Few suggestions ...

Best answers
Hello,

I have recently downloaded this mod, and I must say I'm impressed, the gaming experience was even behind my expectations ...

I have noticed an annoying bug though, regarding the mapping. When you fly high enough with your character, your camera will get out of the skybox, and you'll only see a dark area with entities, you will not even see yourself. Also, if you fly high enough, and attempt to fire a blast or something, you'll damage yourself, as the blast will hit the skybox and explode. Well here's a suggestion... Make a CLIP texture in front of the skybox, that will prevent characters to touch the skybox.
Here's an illustration of this...

You may have already implemented this on some of your maps (I didn't have time to check all of them), or you may have already planned to do that, but I just wanna be useful.

About the game itself, you should create a "last man standing" mode or something like that. All players would fight each other (like FFA or something), and the round would end when someone remained on the battlefield. The respawn shouldn't be happening before the end of the round. I hope you'll consider this one.

Also, if you need a mirror for your mod, I would gladly host it on my server (www.niksicgrad.org)
One more thing, if you need one more beta-tester or something, I would gladly help.

Greetings.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well first this is not cs to respawn whit the team .I don't have noting whit u but it's allredy has a FFA look in advance where it says CTDB and down is someting like FFA and tere is a sugestion thader so sugest there

Best answers
hm.. well if u want to make a suggestion, i sugges that u go to the suggestion area, so i thing mod should move this to there..

and now, the clip thingy, im not sure if it's avaible to be done, if it's a natural thing in hl engine, just like the thing when u go to the botton of a lake/river or anything with water u will start walking in the bottom like there were no water at all, so i dunno, hope some1 knows better than i do ..

and then the last man standing is suggested many times and far as i can see it's not going to be added, but u will never know if the team decided to do so ..

and there are many beta testers allready .. so i dont thing theyll add u just like that ..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team knows about the skybox thing. It's a limitation of the HL engine. HL was never designed to have players bumping up against the skybox.

Best answers
Yeah, sorry about that, I've noticed "suggestions" forum after I posted, and I didn't have time to delete it etc.

Now, regarding the skybox thing, I made a little map that will demonstrate you that I'm not talking **** here...

http://shmelle5.users.cg.yu/esf_arena.rar <-- Download

It is something like arena from tournaments ...

If you check it out, you'll see that your camera can't be outside of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom