Final Fantasy: Advent Children. SPOILER THREAD!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know **** about FF. Yet I decided to watch it anyway. I guess it was pretty cool, good action.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a small note, Tifa doesn't wear a bra.
thats a crease in her shirt not a pokey >_>, you horny little monkeys

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ja, I realized that once Killmore posted the picture. Still, it was a good joke to get the horny Hot Coffee'ers to embrace this movie's greatness.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Best part of that movie was the guys ringtone when he was fighting Tifa in the church.
Haha yea, amen to that.

Also, I'm siding with Zeonix and Hitokiri.

Yes, seph was ****ing with Cloud, he had the chacne to kill him, but was trying to torment him and make him feel really guilty and give him a bigger sense of failure when he killed him. Sephiroth "jumps back" as fighters do, so he can have an extra half second to react in case the opponent makes a jab at him.

Then he didn't expect the omnislash at all, and it got the best of him.

As Hito said, Sephiroth had more iwnd, and if the fight would've just been to see who could outlast the other, Sephiroth would've worn Cloud down. And Cloud being able to catch Seph off guard proved he had more skill.

Did anyone recall the conversation on the airship when they decided not to help Cloud, because "He could become another Sephiroth" (in terms of strength)

He got pushed, and he pushed back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they were talking about kadaj, and what vincent actually said was "he is one of sephiroth's summoned beings, i kind of living shell if you will"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh, it took me forever, but I figured out how that ridiculous 6-part sword works. Figured I'd share:

He has the first one he uses, it's the base, provides the hilt and the core of the sword.

Then the second one is unique as well, he dual wields it in that funky white place, it's got the big blade that goes down over the hilt. He puts this on the front of the main sword to create what looks more like a 1-sided sword (i.e it's slanted that way like the old buster sword; but there are actually blades on both sides anyway).

Then he has two identical, medium-sized serrated swords. They each represent one half-side of the back of the final sword. In other words, each blade is completely flat on one side, but slanted on the other, so when you put them together you get a full cleaving blade on the back of the main sword. The hilts are also very thin and rectangular, so they fit together He slides them each into to the back of the main sword with the serrated end facing inwards, creating an even wider and slightly taller main sword. Their placement is slightly above the guard; you can see their hilts on the lower back edge of the main sword, side by side (or alone, because he puts them on one at a time.) He puts on the first serrated blade before he pulls that limit break and smacks Sin Bahamut downwards, then attaches the second serrated blade when he's being launched at Sin Bahamut by Yuffie.

Then he has two identical, slightly smaller swords whose hilts can fold in. After folding in, he slides these blades into slots on either the side of the main sword, creating the final sword. They're in the very middle of the sides of the main sword and only about half the length of the full thing, a little less than a third the width, and don't add anything to the blade but heft, and looks. They cover up the "spaces" left over from the attachments with the other swords and make it all look like one solid, complete weapon (although they protrude from the sides slightly.) He slides in the first one during the fight in the tunnel with the two clones, and slides in the second one right before he disarms Kadaj.

Overall, that thing is friggin' awesome, and kudos to the artist that designed such a crazy weapon. Kinda cool how they slowly built up the sword throughout the movie but never really gave mention to it. You can kinda see how it might catch Seph off-guard. It's not exactly a simple buster sword anymore.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. he was beaten by cloud at nibelheim after cloud JUMPED HIM FROM BEHIND AND RAN HIM THROUGH WITH THE BUSTER SWORD!!! not being funny, but tat would weaken ANYONE, the buster sword is thick enough to cut you in half by stabbing.
i would like to note that the last order anime twisted that scene areound a bit.

in the actual ingame scene when that happens (and i just played through it this morning) sephiroth's back is NOT turned to cloud when he is impaled by the sword. he didnt sneak attack anybody =P

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played through it a few days ago, and his back was turned..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i remember it clearly, he was standing in fromt of jenovas tank FACING cloud, playing that animation when he has his arms up in the air,

its in the scene underneath mideel in the lifestream with tifa, if it wasnt so far into the game id start a new one just to record it via my capture crad to prove you both wrong =P.

the only time cloud apprached him from behind is AFTER he had already stabbed him when sephiroth was walking along that narrow walkway with jenovas head, (when sephiroth stabbed cloud and cloud threw him into the deep of the reactor)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I distinctly remember Cloud running up to Sephiroth, who was distracted because he was messing with Jenovah's tank. Sephiroth would have never been run through by Cloud if he wasn't off-guard.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your right on the running up part at least =P,

sephiroth was facing cloud when he readied the sword, he was facing cloud when he started running towards him, and sephiroth was facing cloud when the sword was inserted into his stomach.

he was standing, facing cloud with his arms in the air and looking uop in the air, (if youve even played through the first disc youve seen the animation im talking about at least 30 times)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im coming up to that point in my pc version right now, so ill get screenshots/fraps recording :yes:

but, whether the OVA twisted it or not, its official, so thats what happened (especially since the before crisis, and dirge of cerberus games story's will be based around the OVA and advent childrens events.)

so i think we can take for granted that square are trying to answer a few questions people have always asked.

but at the same time, how did cloud have mako eyes BEFORE hojo experimented on him? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom