Fileplanet upcomming demo's/betas

Best answers
Ah the perks of being a fileplanet subscriber, i can preload a beta/demo and get the key before anyone else, also i get the info on what is comming up, and honestly with this line up i am not disappointed!

Best answers
Indeed, I have Enemy Territory reserved. I just registered the other day.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, what a list. Personally, I cannot wait to try out Supreme Commander... I'm surprised a demo is coming out though, I thought the game still had a ways to go.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are alternative methods to obtaining those demos. I would also rather go without than give money to FilePlanet.

Best answers
name such ways ^_^ (it would be appreciated) yes, supreme commander has me captovated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh... Bittorrent... or anything else that can download that isn't FP? From the looks of it, he can save precious hours downloading the demos when they're released by downloading them beforehand. There's no way that's worth $40 per year. It's fine if you have nothing better to be doing than sitting and waiting for demos to be unlocked, but otherwise, it's utterly pointless.

The worst part is that the more people pay for small services like this, the more and more we, as gamers, are going to be expected to shell out for little things that cost nothing. FP has people paying them to reduce the stress on their servers when big demos come out by spreading out the load.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really interested in Rainbow Six: Vegas, Enemy Territory and SupCom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh... Bittorrent... or anything else that can download that isn't FP? From the looks of it, he can save precious hours downloading the demos when they're released by downloading them beforehand. There's no way that's worth $40 per year. It's fine if you have nothing better to be doing than sitting and waiting for demos to be unlocked, but otherwise, it's utterly pointless.

The worst part is that the more people pay for small services like this, the more and more we, as gamers, are going to be expected to shell out for little things that cost nothing. FP has people paying them to reduce the stress on their servers when big demos come out by spreading out the load.
First: Maybe you don't remember what Fileplanet was like before, when it was all free. It was an awful mess, with waits for like half a day.

Second: Bittorrent is for thieves and brats with no jobs. When you use it to download a demo before it goes live, then you're stealing, even if it is something free.

When did kids on the internet think it was their god-given right to get everything they want the second they want it, no questions asked? *sigh*

But you're probably right, I bet maintaining thousands of terabytes of information's worth of servers, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, while keeping their website constantly updated with news and new information on upcoming demos and mods almost every other day...probably doesn't cost a dime and is in fact really easily maintained for free.

How dare they ask for two weeks of an average 13-year-old's allowance a year...everything should be free and given to you right away!! Hand-delivered, even!! /sarcasm

Other demo download sites are one thing, but when you start complaining that you can torrent the thing early and for free, well...nobody makes you pay for Fileplanet, man. You just have to wait your turn.

Either way...Supreme Commander, Enemy Territory, and Vegas are going to be really great demos. Ought to be a good change of pace after that crap BF2142 junkpile.

<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->http://forum.esforces.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=797438

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
C'mon Pride. Bittorrent is for thieves and brats with no jobs? What happens when a demo has already been released, but people would like to get it at faster rates than certain sites allows? And how do you steal something thats free? Someone who pays for fileplanet's service is kind enough to upload it for people who don't want fileplanet's service but would like the demo. There are no rules against that. Why should I wait 30 minutes because 20 nonexistant "people" are ahead of me, at all times. No matter what I'm dling. Thats ridiculous.

Filefront, well thats just the ****. Free downloads, extremely fast speeds (I get 700+ kb/s at all times there unless I'm dling something that JUST came out, in which case i'll get 300 kb/s. oh noes), and no waiting. Ever. I'm sure theres some way to subscribe to them, but they don't punish me for not doing so. They say, "Hey, we like you. Wanna dl something? cool. Thanks for coming to us."

But hey, when it becomes illegal to download free software, I'll be the first one to say "What I'm doing is no longer legal." I won't stop doing it, but at least now I'm liable.

Nothing on Fileplanet is worth my money. I'm not going to pay money for demos.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking forward to Supreme commander, so I'll definitely get the demo when I can.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hadn't heard of it's predecessors until I heard of Supreme Commander, and I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to this game. I love the them, I love the units, I love the way it looks. Hopefully, I won't be dissapointed. I'll try out the demo just to make sure I can run it.

Best answers
I use FP for the exclusives it gets. It had BF2142 a day or so before most of the other major sites had it (Filefront, fileshack, etc.). The betas they offer to subcribers are pretty sweet. Tons of free MMO trials.

I used to hate FP with a passion but I finally buckled down and paid for a couple months, and I love it. It's the fastest way to get patches, new demos, and free trials. No other site lets me download at 500k/s.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's wrong with using BT to download demos? It's free to begin with, so all you're doing is helping websites with their terrible burden of file hosting.

But you're probably right, I bet maintaining thousands of terabytes of information's worth of servers, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, while keeping their website constantly updated with news and new information on upcoming demos and mods almost every other day...probably doesn't cost a dime and is in fact really easily maintained for free.
They're owned by FOX. I'm sure they can handle it.

Zeonix said:
Filefront, well thats just the ****.
Yes, yes it is.

Best answers
Fileplanet most the time a highly anticipated game demo is released is more then likely a subscriber only thing, and those come with keys, if someone cracks them and they are put on torrent yes it is illegal.

Other then that download away.

It is 7 bucks to be a subscriber and 3 more to be a ign insider+founder seriously are you guys that cheap you won't pay that for good info+movies+patchs+demos+betas?

Not to mention hitpoints which ='s free old but good games, and the direct to drive system which is kind of like torrent cept it is legal.

Best answers
Mogwai said:
...the direct to drive system which is kind of like torrent cept it is legal.
Torrent is legal. Even tough you can use it to download illegal software. Even Microsoft (or was it Linux?) were planning to insert build-in bittorrent client in their newest version Windows (Or Linux).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
No. Just no.
Eh? No just no to what, to using torrents?

There's nothing wrong with using a torrent to download free software. If anything, you're helping out a gaming site by not using their bandwidth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom