Fate / Unlimited Codes

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A fighting game made by Capcom based on the popular Fate / Stay Nights visual novel.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6JH6MQmKQ[/ame]

It's on the PS2 and currently only in Japanese, but coming to the US. I hope it has an option for the Japanese voices.

Overall, I had a chance to play this, and it is...very intense. You know those hardcore 2D fighters that require tons of skill? This is that style in 3D.

For fans of Fate / Stay Night, it's a must I'd say, especially once it's translated, as it introduces Lily Saber, it's kinda like how in Battle Moon Wars Arc went Magical Girl mode. As a fighter, it's actually very good. If you liked Melty Blood, you'll love this.

Each character has a unique set of abilities and different ways to pull them off. It's not like the DBZ Budokai PS2 games, as the videos make it look, it's hard to explain without playing it yourself. It's kinda like Soul Calibur & DBZ Budokai had a baby and this is what came out.

I'm going to buy it once it comes to the US, but only if it comes with the Japanese voices.(I've heard the English voices...just no.)

Best answers
I actually posted a topic about this months ago, sadly no one responded that I can remember and it got pushed pages back.

While I agree that this game is hardcore, it's still really fun.

Saber Alter FTW!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You posted a topic about it? But I searched "Fate / Unlimited Codes" and received no results. Sorry man.

Yeah, it is. Even if you're not a fan, most people I've shown this too, enjoy the game for it's gameplay.(You need really fast moving hands for a game like this. A battle can last 30 seconds or 30 minutes.)

Best answers
You posted a topic about it? But I searched "Fate / Unlimited Codes" and received no results. Sorry man.

Yeah, it is. Even if you're not a fan, most people I've shown this too, enjoy the game for it's gameplay.(You need really fast moving hands for a game like this. A battle can last 30 seconds or 30 minutes.)
Ah, gomen. I thought it was a topic, but a post in the "What game did you get last?" thread (or a similar named topic)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as it has unlimited blade works and archer im all for it XD

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. It does. A PC fanmade version exists, called Fatal Fake. It's not as good obviously, but it's pretty decent actually. It contains all F/SN and Realta Nuata characters.(I can't wait for Beasts Lair to finish translating that.)

Overall, as the story is Japanese, and I can't read it, I can't say how good the story really is. Though obviously it can't be up to par with the originals. THe video even shows Unlimited Blade Works. It's very hard to actually use though...you need to input like 30 commands a second or so. :p

Best answers
THe video even shows Unlimited Blade Works. It's very hard to actually use though...you need to input like 30 commands a second or so. :p
It's not that hard. I just bind the EX and specials with L1+L2+R1+R2 and UBW is easy to use. The hard thing with Archer is chaining his moves. Unless you can do over 200 button mashes a second you can forget chaining his swords with his bow.

The hardest EX I think is Gilgamesh's. Where he drags you with a chain while smacking you with random weapons from the gate, tying you up with more chains then either using Enuma Elish or the Gate of Babylon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom