Favorite book/s?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Learn C++ in 21 days. o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite book is "Look at My Giant Sig" by Dream Killer. Seriously--can you please tighten that up a little, if you have to have all that there? It takes up half my screen's height and I'm at 1280x1024!

Back ontopic: All time fave is Dark Tower, and just about any Stephen King stuff I love. Stephen King is masterful at creating lifelike characters and my writing strives to emulate him as much as I can. I also loved Anne Rice's first four Vampire Chronicles novels (The Vampire Lestat - Memnoch the Devil). And a great book I read is Swan Song by I believe Robert McCammon (McGammon?), which is basically a much cooler version of The Stand.

I am probably much more noted for the things I hate more then the things I love. I hate Tolkien, he is an awful writer outside of his dialog (because the character's dialog is the only part when he's actually thinking of the characterization rather than indulging his raging old-man-boner for his settings). I didn't really like Hitchhiker's Guide (it was good but I didn't laugh at it; I understood what was supposed to be funny and interpreted it as such but it wasn't really 'laugh out loud' funny like Drew Carey's "Dirty Jokes and Beer" book). I think Neil Gaiman is hit or miss for me and have yet to read most other stuff. I really want to get ahold of DaVinci Code, because it sounds interesting, but unfortunately I am with reading novels the way a prominent musician is with music; I can't read ****ty writers and be tolerant of it (Like how I can't stomach reading my 1979 paperback Fellowship of the Ring copy because it is relatively unedited and doesn't depict the Hobbits actually even leaving the Shire until about page 200...ridonculous). I hate all fantasy novels immensely, even the Warcraft ones (and I love Warcraft). I never read any Star Trek or Star Wars novels because I will just pick their inconsistencies apart and it ruins my immersion in them.

Stephen King is my idol, regardless of his (albeit minimal) flaws here and there. I want to read some Koontz but haven't had any recommended to me. Like I said, Neil Gaiman is hit or miss for me (American Gods was good even if his main character was a little flat); Anne Rice was cool until she hit menopause and started making Lestat want to have sex with old men and young boys all the time (everything after Memnoch is broken vaginal hormones with a keyboard and she gave every schmuck their own sequels). And Robert Mc-whoeverheis seemed very cool but I haven't read much of his stuff.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Magician's Nephew
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The DaVinci Code
Sphere
Congo
The Color of Magic
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hobbit
Matilda
The Golden Goblet
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Firestarter
Brian's Winter (Heh, funny coincidence, Zero)
The Alchemist

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Gaara* said:
Troll-slayer
skaven-slayer
deamon-slayer
dragon-slayer
beast-slayer
vampire-slayer
giant-slayer

yes, those are awsome books. im re-reading skaven slayer right now (imo the funnyest in the series. grayseer thanqol > all)

and i cant believe i forgot OMAM.... its one of the greatest stories ever. i fell in love with lennie as a character =[

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
i like all the "hatchet" books, the river, brians winter, all of them.

But my favorite book, th eonly book i've ever actually read more than once for enjoyment, was some animorphs book, it was err... the shape shifting dudes brother, elfangor i think, it was about him, it was just so cool...
Off topic: the hatchet sucks its gross too brian eats the friggen puke berries and throws up and has diarhea its gross.

Ontopic: i like all the Harry Potter books and my 6th one is on its way in the mail w000000t.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and all the other books in the series ftw.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LotR and Hobbit
The DaVinci Code - close to if not my favourite
Angels and Demons - Prequel to above, and also fantastic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy owns you all.

Other than that, Ive read the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind and The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amending my list, my favorite books when I was very very young..

Tuck Everlasting,
The Secret Garden,
The Cricket in Times Square,
From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

Best answers
My Favorite is the riverworld series (published 1971 O_O )

Also LOTR and when i was younger the Animorphs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.....Lee, I'm hoping like hell that i can add the Felix & Gotrek series to this list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom