Final Fantasy XII

Best answers
So check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G4XtVj4BWBc

"Famitsu is known worldwide for its harsh grading of current videogames. Video games are graded in Famitsu by a panel of four video game reviewers. Each reviewer gives a score from one to ten (ten being best). The scores of the four reviewers are then added up with a possible score of forty. Only six games so far have received the absolute score: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, for Nintendo 64) Soul Calibur (Namco, for Dreamcast) Vagrant Story (Squaresoft, for PlayStation) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Nintendo, for Nintendo GameCube) Nintendogs (Nintendo, for Nintendo DS) Final Fantasy XII (Square Enix, for Playstation 2)"

I seriously can't wait. I've played around every final fantasy game there is, and this one seriously looks like it's going to go beyond them all. Godly, certanly going to make my year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are those all console games?

Pretty neat. Lots of cool effects and stuff. Now, if they have flying ships which have machine guns, why are they fighting with swords? Its too bad you cant tell **** about a game from prerendered opening sequences, because this one was pretty good.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Why are those all console games?

Pretty neat. Lots of cool effects and stuff. Now, if they have flying ships which have machine guns, why are they fighting with swords? Its too bad you cant tell **** about a game from prerendered opening sequences, because this one was pretty good.
You can view the combat and ingame mechanics here :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1839198589091377167&q=final+fantasy

Gun+Ships+Sword type is all final fantasy games ;p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks INSANE. I'm so excited. I wish it was coming earlier :(

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well. I need a new pair of pants. The Hot Sex graphics and the pretty, pretty, my god this almost looks like FFVII:AC FMV sequences aside, the gameplay looks like a lot of fun. As much as I like the standard FF fare in terms of battles and all, it'll be fun to see a fusion of main screen and battle sequence. Hopefully the air ship, or whatever will be more like that of FF7 and 8, but that might be too much to pack into a single DVD (unless they opt to make it a multi disk game). I really was not cool on the FF10/10-2 airships. I just like flying around in them :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
Yeah. I am going to get that game, and it might even get me away from playing World of Warcraft. Seirously can't wait.

Btw, european version is airing in August :(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that actually looked good. I think that live action thing looks alot better than the whole random encounter system.

Best answers
Godhand said:
Btw, european version is airing in August :(.
August?, last time i checked the US version would be out in November 06 and we all know EU dates usually comes around after the US ones. Am i that wrong?

I do hope i'm wrong as i don't like the idea of waiting nearly a whole year before it ships in europe.

And yes, the game looks badass. Can't wait until i can put this in my FF collection.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft! Final Fantasy died after FF8.

The only upside it seems is they are removing the annoying "Walk Walk Walk *OMGZZ BATTLE!!!*" -- You know what I mean, the random battles.

Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Pfft! Final Fantasy died after FF8.

The only upside it seems is they are removing the annoying "Walk Walk Walk *OMGZZ BATTLE!!!*" -- You know what I mean, the random battles.
Not for a die hard Final Fantasy fan :).

Best answers
I'm hoping this game will be awesome, i loved final fantasy back in the day, but they've kinda been going down hill. 8 was terrible, 9 was decent, 10 was ok, i never tried FFX-2 but it didn't even look like it was worth playing. although if tactics came out after 8 that was a pretty shining beacon. FFXI was pretty good but i don't really count it.

on another note i can't believe i rented dragon quest 8 and forgot to play FFXII

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id say it died with FF8. That game was a **** fest.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear, the only reason everyone hates on 8 is because it didn't top FFVII like everyone was expecting. I thought it was a good game with good characters. Story was a bit odd, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd much rather sit there and draw magic than fight battle after battle for EXP. I didn't need to take my finger off the button to draw, and if push came to shove, I could lock it down and get some food while I draw :p So yeah, I guess I am a die hard fan since I really liked 10 as well, minus no really getting to fly the airship. Leveling system was much more fun, and some of the mini games and side quests were nice. Also was very pretty, so that didn't hurt any.

-Karrde-

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked 8 and 9, and absolutely hated 10. I think people only like 10 because it was the first FF on PS2.

You know? <------line used by every character every 10 seconds (in FFIX).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendogs got a perfect score, when RE4 did not?

DAMN CRITICS! DAMN THEM ALL!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFXII looks quite impressive, and I think I will love the fighting system, but I really want to know a bit more about the story because so far we don't know anything about it...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You still don't know the story after 11 FF's O_O!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All we know so far is that it takes place in Ivalice, the same setting as Final Fantasy Tactics.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
You know? <------line used by every character every 10 seconds (in FFIX).
Probably just an easy out translation for any sentence ending with 'desu ne' or 'da ne' or a lot of other sentence final phrases :p

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom