FCX Art Thread

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is an art thread and will include other media that I've completed or in the process of completing.
I've read that you can start your own art thread simular to "Tales Art+Tutorials =D (?)" & "
Linda's new topic" in which you can even revive the thread if you have new art to post or any progress made (can a moderator varify that please).

Semi-Realistic Vegeta WIP (C+C Please)

Berserk Inspired image, planning to add more length to the sword to meet the ground. (C+C Please)
Also, "Kinu" is a third alias I use, my second one is "Kenji Neikamaru" basicly the short form, Kenji Neikamaru

A perspective view of Goku, cant fit his damn face in with out it looking weird though. (C+C Please)

a 'thank you' to Optimus Prime for helping me get the pressure sensitivity to work on my Wacom tablet.​

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:

a 'thank you' to Optimus Prime for helping me get the pressure sensitivity to work on my Wacom tablet.[/center]
OMGOSH <3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional22 said:
NOES HE MEANS ME!!!!!11!!
Fatal_CobraX said:
a 'thank you' to Optimus Prime for helping me get the pressure sensitivity to work on my Wacom tablet.
I think they're nice, the opty one made me laugh :)

----

The vegeta isnt too realistic looking, its nice. Not relaly my style.

----

The beserk looks pretty damn nice :yes:

You gonna finish that one?

----

the goky looks great, except the hand. Looks a bit deformed. Also, the way its palm is pointing looks akward D:

On all of them...

8/10 :yes:

Best answers
Your facial anatomy is off (ear is missplaced and too small, mouth is undefined and lifeless, his eyes look at two different directions and are missplaced compared to the nose, the perspective of the nose is different than the perspective of the head)

The two poses are quite good, but they both have broken wrists (and goku is missing a piece of his arm)

I like the last one the most tbh.. It's meant to be cartoony, and it is cartoony, so you scored there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the Berserk styled pic, the left foot (or "my right") is too big. And would a hand really be in that position?

Very nice work otherwise.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the C+C all, I'm going to continue working on the Berserk inspired pic and Goku.
His wrist is supposed to look like that because it's broken..
Currently adding his clothes and armour, any suggestions?
Also I'm not sure what to make his face/hair to look like.

The wrinkle marks on his hand are on a second layer and are there just for reference, as is the face... and that crappy sketch of ronald mcdonald..​

Best answers
=D That last one made my day =D (Opty i mean)

Pretty good goku, just the face is not-gokuish :/ But lol @ ronald mcdonald

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smaller mouf and TEH DBZ MASTOR EYES and you're done ^_^

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was drawing a generic flying pose to see if I could draw the shoulders properly if they were raised up.
I got a little more in to the image as time passed and I decided to continue the image as superman instead of leaving the drawing as a basic body sketch.
So as I look up Superman in google for references on how to draw his costume (lol) I saw this on the first page: http://web.netbul.com/cocuk/images/themes/yeni/superman.jpg
... The center stock for that wallpaper looks a lot like my pic.

I'm planning on actually finishing this one since I love the Smallville series and saw the Superman Returns trailer =D C+C Please.​

Best answers
not bad drawings but nothing that catches my eye, i think with alot more practice u have the potential to become a good drawer, though that may take some time... good luck anywayz..

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Escobar said:
not bad drawings but nothing that catches my eye, i think with alot more practice u have the potential to become a good drawer, though that may take some time... good luck anywayz..
Heh,
well I've never been motivated to finish any of my art.
Perhaps when I actually complete something you may like it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
I've read that you can start your own art thread simular to "Tales Art+Tutorials =D (?)" & "Linda's new topic" in which you can even revive the thread if you have new art to post or any progress made (can a moderator varify that please).
Consider that observation verified. Feel free to update your thread whenever you need to :]

...on a side note, your works are quite well done! I'd offer deeper comments and criticisms if I had any sort of grasp of the visual arts; but I don't :(

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
Consider that observation verified. Feel free to update your thread whenever you need to :]

...on a side note, your works are quite well done! I'd offer deeper comments and criticisms if I had any sort of grasp of the visual arts; but I don't :(
Thanks,
any sort of compliments motivates me to finish my works. (Probably the purpose of this thread.)
I'm going to try make some good progress on that Berserk image once I wake up later.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Current WIP.
Could use some tips on the shading.

Need Goku (End DBZ) & Naruto (Pt.2) lineart top notch as well as coloured.
They are going to be used as the main header on an anime site.
Need C+C on both please.​

Best answers
i like the realistic vegta one its good:yes: :yes: never seen any one do tht b4 but why grey hair insted of black????

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BIGS said:
i like the realistic vegta one its good:yes: :yes: never seen any one do tht b4 but why grey hair insted of black????
It was just a rough sketch with minor colouring.

I plan on finishing this one.
Honest.​

Best answers

Goku looks like a retard, yeah I know.

hola fatal cobra.
just wanted to say you've made some progress since your first post here. I think on your last post, the first thing that stood out to me was the proportions. the neck to the nipple to the belly button was pretty accurate (i forgot if the 2nd head was suppose to line up with the belly button so sorry if im wrong).. however when i tried to measure it down to the crotch, it was a bit short. so naturally, the legs were off too. for my people i use standard measurements: half the body (head to crotch) equals to crotch to legs. i think those are the basic measuresments (or atleast the ones that i see most commonly used). also i think you made the biceps a bit too long and stiff looking. you can look up some ref and probably taht will help you understand the muscle system more. i think the arm length could be a little longer, but overall it will do. this is for the 2nd piece btw.

the goku picture seems to be a little bit tilted.. instead of him being in a three point view, he seems to be in a threepoint and eye lvled view. his torso tells me we're looking down on him, but his legs do not. If you moved the legs over ( instead of bending it ")" way, you could bend it "|" that way or "\"). i think that could help push the perspective a little.

im not trying to be offensive, or saying your art is not good. I think it is coming along and just with a bit of work you can get a lot further. i hope these crits can help you.. and good luck!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the crits, I'll keep those in mind when ever I draw again.
Draw over's would also really help me, with the goku one I tried a fish-eyed kind of thing but, screwed up and just went with it.. I was convinced I wanted -one- coloured piece.. xD
The Ryu JR Doll was actually drawn around the time the unoriginal concept was drawn, I found it again not too long ago.
Very rough sketch.

Was drawing guts untill I realized when he get's the Dragonslayer he already lost his forearm.
So, Guts JR with his fathers sword?.. Will that work.. ? o_O;;​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom