Final Fantasy 14

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So who all is ready to play?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure why you'd add the Crysis image, but okay.

I am pretty interested in this but I'm not sure if I can be arsed starting from scratch. I've put so much time in WoW that I'm not sure if I'd be able to do that again. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but there's things about this that just rub me the wrong way. Like the reduced xp if you play for more then x amount of hours. If that's still in.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its an image comparing the Graphics of the Games. Its after 8 hours of play. Its kinda saying "Hey you play too much. Go outside you ****er".

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im a great final fantasy fan i finished 2 4 5 7 8 9 X and <XII and i must play this final fantasy 14 but i guess it will be a pay 2play game again -.-

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wish they would bring back the classic system like ff7 and ff8 had

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its an image comparing the Graphics of the Games. Its after 8 hours of play. Its kinda saying "Hey you play too much. Go outside you ****er".
Well I regularly leave my characters logged in even when I'm not doing anything. On weekends it's not uncommon for them to be logged in for like say, a day. It's not something you would immediately notice, but it's existance is enough to rub me the wrong way and go "Really, Square? Really?"?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I regularly leave my characters logged in even when I'm not doing anything. On weekends it's not uncommon for them to be logged in for like say, a day. It's not something you would immediately notice, but it's existance is enough to rub me the wrong way and go "Really, Square? Really?"?
I mean, It has its ups and downs no doubt but I think it is something to get people to not only play just one class at a time and expand to new characters. Though the people who do play 8 hours + a day won't be the ones who just constantly run the best guilds and all.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have to agree with Origin RE: the >8hr thing. If their reasoning is so that you "go outside" aren't they over-engineering players a little bit? I mean if you're the kind of basement dweller that spends the majority of your time playing video games, having an 8 hour limit is not gonna stop you, and the "problem" isn't really solved if you start playing a different character.

Also, if Square charge by the hour then maybe they can enforce 8 hour penalties, but seriously if I'm subscribing to play for a month or whatever, I should have the right to remain logged in and playing for every single second of that month, without penalty. Penalising the "hardcore" (and I hate using that word to describe gamers) is only going to hurt the community.

...not that I can say I've spent more than 8 hours playing a single game before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You base your choice of purchasing or not purchasing off a Gamespot review?

...Way to have an opinion. -.-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A lot of my friends said that that MMO sucked... better not waste your money on it :D

Despite of how awesome the previous Single-Player Final Fantasy games were..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is also coming from the people who gave King of Fighters 12 a 5/10 because it had different characters.

Let alone. The game is pretty fun. Thats just like X-play. They give Anime Games low ratings because they are Anime Games.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dub these people j-dude followers xD

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You base your choice of purchasing or not purchasing off a Gamespot review?

...Way to have an opinion. -.-
Its not because of Gamespot. Even if it gave it 10, i still wouldn't have got FFO. Am never gonna play a subscription based mmo. The review just strengthened my view.

My decision on whether to get a game, however, is based on a stringent research based on both official and player reviews, player responses and my own gut feeling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you even bother checking out a review of a game you're never going to play anyway?

I understand basing your opinion on several reviews including player reviews, but explain to me why you'd never play subscription based mmo's? I have a feeling what the answer will be but I'd like to hear it nonetheless.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
well, most people check reviews before making a purchase to see if its worth it or not on titles that appeal to them. In this case its a Final Fantasy Title, so it probably interested most people in name alone, they got curious and checked it out. As for subscription based MMO's, not all are good. If you played wow when it came it you pretty much played 70% of mmo's that come out, since most are set up exactly the same. Why change a popular thing. The others that are semi diff are usually hit or miss, depending on gameplay mostly. Game could look amazing visually, but if the gameplay sucks, then its gonna get a terrible review, most people will tell you to pass on it. Anyways, as a guy who used to play wow for 4 years or so, Id prob try it if i got a free trial, but other than that wont buy it myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No I mean, I understand checking out a review but I'm not using reviews as a definate yes or no on whether or not to buy a game. I have games I really enjoy that scored a 4.0 or 5.0 on average.

I myself have no problem with subscription models - I know a lot of people hate WoW for it, for example. But what they forget is that Blizzard has 12 million people to house on their servers. You get a weekly maintenance and the servers are generally running very well. Most companies don't just have a subscription model because it gives them extra money. Of course, some of it is profit, but it also helps pay for servers and their upkeep. I mean to each his own, but I hope not everyone goes "Well I paid for the game, why should I pay for more?" - it actually helps developers do more than just fill their pockets.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got the game, currently updating it. I've played well over 60+ mmo's and played wow for 5 years. I figure I'll give my own little review and pros and cons about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would trust that more than Gamespot, honestly. :p

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would you even bother checking out a review of a game you're never going to play anyway?

I understand basing your opinion on several reviews including player reviews, but explain to me why you'd never play subscription based mmo's? I have a feeling what the answer will be but I'd like to hear it nonetheless.
It not what you think. Am not getting a subscription based mmo for the same reason i won't be getting Crysis right now, because i won't be able to play it. Crysis because currently my pc is disassembled and stuffed in my closet until I move, and the mmo because i don't have the time nor the money to spend on it. I get a few hours a day and am sure its not enough to get my money's worth.

Also, I wasn't stating just my opinion before, since i try keep up the gaming news, i found the low review worth sharing. What i said was just to accompany it. God Gundam said it right, i was just curious since it is FINAL FANTASY. I never intended to get it.

Please don't think am superficial or anything, judging a game solely based on a score. Like you i've played games with low ratings and loved them. One of my favorite game is an Indie game, and i have loved it more then any AAA game except the Half Life series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom