Faulty O/S Privilages

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay so if anyone here has played a game where punkbuster is required to play knows or should know that you need the proper OS privileges in order to play.

So I have this problem with my privileges, even though I have done what is necessary to fix those problems (taken from the America's Army website), however punkbuster still does not allow me to play.

I think the problem has to do with the fact that I have windows installed on a mac, and the mac OS has the privileges, not the windows OS. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to "hack" this so it works properly, or knows any other solution to the problem.

And if I was unclear on any of my problems let me know and I'll try to straighten it our more for you.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what I found at the Punkbuster website:

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think I have any programs open that interferes with PB and I usually do play on non-PB servers with americas army but there's only like 2-3 up and I just got battlefield 2 and I don't think they have any non-PB servers. I also setup my computer so that I made sure I was the admin on the windows side so that leads me to the conclusion that it has something to do with the fact that I'm running windows on a mac.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it has anything to do that your windows is installed on a mac. Windows=Windows, and your windows doesn't "know" that mac OS is also installed, because that info is in the MBR as far as I know. So it has to be some setting/program within windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom