finger laser detonation

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was thinking this earlier playing esf but why not make it that when you use the first finger laser fire (the penetrating one) it can automatically detonate blasts (i suggest there be a timer when you can use the finger laser after you throw an energy attack such as death ball)

this wouldnt really unbalance anything so i thought it might be a good idea

Best answers
nice idea considering theres really no use for the left click or at least i dont see ant use for it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
nice idea considering theres really no use for the left click or at least i dont see ant use for it
I can show you a use for it :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you mean, use the finger laser (left click) to detonate projectile attacks?

Might be interesting, but I think it's a bit useless. Most projectile attacks are very fast, making it hard to intercept them, and Freeza doesn't really have one of his own, except Death Ball, so it doesn't have much use, IMO.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might be interesting, but I think it's a bit useless. Most projectile attacks are very fast, making it hard to intercept them, and Freeza doesn't really have one of his own, except Death Ball, so it doesn't have much use, IMO.
well its a bit useless if you dont bother to find uses for it, like shooting a spirit bomb as soon as soon as your opponent lets it off. all you need is a quick aim which isnt hard to get

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who really uses a Spirit Bomb nowadays anyway? Mostly n00bs do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
That's not the point, but will it only work for balls like spirit bomb if it comes in?
It might not be the point, but it's still valid.

There's little point in changing an attack to do something that will hardly be used.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I agree, but I predict that most will say that it's not that useful. But we shall see.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
many people say alot of attacks arent useful

ill give you an insight: to most Masenko is the most useless attack in the game yet i have no problem doing 15-30 damage with it while my opponents are still rolling to get up

or lets say you want to save a teammate from an incoming death ball or something, just so that it explodes just out of range from killing him, you just switch by pressing the number four and shooting you can just have a hit box on the balls or something

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
No more NooBs standing in the light and spirit bombing... And it would be usefull if you shoot a deathball and the guy just moves a bit to the left and you say boo and detonate it next to him.

I like this idea, ALOT, altough im a trunks player...

nge

Best answers
Seems kind've overpowered, actually. Beams are slow moving, and lasers are hitscan. A crackshot can easily target a beam and shoot it with an instant weapon.

To those who say left click finger laser is useless, try working with it. It's much stronger than right click in terms of shot for shot- so why not try ending your right click barrage with a left click? Additional damage is usually a good thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Seems kind've overpowered, actually. Beams are slow moving, and lasers are hitscan. A crackshot can easily target a beam and shoot it with an instant weapon.

To those who say left click finger laser is useless, try working with it. It's much stronger than right click in terms of shot for shot- so why not try ending your right click barrage with a left click? Additional damage is usually a good thing.
Stop telling people my secrets, damnit >.< *kicks you out of Kai*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't like it, there's no powerlevel variable so you could join a new game with Form 1 Frieza and detonate SSJ2 Vegeta's BBA (or something) as he fires it at you, killing him instantly, because like nge said fingerlaser is hitscan (instant), all you have to do is aim at them and the second you see their attack sprite click and they'd be wiped out with their own attack. Lame. Not to mention if you're any good with the laser you can hit players at long distances, a giant ball of energy is an easy target.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a giant ball of energy is an easy target
well i would wonder why a HUGE ball of energy would be an easy target, it just doesnt make sense o_O

joking aside it wouldnt be easy to hit a fast moving ball it would have to go straight at you to get a definite hit, any other direction and it would just be a last ditch thing to try save an ally or your self

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I really don't like it, there's no powerlevel variable so you could join a new game with Form 1 Frieza and detonate SSJ2 Vegeta's BBA (or something) as he fires it at you, killing him instantly, because like nge said fingerlaser is hitscan (instant), all you have to do is aim at them and the second you see their attack sprite click and they'd be wiped out with their own attack. Lame. Not to mention if you're any good with the laser you can hit players at long distances, a giant ball of energy is an easy target.
Even though I'm not a fan of the idea myself, I will have to say that a Form 1 Freeza being able to take on an SSJ2 Vegeta that way would even the odds a bit and make it more fun for the Freeza player.

The Vegeta player will just need to adjust his tactics so he doesn't get owned by his own attack.

Hell, it might even reduce beamspam a bit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would a form 1 frieza take on a SSJ2 Vegeta? Hell, if the Vegeta guy managed to get SSJ2, he deserves to pwn the server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Why would a form 1 frieza take on a SSJ2 Vegeta? Hell, if the Vegeta guy managed to get SSJ2, he deserves to pwn the server.
...Like in EVM?

No. Just.. no.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, as it stands in esf now, Frieza generally doesnt stand a chance against SSJ Vegeta. Why would it become easier for Frieza after Vegeta ascends again? Like I said, if Vegeta was good enough to get to SSJ2, he deserves to be able shoot beams and stuff.

Why would a laser be able to blow up a beam or blast anyway? That doesnt make much sense to me. Frieza's laser is good enough anyway. Anyone can easily shave off 40 or 50 hp using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom