Best answers
how hard would it be to make the models look like the ones from fear effect?? i think it would add a uniqueness 9even though it's an idea taken from another game) to esf to have the models like that. Whatcha think?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Your refering to cel shading. DMZ has models like that. The ESF team has turned down this suggestion before so go play DMZ if you want cel shading.

Best answers
perhaps yoiu didn't read my post. It was a question asking how hard is it. but thanks, i didn't know this was brought up before.

Vassago

V
It's not hard at all to create that kind of effect, but it's impossible to create real cel shading with the Halflife engine. There is only one way to fake it in HL. You have to make a duplicate of the model mesh, then you invert the faces, scale it up a tad, then assign a black material to it. This will give you the cell shaded look, but will also double the polycount of any model that uses that technique.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by suicidal_maniac
Your refering to cel shading. DMZ has models like that. The ESF team has turned down this suggestion before so go play DMZ if you want cel shading.
Erm... I don't think you have any idea whatsoever of what Cell Shading is because DMZ doesn't have it. :rolleyes:

And then even so, the DBZ game for the Ps2 has cell shading, and it doesn't look good. Go check out some movies for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cell shadeing isnt as bad as everyone says it is i mean its perfectly fine in games like robotech battlecry and zoe2

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Kama

Erm... I don't think you have any idea whatsoever of what Cell Shading is because DMZ doesn't have it. :rolleyes:

And then even so, the DBZ game for the Ps2 has cell shading, and it doesn't look good. Go check out some movies for it.
Yeah, well, your ugly:cry:
I thought I heard before that it was cel shaded oh well.

Best answers
ya, that looks good, imo. Would someone make a model in cell shading just show show us what it would look like?? That ps2 game is too bright, but it does resemble the show quite nicely.

Best answers
The first release of DMZ had cell shaded models. We scraped it and went for more realistic models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom