Final Fantasy: Advent Children. SPOILER THREAD!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who votes Reno and Rude for the best character slots?

seriously, the whole movie was insanely good, but those two really brought be back to how they acted in the game hehe, especially the look on Rudes face when Reno breaks his glasses hahaha XD

to be honest, there are very few things i can actually find to fault in this film, and even those things are too small to be worth worrying about.

and, did anyone else get the impression, that sephiroth let cloud win? i mean, sure, he looked surprised when he got smashed with an omnislash, but the look on his face afterward, the words he used, and the fact that he litterally toyed with cloud through the fight, just made me think he was like "yeah, i cant be bothered with this, ill be back later bish".

also, does anyone else think Rude looks like The Rock? XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't know it was out, not on any theatre lists :(.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
is it in english, did you download it, i have no idea whats going on, no1 will answer my question

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasnt as good as I was hoping, but Ill probably end up watching it again.

So: Sephiroth died in like 4 minutes. To that I say, wtf? Yeah, yeah, omnislash surprised him. Whatever. He is ****ing Sephiroth. He has like 29482309840238 forms. It didnt even seem like he died again. He just said "Yeah, im not going to stay a memory. Later" and he just fizzled out.

Vincient has become Spawn. Vincients cape = Spawn's cape. And because of that, I like Vincient again.

The Turks were pretty funny. Guy's sunglasses get destroyed and he pulls another pair outta his pocket o_o. And then the part with the flashy bomb. It was a pretty big explosion, but then fireworks flew outta it XD.

Cait Sith rides RedXII. Thats about it =/.

Barret didnt curse at all. I kinda missed that from the game.

Cid didnt do much besides throw Cloud into the sky and fly that new airship.

Sephiroth vs. Cloud reminded me of Revolutions. Please, dont hurt me. They started on the ground, began to fly, got knocked into a building, started fighting in there, flew around again, and then the twist happened. The good guy didnt die.

Thats about it. It was an ok movie, and Sephiroth's fighting scene was pure pwnage. He even did that crazy stance he does in Kingdom Hearts. In fact, he did everything he did in Kingdom Hearts, and then some.

7/10 in my book.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thing you have to realise is this:

1. Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo, were all created, they arent normal people, they came into existance shortly after the events of FF7. its theorised (this will be cleared up in the book that is supposed to come out soon), that since sephiroth resides in the lifestream, he can manipulate it, just like jenova could. but since jenova has no conciousness anymore, just dying cells, he does it for her.

so.

sephiroth doesnt need to worry about dying, hell, he plays with cloud through the whole fight. take a look when cloud gets tired, how many times did seph throw him around without the sword? seph did it without breaking a sweat.

however, he was inhabiting Kadaj's body, so although sephiroth himself could take the omnislash, kadaj's body couldnt.

its a speculation that because Sephiroth can manipulate the lifestream, he created Kadaj and co, to do exactly what Kadaj did, and thats become a living conduit for his energy. even vincent thinks that, (he says on the airship).

so if sephiroth can creat beings like this, then why should he care about "dying" to be honest?

id just like to further support my (and Qhimm's) theory. we listened and heard that Vincent, and Rufus refer to Kadaj and co. as being "Shinentai"

"shinentai" is composed of "thought" and "(physical) body". So "conjured being" or "summon" would be accurate to describe them.

Vincent, in the airship, refers directly to Kadaj as being SEPHIROTH'S conjured being.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
is it in english, did you download it, i have no idea whats going on, no1 will answer my question
hello. anyone care to answer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished watching it like 5 minutes ago, and I think it's safe to say that it has some of the coolest fight scenes ever.

Mad_AxMan said:
who votes Reno and Rude for the best character slots?
Me! I was almost at the point where I was just waiting for them two of them to come back on the screen.

Also, your little description AxMan totally cleared some things up for me. Cuz throughout the whole movie, I just couldn't really figure out where Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo came from. All I knew was that Kadaj was some kinda container or something for Sephiroth, but your explanation cleared it all up for me.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty sweet movie. The whole "Sephiroth didn't really do anything except die extremely quick" thing kinda caught me off guard. But then again, at least there seems to be a reason for it. He was still there long enough for a sweet ass fight though, so I can't really complain.

Bboy_Budokai said:
hello. anyone care to answer
Yes, you can find it with english subtitles, where? I don't think i'm allowed to say, just look.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of that makes me think the fight should have ended in 4 minutes. Kadaj couldnt fly, but as soon as Sephiroth took complete control of his body, he was able to. So does Sephiroth gain everything he had before he died but still retain any weaknesses Kadaj may have had? It just seemed like they rushed the fight. It was like dbz. The bad guy is winning, and the good guy pulls a move outta his ass and beats the badguy with that one move.

Surely Sephiroth remembers what happened the last time he fought Cloud. He would know what to expect and what not to do (like stand still and watch Cloud throw his swords all over the place).

Anywho, Sephiroth really only made a guest appearance, so Im still not impressed with the movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt really say he took a short time to die... i think he did what he loves doing, and thats mocking cloud. he just wanted to show cloud that he aint all that :p

another character, highly underrated, was Rufus!!!

come on, the dude is pretty much paralised, and has geostigma on his WHOLE body! he is ****ed, no two ways about that. when he stood up, i was like O_O

and then, when he (at first appeared to) jumped out of the window, i was like... BADASSSSSSS!!!! but its pretty obvious now, that he fell, and didnt jump, but even so, managed to retain complete control of the situation...

also, did anyone else notice that when kadaj died, not only did he become absorbed into the lifestream (probably because he wasnt human, but a spirit), but he was also pulled by someone? as in, he held out his hand, and took someone elses.

another edit: sephiroth was only in the movie cos its what fans wanted, not because he had a specific purpose of being there. the whole film was made for the fans anyway, from start to finish theres nothing but fanservice.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why he called out to "Mother" after "she" "spoke" to him. Im not exactly sure who Mother was. Genova? The Planet? Aerith?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, look at how the three bad guys reacted to everything, Loz wanted a family, he wanted to be loved, Yazoo wanted loyalty...

those two are very simplistic.

then look at Kadaj, his entire existance is much like what clouds once was... he is created to give birth to sephiroth, but he loves "mother" so much, that he wants her support, her love, he wants her to favour him. Kadaj's only drive, is to be recognised by jenova. but it never happens. he doesnt even know WHO she is, all the three of them know, is that there is something in them, which calls to them. thats all. Kadaj has more though, not only does he hear the call of his mother, but he feels sephiroth, all the time, he is perminently fighting with sephiroth for her favour.

but he doesnt know who she is. so when Airis calls to him from the lifestream, its quite possible that he mistook her for "Mother".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why people are dissapointed by the movie... I mean they found out a way to work in limit breaks that aren't cheesy. That's not easy to pull off.

As well, for everyone who thought the sephiroth fight was too short, wtf? You really want to watch them fight for 30 minutes? That'd just be redundant and retarded. You know how the fights going to end, why spend 30 minutes for that? I thought it was a good fight, good moves and good environment use. Finishing with the omnislash was the best move too, like you really killed him any other way in the game. (Don't post saying you didn't use omnislash because you're so leet, I really really don't care how much time you wasted fighting a 3 hour boss.)

All in all, awesome movie, though it loses itself alot. Like it's called Advent Children, but really has nothing to do with children, and it never talks about the kids who went missing from Wutai, only the ones in the slums. Are there more of Sephiroth's "Puppets" around the world that were also doing this?

All in all, Yuffie is Legal, and Tifa had breast reduction surgery it seems like. Here's to waiting for the sequel.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yuffie is annoying, and Tifa is now Japanese, hence the reduction in the size of her breasts.

I like the FF7 omnislash more than the new one. I never said I wanted a 30 minute fight. I just dont want a 4 minute one consisting of "YAH! YAH!" *breathe heavily* Oh noes. I am losing. Oh, right! OMNISLASH!

/death

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That movie is simply amazing. I downloaded it (I know, its not out yet in California yet) and I have to say this movie was simply amazing. Everything about it was beautiful. The graphics, sounds, music and cinematics was..... was... There aren't any words to describe it. I watched the entire movie from beginning to the very end of the credits where you see the group photo. I was almost brought to tears from this movie. I wanted more, I didn't want it to end. I wanted them to keep continuing, to never end. After 8 years of waiting to find out what happend its finally over. ( yes 8 years. 1997 to 2005) The way they did this movie will deffinatley change how models are made and how CG movies are made. This was revolutionary. If you hate Final Fantasy 7 in everyway I still suggest to go see this movie. You will be amazed at what they did. Frankly I can't wait for PS3 to come out. I want Square Enix to remake Final Fantasy 7. Keep the same story line, just redo the graphics, sounds and music. Also add more mini games to it. Sorry about this rambling on and on but this movie deffinately effected me. Please, everyone see this movie.

@ Kama: Sephiroth doesn't take 3 hours to kill..... takes one move to kill.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Best part of that movie was the guys ringtone when he was fighting Tifa in the church.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt get the idea sephiroth let him win, i saw it as he was "playing with his food before he ate it", if he wouldve known cloud was gonna bust into that he wouldve ended the fight sooner,

i thought the ringtone of his phone was just a cheesy way of saying the battle was over until he answered it,9 iwas sleepy as hell) cute reference the original victory jingle ^^.

i loved the rest of the soundtrack as well, i only pray they leave it completely intact for the US release, i dont know any reasonw hy they WOULD change it, but the possibility is there.

this is a bit offtopic, but would anyone know perhaps a way to burn this to a dvd-r WITH the subtitles? (since they are a seperate file?) i want something to watch on my TV while i wait for the US release, (which i plan to buy 2 copies of, to keep one in the factory plastic wrap^^) use pms or aim if you dont wanna drag this thread offtopic

Best answers
Watched it the the other day. What an awesomely over the top action film.
I loved how they tried to make as many references to Final Fantasy VII as they could (something that seemed to lack in spirits within.)
Music was great, loved the remixed versions they did of The Turks, Sephiroth and Jenova's theme. Looking foward to the OST coming out later this month now.
There was however less story, or less explanation then i was expecting. I'll probably need to watch it again though.

Few things that didn't make sense to me:

1. Red XIII was running with his cubs at what looks like cosmo cayon area, but that's supposed to happen 200 years later. (it's also always ironic that he was the last of his kind lol)
2. How was Tseng still alive, Sephiroth killed him in the Temple Of Ages.
3. Where was Mr Coats? (voice actor supposedly eminem)

From a fan's point of view i felt there was a few errors, but overall the film was good and definately worth watching. Mmm i want that ringtone now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tseng never died at the temple, he just got stabbed. it never ever said whether he lived or died.

the Red XIII scene was a fanservice thing, i dont understand fully why it was there, but it was kinda nice to see.

Mr.Coats? o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you play Final Fantasy 7 and beat it and watch the credits at the very end you see Red XIII running with his cubs to the ruins of Midgar which left everyone to think how did that happen, which is why this movie was made. The opening scene is the very last scene in the video game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom