Finger beam charge idea.

Best answers
Insted of the quick sprite fired when freeza uses his finger beam. You could make a animation of power being compressed into the tip of his finger. Say take a sphere and make it grow smaller and smaller to the tip of his finger where it will glow brighter with each second. Cource this would also mean you take his finger from alpha wich could be charged up to kill people in one hit (not easy to do mind you). :smile:

Same graphic could also be used to show a powerful attack being charged up with say big bang. :devil:

Best answers
its a good idea, and if also can do beamstruggle, better

Best answers
Power struggle with a finger beam? You'd have to very accurate to hit it dead on.... o_O

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not exactly, now that the beams auto lock on each others it would work easaly. But in order to that happen, finger laser would have to be a beam, like a suggested 2 or 3 days ago but the thread was erased because of a forum problem. But even if it was a beam it would not be a continuous beam, it would be a tail beam.

Edit:

Oh and I agree with the "compacting energy" in frieza's finger sprite.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i dissagree...
fingerbeam or whatever is way to fast to put alot of work in the animation...
i mean it takes about 0.3 sec to fire it?
or has this changed in 1.3?
sorry i don't like to play beta's for sure if it has no/less players

Best answers
Frieza's current attack is far too instantaneous to incorporate an animation like that. The suggestion is to make it less instant -- i.e. a chargeable attack that would result in a beam.

Of course, that brings on the question of whether or not the beam would be able to be directed by the player (probably not). Since it would most likely fly straight... how fast? If it's too fast it would quickly become too overpowered, unless the damage wasn't very high. Would the beam's progress leave the player immobile or would it disconnect and fly straight like Piccolo's special beam cannon?

There are a lot of variables that need to be covered, but the addition of the energy-compacting sprite would be nice eye candy, given a longer duration of the beam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The laser is more usefull than a beam you know. It penetrates block aswell as shield. Just like a disc.

And its instant hit when you fire.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but laser is not frieza's attack. This fingerbeam, in the series, is a ultra fast and thin beam that creates a big explosion. The attack that he kills vegeta with is only used once...on vegeta...

So I think it would be a good idea to make it like this:

Primary attack - a 2 second charging fast beam "only tail beam, not a controlable one", that takes good damage with a relatively nice radius damage. One of these would spend 1/2 of full KI bar.

Secondary attack - As it is

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ups I forgot piccolo, you are right Grega. But how many times does he use the laser compared to the beams? I mean the beams that he kills dende with, 20 are blocked by goku in normal form, and then another 20 that he dodges in ssj form. Come to think about it, frieza had tons of KI, maybe it should be considered in gameplay ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ups I forgot piccolo, you are right Grega. But how many times does he use the laser compared to the beams? I mean the beams that he kills dende with, 20 are blocked by goku in normal form, and then another 20 that he dodges in ssj form. Come to think about it, frieza had tons of KI, maybe it should be considered in gameplay ^_^
Everyone has tons of KI in DBZ >.<

In any case he used the laser 4 times. The third time was when he hit SSJ Goku in the face. And the fourth was when he blows up the death ball that Trunks was holding.

And the attack that killed Dende seemed like a genbeam to me.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The attack he killed dende with is a gen ball not a beam. Its the exact same attack that he hits SSJ Goku in the face, the same attack he uses on piccolo when he transforms into alien frieza.

And when I said he has big amounts of KI I meant in the times of season 3 relatively to other chars. You never see any olher character "except majin buu" to just waste so much energy in beams and balls. Even when he fights goku, goku is much more strategic with his skills because he has'nt so much energy. But forget this idea.

EDIT:

I just saw a video of frieza killing vegeta, and it is not a laser at all, its the same beam but with much less intensity, making it smaller.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just saw a video of frieza killing vegeta, and it is not a laser at all, its the same beam but with much less intensity, making it smaller.
Thats kinda what a laser is you know ^^

Besides The fingerlasers secondary fire has an explosion.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats kinda what a laser is you know ^^...
Is it? Ok if you say so...

And I now it has explosions just dont compare the size of them to the size in the anime.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats kinda what a laser is you know
true but i dont think its technically a laser. i think thats just its name. it has all the aspects of a beam. it was charged, wasnt the speed of light, and had a beam head. you could make it an FaF attack that moves as fast as the hl engine allows. (FaF means fire and forget.)

laser = light amplified by stimulated emission of radiation. its a beam of light, basically. it didnt seem that the finger laser was really a laser at all when i looked at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom