Fighting Multiple Opponents

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's already fast enough. If it were too much faster, you'd never be able to pull off good planned combos.

-Karrde-

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can already "take turns" and make it ridiculously tough for the guy you are going up against. As soon as he recovers from one melee bout just get behind him and get into melee with him again. You have to be fast to get out of 2 on 1 situations no matter how you're dealing with them.

Best answers
is this possible, your swooping straight to hit your oppenent, but theres also one thats trying to hit you if he 1.1 melees you straight into the oppenent u were after, will you knock the guy other guy thats infront of you over? what im trying to say is will the enemy you tried going for go tumbling with you since the other guy hit you into him?

Best answers
Hrm another weird question that just got up to me, when u throw a player > into another player... would this effect the player that the second is bein throwed at? or would he just 'miss'.

'and catch damage for bein hit ... and if so, when the third player dies because of bein hit by the second who gets the kill? the first? or the second?'

Best answers
I've done some two on one's in 1.2, and I must say while it is possible, I'd avoid it at all costs. It's really hard to do any amount of serious damage to one person because the longer you spend on one opponent, the more time they other has to prepare to beam you or get the jump on you angle-wise or what have you. You'd have to be particularly good at landing advanced melee so as to keep beams off your back. Also, ki's certainly something to manage in a 1 on 1 situation, and with more than one person gunning for you, you'll be spending your time moreso teleporting and evading with swoops than using any of your ki to attack.

It's rough, but if you're THAT pimp, you can do it.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
)M(-DarkVegetto said:
is this possible, your swooping straight to hit your oppenent, but theres also one thats trying to hit you if he 1.1 melees you straight into the oppenent u were after, will you knock the guy other guy thats infront of you over? what im trying to say is will the enemy you tried going for go tumbling with you since the other guy hit you into him?
Yes, you'll smash into the enemy you're flying into and cause him to fly backwards as well. Note though if that player dies, you wont get the kill, the person who originally hit you will.

lost said:
Hrm another weird question that just got up to me, when u throw a player > into another player... would this effect the player that the second is bein throwed at? or would he just 'miss'.
Yes, he'll get knocked back as well.

lost said:
'and catch damage for bein hit ... and if so, when the third player dies because of bein hit by the second who gets the kill? the first? or the second?'
The first.

Best answers
frieza for an example fought both piccolo and gohan/krillin and won against them. so adding it will be more team-helping, when you have to go with another player at a single and beat the **** outta him.
another thing: 1.1 vs 1.1. both swoop and blow away,
now another player swoops at one of the players, 1.2 him, and gets a very very very easy kill. now that is mean right? (note to self: try that on stupid bots!!!!)

Best answers
assaf said:
frieza for an example fought both piccolo and gohan/krillin and won against them. so adding it will be more team-helping, when you have to go with another player at a single and beat the **** outta him.
another thing: 1.1 vs 1.1. both swoop and blow away,
now another player swoops at one of the players, 1.2 him, and gets a very very very easy kill. now that is mean right? (note to self: try that on stupid bots!!!!)

I'm having a really hard time understanding what you're saying here. If someone seeking to knockback head on's someone trying to prepunch, the one knocking back will land their KB, and then will get prepunched. The KB damage lands first, so if the prepuncher has low health, well.. Bad news for them. The Prepunches following afterward take a good deal of ki, a lot more than they would normally and if you run out of ki, you get KB'd again. Also, you can't do a combo out of this kind of head-on.

So, if the prepuncher has the ki, they'll be able to make up for the KB damage they took out of the head-on, however if they don't, they're on the short end of the stick, and I feel that's balanced.

Best answers
Is it possible or going to be possible or even thought of to do a 2 man combo with a teammate? Like, would it be possible for you to throw an enemy into your teammate and if your teammate hits at just the right time he can do that umm "Slam arms down like monkey thing" and hit the player straight down into the ground, or like kick him into a wall or something?

(the topic is multiple melee, i think this falls into the cat)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in 1.1 when a player is rolling or spiraling out of control, you could swoop or tele after them and hit them agian. this causing a "combo" thus three hit combos were created etc. so when you throw a player at your team mate and your team mate swoops after the guy being thrown i dont see why he shouldnt be allowed to hit or kick him or even do adv. melee

Best answers
Well, seeing how if you throw a player into a another player it knocks them back too or whatever.. i just wasn't sure if you could throw an enemy into your teammate and have him melee them without your teammate getting hurt in the process.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To tell you the truth i dont know. but that would be pretty sweet if you could... and unfair and not nice. but still pretty sweet. also if you could it would be the closest to team fighitng and 2 vs 1 as we will get.

Best answers
Well I don't think its unfair at all. If you are setting up to throw an opponent into your teammate so he can use this "team combo trick" the teammate thats waiting for the flying pig would, I would assume be at a disadvantage, because he is wide open to any attack. And if he tries to fight off anyone who tries to attack him or what not he probably wouldn't have enough time to get back into position to hit the man flying at him, and because of this he would likely miss... and the flying dodgeball (mmm nicknames) would likely walljump off the wall he is flying into and rocket into what was to be the reciever with a melee.

D: hopefully someone understood that. Basically i said it wouldn't unbalance anything : ) + add teamplay....

Best answers
I think the player is being throwed so fast that it wont be must of an issue - i think its impossible practically, but i dont know how it would be in theory...

Best answers
Well, i think it would be impossible to swoop at the player flying to you (cause ur right they are going very fast), which is why you would more have to "catch" the player by standing still and waiting for just the right moment to melee. Of course if you melee too early or too late you are gonna go flying, so it would add more strategy ;)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You dont' have to wait for them to come to you to press the 1.1 melee button (mouse2 by default I suppose). Just hold it down, and when the player being thrown comes into your range, boom he's hit automatically. I know it's cheap but it worked in Beta 1.1, when either you're swooping at someone, or that person is swooping at you. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahhh the secret oh howing. i tried to master that but it didnt work out well. anywho. Even with out asking someone who made or tested esf im pretty sure that if someone is thrown out of control into the air and hasnt recovered yet, i think that yes you can hit them with 1.1 maybe 1.2 melee. i dont see why its not possible.

Best answers
This is a little off topic, but I didn't know where else to post it.
I was watching one of the 1.2 preview and I noticed that when you win the prepunch, and are setting up the combo, both of the characters just kind of sit there for a bit. My question is; has this been changed? Because it looks kind of silly to have both of the characters just sit there in the middle of a fierce battle. If it hasn't, I suggest that while the winner is setting up the combos, that the characters continue throwing random punches that don't cause damage, but serve as a little filler for that time.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maverick660 said:
This is a little off topic, but I didn't know where else to post it.
I was watching one of the 1.2 preview and I noticed that when you win the prepunch, and are setting up the combo, both of the characters just kind of sit there for a bit. My question is; has this been changed? Because it looks kind of silly to have both of the characters just sit there in the middle of a fierce battle. If it hasn't, I suggest that while the winner is setting up the combos, that the characters continue throwing random punches that don't cause damage, but serve as a little filler for that time.
Yeah, we wanted to do that but we kinda ran out of time... Probably something we will fix in later versions.

Best answers
hey is this possbile,the enemy right and his team mate right, can ur enemy swing his team mate and then throw him at me so he can get a kill?

or wat about this, your swooping at too people that are advance meleeing and you want to join in but one of them are on your team and he throws the enemy at me, then can i start throwing the enemy thats geting flew to me, and can you join in so say you are flying into to people that are ameeleing so can you make 3 people ameleeing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom