Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My homebrew project atm is building a solid little fighting game. After quite some time, it seems to be getting somewhere interesting.

Its a rather simple 2D brawler, one against many. You have a variety of combat techniques, can take weapons, and can interact with the environment to a small extent at this stage. Ive recently implemented a dismemberment system and some special sword moves.

FIGHT!

When you start up the game, choose your colour, then begin. You will start in Free Mode. Follow the instructions and complete the tutorial, then practice and experiment. When you exit Free Mode, your life will be on the line, and you must kill as many as you can.

There are a few minor bugs, and some missing animations at this stage. As I iron out some of the content, I will add things like soundFX, additional weapons, ability to take weapons during grabs, and more varied enemies and maps. These things are easier to implement after the standard is stable. Any major changes I make will be updated here =)

Let me know what you guys think, crits are always handy. If you are having issues or bugs, let me know and tell me your CPU speed and FPS.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I am from the NG community, something like this should easily make front page for a while at least. Ill get it sponsored and make a few $K along the way too :)

By the way, dont feel like you cant b***h and complain about features of the game :p Dont get me wrong, I like being praised for what Ive done, but some careful nitpicking and elaboration helps me out a lot at this stage.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to be honest, I am usually the first in line to give some crits and comments...but right now I am having a hard time trying to think of anything negative. :p The only thing that is really missing is some sounds. I don't know if you know about this search engine already, but it might be of some use to you if you don't have any sounds: http://www.findsounds.com/

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually synth or record my sounds, if I can find some decent royalty free ones, ill use them. But its much easier to leave all the sound work and programming til the end :)

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
There is a bug with picking up items. If I pick something up more then a couple of times I either get stuck and can't do a thing or I can't pick up anything.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Boogyman, I think I can fix that =)

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
had some fun man.. nice game! its a little slow for me dunno if its cuz of connection or something..

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats your CPU speed and what FPS do you get playing?

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ive got up to 20fps max (on your counter)

my cpu is athlon 64 running on 1.8ghz D:

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hrmm something like this would have been a pain on my old Athlon1600 (1.4GHz). Ill do my best to optimise it so it can run well on machines less that 2 GHz.

Once the actual gameplay starts, the right-click menu is disabled. So try this - when you first get to the main menu, press Right-click>Quality>Low

See if you get a performance boost that way.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive tried it and yes it is faster but the enemies wont spawn now.. even after restart and whole page refresh.. maybe cuz I choose purple color?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure whats happening there, cant reproduce it. Must be something else you did.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ive tried it and yes it is faster but the enemies wont spawn now.. even after restart and whole page refresh.. maybe cuz I choose purple color?
Did you skip the tutorial? Cos if you do, you will pretty much end up playing with your self :p

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can always spawn an enemy by pressing the + key.

If you skip the tutorial from the beginning you will be forced to do this.

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
havent realy tried adding them with + :D

first time I tryed it I skipped tutorial and everything went well..

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Ill take out the ability to skip the tutorial =/ It kinda is very important, as it only really scratches the surface of how you can use stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom