Fightclub(better one than before)

Best answers
There are 2 people including me in this photo. We worked hard and I put ketchup on myself to gain the dirty effect on my body.. So this deserves a new thread just in itself cuz I worked so hard on it.

Still smell like ketchup:

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No motions.... you all held your positions... I give 7/10 for lighting and 3/10 for contents... Even if you were on a timer you still should have moved around abit. As it is you all seem frozen in time and not in a fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its nice, but i agree with hsu on this one. but you gotta love the shadows, it kinda brings it to life, but it still loofs fake. and it also looks like your starin at the camera which givess off another fake feeling. hmm... overall its nice, i like it. it kinda looks like a fight between frankie munezz or w/e [you], against my brother [the other guy]. try a cool stance, and him swinging like that looks unnatural. overall 8/10 gj.

EDIT*
im not trying to shoot you down tim, i love your work, im just critin :D .

Best answers
The shutter speed was very fast so even if we moved I could not capture motion.. on the gamblers you can.

Oh well, first time doing this with the cam. Still had fun. I'll take these into consideration when I go to make my next one of these.

Don't worry about :p You help me improve on my art. Just tryin new ideas.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when is a picture of a fight actually "real" looking? whenever i look at a nice picture of a fight it seems fake... to me...

i think u did well.. its not perfect... neither amazing.. but its good.

8/10

Retired
Best answers
I dont think thats bad....black is actually black..which is damn hard when you shoot something at night. especially in a movie orso.. so I think thats a real plus, pic is very high quality. but what the others said, it's not really a real fight. but imo it's just a detail, cuz I think the pic itself is nicely done.

Best answers
Thanks guys. We might do more tonight. Going to the beach and will be doing this on a beach probably..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then add 10x more people

i love this kinda thing.. 10x the same guy on the same picture :) try make yourself huggling yourself! :)

Best answers
it looks kind of too played out because the kid's fist is 5 feet away from the other guy's face, lol. net time try actualy have him punching him or something

Best answers
I want to crit it, but I'm way biased against Fight Club, so I don't think could say anything constructive since I'm almost disgusted with the source material.

Alright, maybe I'll say something. The color is nice, the framing isn't bad, but I think it lacks a real coherent focus, much like the movie. Wow I'm so clever. Seriously though, maybe if the fighters were larger or more pronounced in the frame, or you made the observers static while the fighters were active you may get something more... dynamic from the shot.

On another note, if you're punching with your right hand you'd probably want your right foot back as leverage and your left foot forward for balance. Then you push with your right foot, hip and chest as you swing to put the power of your whole body behind it. The way you are punching now would be limp compared to the alternative. It's also dangerous to completely extend your legs at any point as a solid blow can strain/break/dislocate a kneecap like a cheap lego brick.

Best answers
Gonna do that tonight probably.. I got a tripod so it'll help.. that was on a car so the focus was hard to get :p

Best answers
I can't seem to grasp what's going on in that photo, who's punching who? Is there actually any punching going on at all? They just seem to be... standing there, hands in the air. The feet are all wrong for any kind of action at all, I think. I'm not exactly Senór Experto over here...

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its an interesting shot, bus as others have said it looks a little too set up. maybe trying to capture a little motion would help some.

Best answers
good concept but not executed very well..

im doing some photography now and if i were to ever do any soft of a fighting scene i'd actually get the 'fighters' to throw real punches, not stand still or lean abit.

the sense of realism is gone from seeing the stances the fighters are in..

5/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks ok to me although the two people in the middle bother me a bit

Best answers
Take this into consideration. I do not know alot about photography or stances etc.. instead of actually saying "this is all wrong, it looks wrong" tell me what I can fix, give an example of what might look good. I do not want comments that just tell me the photo is wrong, it doesnt help me.

Take it into consideration..please, not just for me, but for all art in general. Critiqueing is not just stating, it's actually helping.

I appreciate all the comments but they never have helped me but say that it "bothers me" or "stances are all wrong"..

I know ya'll can help better than that. You've done it before on my manipulations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well...try making it look real, if you have to, get into a fight and take a pic :D. But i would just make it look real and stuff, like that other dude thats punching forward...if doesnt look like he is punching, it looks like he is leaning. and the other people look kinda wierd, but if you can get them all together again set it up alot better with real movments and stuff, but its a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom