Ferst Modal Evar!

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll never model again because of this ****.
LoL... emo?.....

Anyway, to make a ball you usually have to click and drag (unless you do it pixel by pixel :| ) so it's not a big deal that you can use your mouse :) .
Get over it and google tutorials and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah nice call on that, IT'S MY FIRST MODEL, nice encouragement ****heads, I'll never model again because of this ****.

smacktards
Rofl first model or not you didn't even model a mouth just textured it on? Way to go!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cmon, oh, please, I got same comments for my first model, and that's why I love this forum, no sucking up :p, just honestly, and I love that, but w/e that's your choose just IMO it is vry stupid one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah nice call on that, IT'S MY FIRST MODEL, nice encouragement ****heads, I'll never model again because of this ****.

smacktards
Oh we sincerely appologize for not sucking up to this greatly simple yet excellent model that must have required allot of time.
one site..
www.poopinmymouth.com
now get to it, start modeling.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus guys, lay off him a bit, could ya'? It's his first model, let him be happy he's made something that resembles more than a simple primitive. I won't say the modelling bit of this could have taken much time. It's a sphere on low segment iterations, maybe an extrude or two, a modified hemisphere for the feet and then given a pretty nice Photoshop texture. It's simple, it's quick, and a good place for a learner to start. It looks a lot more convincing than my first model. Then again, in my first model I bit off way more than I could chew.

But yeah, it's good, and I'd love to see where he can go from here with a more challenging character to model. I won't say it's brilliance because of the simplicity, but it's worthy.

One thing I'll say is that when you're critiquing a learner, it's tactful to be kind and constrictive, while pointing out the errors. Let him know when he's got it right, and lead him in the right direction when he's wrong, but never flat-out insult him, even if what you're saying is true. I know that I never enjoyed critique on this forum because a lot of people would rather verbally punish me for making a mistake than tell me the problem and how best to correct it. The more seasoned people here did that, but the rest decided not to be kind.

I have to advise against this for any form of art, because your words can greatly diminish the confidence of the subject of critique.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that I never enjoyed critique on this forum because a lot of people would rather verbally punish me for making a mistake than tell me the problem and how best to correct it.
And THAT'S why I love these forums!
Why hold back? Check the quote in my sig.
Rocky Balboa said:
Life is all about how many hits you can take, and still keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
I admit, it may not be suitable for everyone but, breaking someone's motivation ussually brings it back, ten times as strong. Look at yourself ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For what it's worth, I like the model, good job on it. Don't quit. As VivaLaPineapple would say, complexity is overated, say it with simplicity. It might not be the best model with the best polyflow ever, but it's a start, I have seen worse first models, I have even seen people **** up a soccerball for crying out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom