene entirely. However, as I said, almost all of my close acquaintances keep in touch. Otherwise, I found several new friends that were in the same faculty/program/courses as me.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm currently at Sixth Form (12th grade?) and I've left all but 4 of the people I knew behind.

I see a few occasionally but I've moved on and met new people, it's not that bad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not gonna lie. I did tear up at our Graduation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom