finishbuster is buster cannon O_o?

New Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
589
Best answers
0
ok here i go again lol. now ive been watchin the series, playin budokai and esf alot more lately and ive noticed that finishbuster isnt really finishbuster. i kno these are bad examples but let me make my point.

we all kno trunks attacks werent given any names till budokai came out really and in budokai buster cannon looks just like esf's finishbuster and finishbuster looks more like the "final attack" i was suggesting before.

so my idea is instead of finishbuster being the way it is now get changed to the way it was in the series. i was thinkin since i dont kno if they can or cannot put in buster cannon i was thinkin maybe that his finishbuster get maybe 2 firing modes like a gen beam one being the big strong beam he shot vegeta with and killed cell with and the other being a ball like the one he shot perfect cell with.

some pics

heres the start of the beam he shot vegeta with

http://templeotrunks.com/images/screencaps/Mirai Trunks/ep144/dvd_miraitr_ep144_scrn11.jpg

this is it gettin bigger and bigger

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/deta...ct_Cell_Saga/144._The_Last_Defense/144-18.jpg

heres the ball attack
http://templeotrunks.com/images/screencaps/Mirai Trunks/ep149/dvd_miraitr_ep149_scrn33.jpg

and this is cell gettin hit wit it
http://www.myfavoritegames.com/deta...ell_Saga/149._Ghosts_from_Tomorrow/149-30.jpg

sorry bout so many pics but u get the idea.

anyway C&C?
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
Actualy that looks like burning attack -_-

The finishing buster was used to blow up Dr.Geros lab
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
589
Best answers
0
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
good point me agrees

Would be nice for him to have that in (id still prefer more speed though)
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
589
Best answers
0
grega ur not the only one lol id love to get some more speed too thats wut he needs more then anything else. (we should start a thread about it :laff: ).

ontopic: so does anyone else have any C&C it would be appreciated.
 
New Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
33
Best answers
0
As for this i dont find anything wrong with it. Seems like it would fit in and give Trunks the beam you are desiring so much or at least fixing the error i think was made.

For once i agree with you fully on this one. Right now FinishingBuster is way to weak right now and it does look more like a Buster Cannon. I know everyone is gonna say "well Trunks is THE melee character so it shouldnt matter" but i tend to disagree because in dbz regardless of who was mostly a melee fighter or not every person in dbz had one big beam or blast that could kill in one hit.

And i also agree with Grega that if is the so called melee character let him have the advantage in melee to make up for his lack of attacks. Let him get me speed then all the other saiyans to show he is the melee character or give him the speed of Goku and Vegeta in normal form but make his basic melee hurt more because of the sword and make his trans later to about 1,300,000.

Well thats just my 2 cents i can see im going a bit offtopic so ill end it here. I agree with your topic but i think he needs speed first before anything.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
838
Best answers
0
This thread is right, Finish Buster is yellow and Buster Cannon is blue, here's Finish Buster,

and here's Buster Cannon,


That's what they look like.
 
Member
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
434
Best answers
0
I totally agree with Dark Trunks and Grega on this one. This would defnitly solve Trunk's lack of attacks.
 
Lost in space
Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
378
Best answers
0
Grega said:
Actualy that looks like burning attack -_-

The finishing buster was used to blow up Dr.Geros lab



NEOOOO it is another attak!!!! burning attak is a WAVE this one it's a BALL that you have not seen it!


IF this attak it's put in the ESF 1.3 (IT SHOULD BE BEACAOUSE IT'S A ATATK UNSEEN BY MANY) it should be as puwerfull as SBC (Special Beam Cannon) CUz you cannot duel a ssj kamehameha with a fihsing buster you lose and with fishing buster it's 2 powerfull with the Buster Cannon you can win a kamehameha ssJ1
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
Well if you wached DBZ youd know that burning attack is a ball -_- not a wawe
And finishing buster used on geros lab was a beam The team made it the other way round.

Anyway back to the idea

Shouldnt be as strong as the kame but definitly faster moving and less time to charge :p

just my thoughts
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
GrimReaper said:
I totally agree with Dark Trunks and Grega on this one. This would defnitly solve Trunk's lack of attacks.
Not necessarily true.

It's been said many times before, but Trunks is a melee character. He doesn't really need any extra attacks (though I think maybe Burning Attack could be a little stronger). All Trunks really needs is extra speed.

I mean, Freeza doesn't have one good PSing beam, but he's still useful. That's because he has his finger laser and the Disc to replace it. He makes up for his weak PSing by giving him new, unique abilities.

Trunks should get something similar. He should truly be made into a melee character, with extra speed and added sword damage. That would make him far more useful than just adding another beam or projectile attack.
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Not necessarily true.

It's been said many times before, but Trunks is a melee character. He doesn't really need any extra attacks (though I think maybe Burning Attack could be a little stronger). All Trunks really needs is extra speed.

I mean, Freeza doesn't have one good PSing beam, but he's still useful. That's because he has his finger laser and the Disc to replace it. He makes up for his weak PSing by giving him new, unique abilities.

Trunks should get something similar. He should truly be made into a melee character, with extra speed and added sword damage. That would make him far more useful than just adding another beam or projectile attack.
Agrees

speed >>> beams


but if they dontmake him faster than they might as well add a good beam
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Whats funny is Trunks doesn't really have beam attacks, he's more of a ball type guy. In all three Budokai games Trunks only uses ball attacks because
1) They are faster
2) You can fire off more then a beam
3) Quite powerful
So I don't know if Trunks should get beam attacks. I mean yeah having one would be good. I mean look at Frieza. Team said that he is not a beam type of guy and I for one think Trunks shouldn't be one either. Using beams has its advantages but with Trunks's lack of speed he doesn't need slow attacks. He needs to have faster ones.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
KidBoy17 said:
Whats funny is Trunks doesn't really have beam attacks, he's more of a ball type guy. In all three Budokai games Trunks only uses ball attacks because
1) They are faster
2) You can fire off more then a beam
3) Quite powerful
So I don't know if Trunks should get beam attacks. I mean yeah having one would be good. I mean look at Frieza. Team said that he is not a beam type of guy and I for one think Trunks shouldn't be one either. Using beams has its advantages but with Trunks's lack of speed he doesn't need slow attacks. He needs to have faster ones.
Using Budokai for reference is a bad idea, IMO.

But if the team was to decide to add a new attack instead of upping his speed, then yes, it should be a fast projectile attack instead of a beam.

In that case, I'd think they should detach Burning Attack, make it stronger and faster and keep the blinding effect.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
589
Best answers
0
ah i kno wut u guys mean and i agree too the thing that should be changed first is his speed. this is kinda just a alternative if they dont give him more speed. i see wut u guys mean about a projectile instead of a beam but i suggested the beam thing cus its somthin no ones really seen b4 and i agree wit Shiyojin Rommyu i think he should get more speed and more damage on his attacks wit his sword to make up for his lack of attacks.

jus to balance it out cus since hes only gettin one trans (maybe two) and mostly everyone else has big strong beams or blasts along wit the extra transes they are gettin in 1.3 i think they should give him the advantage in melee. cus i mean in all reality trunks piccolo and krillin are gonna be the weakest in 1.3.

everyone else is gettin ssj2 or higher not to mention the others who are gettin the buddy system and tien even tho hes gettin one trans hes gettin very unique attacks in addition. so if u were gonna give him a projectile make his burning attack strong and unattached cus it was a big blast wen he shot it so it had to be strong.

and make finishbuster yellow and a stronger projectile. or tuen it into a beam like i suggested. regardless he does need some changes for 1.3 if he stays the way he is now in 1.3 no one will pick him hardly ever. ;(
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
~Dark Trunks~ said:
ah i kno wut u guys mean and i agree too the thing that should be changed first is his speed. this is kinda just a alternative if they dont give him more speed. i see wut u guys mean about a projectile instead of a beam but i suggested the beam thing cus its somthin no ones really seen b4 and i agree wit Shiyojin Rommyu i think he should get more speed and more damage on his attacks wit his sword to make up for his lack of attacks.

jus to balance it out cus since hes only gettin one trans (maybe two) and mostly everyone else has big strong beams or blasts along wit the extra transes they are gettin in 1.3 i think they should give him the advantage in melee. cus i mean in all reality trunks piccolo and krillin are gonna be the weakest in 1.3.

everyone else is gettin ssj2 or higher not to mention the others who are gettin the buddy system and tien even tho hes gettin one trans hes gettin very unique attacks in addition. so if u were gonna give him a projectile make his burning attack strong and unattached cus it was a big blast wen he shot it so it had to be strong.

and make finishbuster yellow and a stronger projectile. or tuen it into a beam like i suggested. regardless he does need some changes for 1.3 if he stays the way he is now in 1.3 no one will pick him hardly ever. ;(
The team is aware that Trunks needs balancing. I have faith in them, and I know they will not let us down. I know they will somehow fix Trunks.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
2,417
Best answers
0
since he doesnt yell anything idiotic, i'd say they were just generic attacks that everyone uses.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
ZeroNightmare said:
since he doesnt yell anything idiotic, i'd say they were just generic attacks that everyone uses.
Piccolo's Light Grenade
Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade

Those are just two examples of attacks that never got a name in the show (to my knowledge), but were used in games as attacks.

I'm aware that Budokai provides bad reference, but still, just because they don't yell the name of their attack doesn't mean it could be made into a unique attack for that character if said character needs a new attack. I'm not saying Trunks does, that would contradict my earlier statements, I'm just speaking in general terms.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
416
Best answers
0
Primary mode: normal Finish Buster
Secondary mode : yellow beam.

Thats how I would like to have it.
And Trunks WILL be balanced because of USSJ & flamethrower.
He's just a melee guy. When skillers p(r/l)ay with him, they can be hardly stopped.
 
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
17,065
Best answers
0
EncorE_SX said:
He's just a melee guy. When skillers p(r/l)ay with him, they can be hardly stopped.
Thats true but they normaly pich Cell cause hes faster.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top