Feature

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=828548#post828548

Since it's considered a feature (read the entire thread to understand what I'm talking about), and Gubir and I have illustrated how this can be exploited, should something be done?

You decide.
Personally i like it. It may set you to a block pose but it leaves you easier to angle. Also it adds a bit of strategy to the game.

As for the block lamming as you illustrated it being used. If there is a delay you have enough time to teleport away. The only reason why block lame exist is cause of the instahit glich and the prepunch bug in 1.2.

Now flame away :p

In 1.1 blocking was valid (but 1.1 had HOWing). You could block and try to hit back as soon as possible in 1.1 cause you couldnt instantly do it. Thats what id like to see back. Not beeing able to block melee with no way to counter is as lame as using the instahit bug in 1.2.3 if you ask me. Besides if you block melee you still take HP damage (probably stamina as well in 1.3).

Anyhow those are my reasons.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
with the new adv melee, blocking will push you back slightly I guess that also counts for simple melee hits then.
problem solved. :)
Besides, you'll most likely be able to stop dash/swoop when you let go off the key like you used to in 1.2.x

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now I didn't give 2 ****s about the block stopping swoop or whatever was said. In his first post he typed "hitting dash interrupts swoop" well thats what I was responding too. In the bug section you post bugs not suggestions.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's awesome, Phobius, but that isn't the topic of the this thread.

I have no problem with block being used as a defensive manuever, because that's what it's designed for, but if block can be used as a "stopping" attack, forcing his opponent to stop moving while leaving him open to a quick counter, it could become a problem.

But hey, if there's going to be a delay disallowing a person to continually stop his opponent in his tracks, problem solved. I just don't want it to become the opposite of what we see in 1.2, which is "run, run, run, zomg your swoop ran out, now I fly into you before you can swoop or tele away lols". Some might say "it's part of the game!", but it's the really crappy part.

@DJ: Stopping after letting go solves a ****load of problems.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well actually the topic of your thread could be anything with the title you have for it and linking to a thread that was in the bug section. Next time make better titles something like "current block system" or anything like that would have been more of a given on what you were talking about.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phobius, please don't pretend to be less intelligent than you actually are. Anyone who read my post understood the topic of my thread. Grega understood the topic, and so did DJ Ready. In fact, they both addressed the topic with quite well. I don't know what your deal is, but don't make something out of nothing for the sake of doing so.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I was saying is its a suggestion and should be put in the suggestion forum thats all.

*Moved to Suggestions*

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I....didn't suggest anything, but ok.

Since it seems like the team (I'm basing this off of Readys and Gregas posts) has already figured out a way to counter what could have become another exploit or just another extremely annoying tactic, this can be closed. I just wanted to see if anything was going to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom