Finally! Mass Effect 2 makes its first appearance in March!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The second game in Bioware's planned Mass Effect trilogy makes a special appearance at GDC in March, where the company will present a panel discussing the Iterative Level Design Process of Mass Effect 2.

While we won't call it an official announcement - we've long known that Mass Effect was only part one of a three-part series - we might be getting our first glimpse at the second chapter at the Game Developers Conference in March. In a 60 minute lecture titled "The Iterative Level Design Process of Bioware's Mass Effect 2", Bioware project manager Corey Andruko and lead technical designer Dusty Everman will discuss lessons learned from crafting the first game, and how they've been applied to level design in the sequel. They'll talk about the team's new level creation process, which strives to maximize iteration while minimizing reworking and cost. It sounds amazingly exciting. So exciting that I nearly fell asleep writing that last bit.

Game developers eat this sort of stuff up though, and since it is the Game Developers Conference, I'm sure it will go over splendidly. We're just hoping that the panel comes with some new information on the follow up to the original game, and that we don't snore too loudly.
http://kotaku.com/5126650/mass-effect-2-makes-a-guest-appearance-at-gdc

This is fantastic, I can't wait.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's hoping that the PC version isn't delayed for, like, a year after the 360 version is released. I believe BioWare has learned that the term "360-exclusive" isn't something they'll want to stick to indefinitely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing I wanna know is how they're gonna incorporate ME's choices into the sequel properly, or if they're gonna disregard every choice you made and say "This is how it happened, stfu".

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still haven't finished the first one, I've only played about two hours of it. I intend to, but I have a hard time getting started in Bioware games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played ME a little at my old guitar teachers house and it was awesome. I'm probably going to borrow it from him so I can play through the game. I can't wait to play through it and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom