Final Fantasy: Advent Children. SPOILER THREAD!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause Squall was a pussy? And every time Rinoa made an advance he pretty much just shut down? Yeah, Squall sucks. Back to ff7 AXMAN!! Address my revised post O_O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF6 and FF8 would only be good as movies OF the game and not sequels (maybe). Whatever, kinda going off topic.

Anyways, hated those three brothers but damn, Turks ftw, seriously, extremely bad ass dudes and they are good now! Go Rufus!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would agree with most of that, except you forgot, that once someone returns to the lifestream, the CANT maintain their personality. sephiroth can because he is jenova. Airis can because she is an ancient. i think zach can because of both cloud and airis. but thats going to be cleared up in DoC.

anyway, ill follow up tomorrow, its 4am, i need to sleep, i have a medical exam in the morning.

edit: they arent good at all, they just had a mutual enemy to fight. Rufus out and out lied to clouds face at the start of the movie. the ONLY thing thats changed, is that we can now see rufus has a sense of honor. he actually does want to rebuild the world, but he still wants to be the one to rule it.

Rufus may have changed slightly, but Shin-ra hasnt, and because of that, he will always be corrupt.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok you want to know why Sephiroth was surprised by the move? ok here it is.... get ready.....

Cloud make his sword split into 5 other swords which surprised Sephiroth. This is a new, less powerful version of Omnislash. In FF7 Omnislash does 12 hits plus one "killing blow" hit at the end. This new one uses different swords that cloud switches between to strike Sephiroth multiple times. Now think about this, if you were used to something that you have seen or would have expected and then suddenly that thing you are used to changes, you'd be surrprised too. That is why Sephiroth is surprised. He did not expect those swords would break apart like they did. Hell, that move even surprised me and i didn't know what Cloud was doing till he did the "killing blow" at the end.

Also, Sephiroth has nothing to fear in death as Mad_AxMan as pointed out numerous times. If you knew that you could keep coming back no matter what happend, would you care if you "died"? Of course not.

Cloud was on the deffencive side the entire battle. Sephiroth could have easily used his full power but at the cost of having Kadaj die. Remember, Kadaj was a host for Sephiroth. It was not Sephiroth's body. If it was, he would have not held back at all. He could have easily destroyed Cloud if he wanted to.

Please show me where it says Sephiroth is the greatest swordsmen ever. I know for a fact that he was one of the best SOLIDERS ever.

Everything that Mad_AxMan has said has been supported by numerous amounts of info that is credible. You, unforntuately have yet to support your ideas. As of right now, Mad_Axman is the clear victory and earns himself a cookie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now i'm really not into Final Fantasy, in fact I played ff7 once, with cheats, just so I could go through the story and have a better understanding of the movie. So don't yell at me if I missed something important, but my question is this.

Why does everyone keep saying Sephiroth was holding back and could've killed Cloud in an instant if he wanted to? Didn't Cloud not only put up a fight against him in the game, but KILL him as well. So I just don't really get where everyone is pulling out this "Sephiroth is a billion times stronger than Cloud" thing, considering Cloud already killed him once (And I'm pretty sure he wasn't just messing around back then).

Again, I'm not that interested in Final Fantasy, so if there is some huge glaring piece of info that I missed, don't make fun of me for it. :p

Best answers
I thought he movie was great! 10/10!!! I just like Final Fantasy alot.

Yes, Mad_AxMan is correct. Just to make sure, Cloud has Jenova cells like Sephiroth, correct? The only difference is that they were injected at different times. Sephiroth as a fetus and Cloud as a test subject. Wouldn't this make them equally gods? They could exist forever and maintain their personalities. So really, the reason cloud never died is because, he is just like Sephiroth. He also seems to not only have his own spirit, but Aerith's spirit to. With the Spirit of an Ancient and The Jenova Cells, That would explain why he doesn't die and why he is able to defeat Sephiroth. Sure Sephiroth never used his full power, but do we have proof Cloud used his? I think this is pretty logical analysis as to why they both kick ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
neosaiyan is almost correct.

clouds infusion with the jenova cells is what gave him geostigma.

sephiroths infusion made him a god because of when it happened, his body COMPLETELY fused with the cells. with NO rejection.

hash, i see where your coming from, but you have missed a few key parts. for instance, in the game, you only fight lesser versions of sephiroth. the REAL sephiroth, has only just awakened during the final battle, and isnt up to his full potential, and yet, he can still summon suprnova heh. hes already mastered the ability to shapeshift (inherited from jenova) and lets face it, even though cloud destroyed his body, he already made it clear he could continue to exist afterward.

the only thing that stopped sephiroths plan, was Holy, cloud had nothing to do with that, Airis summoned Holy to stop Meteor. if anything, cloud had done sephiroth a favour, by destroying his body, returning him to the lifestream meant that sephiroth could easily absorb its energy, and devour the energy of those destroyed by meteor when the time came.

Best answers
talk about ff7 game remakes it would be cool to make a mod of it, remastered in new tech 3d not sure what graphic engine would be used, ff10-x2 would be good ones to mod over if anyone could get hold of it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
talk about ff7 game remakes it would be cool to make a mod of it, remastered in new tech 3d not sure what graphic engine would be used, ff10-x2 would be good ones to mod over if anyone could get hold of it

It'd be nice if they remade the 'good' ones: FF6, FF7, & FF8

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think FF9 would be interesting to remake. I mean with the technology they have now they could make it awesome.

The one game I truely hope they remake over any game is Final Fantasy Tatics. If you have ever played this game, then you know why its damn good. The story line as so much going on, betrayal, death, mystery, love and so many other things. You really have to pay attention to the story line to understand how great the game was.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make Xenogears into a CG movie, and by god, all of you will be blown away by the awesome storyline and the graphics (obviously). I miss Squaresoft =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm advent children was awesome.. theres another vid out, final fantasy 7 the last order >_< its anime style

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah Im getting my hands on that as I type this.

Best answers
all the talk about remaking ff games makes me wanna start a mod team bah bah bah, btw why did squaresoft change to square-enix cuz i guess i was sleeping when that happened

Best answers
Hey AxMan like you said, Sephiroth can stay alive because, at the end of FF7 when you kill Jenova she goes into the lifestream. Being here she is able to exist because she is an advanced lifeform. Thus doing this, she is able to let Sephiroth exist forever because of biological ties. Now, what I meant by the Cloud and Aeris bond was, that because she is an ancient, she is able to act like Jenova, but to whom she wants. (Jenova is limited to those only with Jenova cells it seems) We see Aeris and this ties in the movie often. When she talks to Cloud, throws cloud towards Bahamut, and when she yells at one of the brothers for calling her mother so much. So is it possible that Cloud is a god like Sephiroth, but through Aeris instead of Jenova. Also because Cloud has Jenova cells, does this increase his strength to beyond Sephiroths?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cloud is stronger than Sephiroth. Even when Sephiroth went all out (dont give me that bull about him not reaching his full potential -_-), Cloud managed to beat him. At first, Cloud could barely manage to fight Kadaj and company, but once he had something to fight for, he regained what he lost after he had defeated Sephiroth. He had a purpose. When Sephiroth threatened to kill everyone Cloud knew and loved, Cloud became angry and then he did his limitbreak.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
neosaiyan is almost correct.

clouds infusion with the jenova cells is what gave him geostigma.

sephiroths infusion made him a god because of when it happened, his body COMPLETELY fused with the cells. with NO rejection.

hash, i see where your coming from, but you have missed a few key parts. for instance, in the game, you only fight lesser versions of sephiroth. the REAL sephiroth, has only just awakened during the final battle, and isnt up to his full potential, and yet, he can still summon suprnova heh. hes already mastered the ability to shapeshift (inherited from jenova) and lets face it, even though cloud destroyed his body, he already made it clear he could continue to exist afterward.

the only thing that stopped sephiroths plan, was Holy, cloud had nothing to do with that, Airis summoned Holy to stop Meteor. if anything, cloud had done sephiroth a favour, by destroying his body, returning him to the lifestream meant that sephiroth could easily absorb its energy, and devour the energy of those destroyed by meteor when the time came.
Oh ya, I had completely forgotten about Holy. Thanks again, for clearing even more stuff up for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, zeonix, watch the VERY START of the fight, when sephiroth slashes cloud up to the roof. cloud DOESNT BLOCK.

if sephiroth wanted him dead, that would have killed him. now stfu. your wrong, ive proven it over and over, you just refuse to see it.

neo, clouds jenova cells were removed (when his geostigma was cured)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom