Fat Tax

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gots myself a political idea, this is totally fictional so i dunno if this is allowed rules wise, but mkay, here's my idea.

Basically, you would have regular checkups with your doctor (some disabilities wud be excused), keeping record of what your personal weight is, each person would be issued a category (like overweight, obese, serverly obese etc) you would be issued a card depending on your weight. This card must be shown when buying food and depending on what catergory (normal weight wud be 0%, obease would be like 10%, i dunno the exact figures) you will be taxed different ammounts. It would also depend on the types of food you buy too, if it is something with a high fat content, like a macdonalds it'll multiply your percentage by 1.5 or something. Anyway, with all the money made from this tax, it would all be sent to starving countries to help out their quality of life.

Thats a very rough outline of it, and it probably wouldnt be possible to enforce for another good decade or so, but I think it'd solve 2 birds with 1 stone, overweight people would have to consider eating healthily, and starving people would reap all the benefits.

Anybody think this is a sane well worked out idea? or just ramblings of a mad man >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds good, but it would never work out =P.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol solving two birds with one stone :p

Are you saying people who aren't obese wouldn't have to pay the taxes? If so WOO HOO for me sounds good ^.^ i'm the scronniest little ***** you'd ever meet ⌐.⌐
In theory it sounds great. But I think it would cost too much money to impliment into the U.S

:EDIT:

Lol sorry you're not from the U.S So around the world is what i meant :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was hoping for some kind of global effort... but alas, i know it will never happen :'(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All that would happen is fat people would get their skinny friends to buy things for them... It could even prompt a new buisness. Skinny man shopping for all your fat person needs!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well all food purchased would contain minature explosives which would explode if eaten by somebody with the wrong card... shhhhh..... you're ruining my plan to cure world hunger, and get all these depressing adverts on the tv.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It actually sounds like a pretty goodf plan actually, however it could cause a loss of profit when you take a bigger look into it for the food companies, maybe because people won't bother buyying food with such a tax i'd assume (you would probably end up with consumes complaining about it, but at the end of the day it would be a system that actually makes them watch what they eat and probabbly cause a drop in weight related illness).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then gorge away knowing that you're going to revive an entire city from poverty with your efforts towards heart disease =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's my right to be fat. Why not charge people for being ugly or having crooked teeth in the process? Maybe 10 cents a stretch mark?

What a terrible idea.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, here we have the NHS. Fat people are a problem for everyone, because heart disease is the biggest problem there is, waiting lists and hospital beds are clogged up with people who cant be trusted to look after their own health. Im not too clued into the american health service, but you must have some sort of schemes which would benefit from such a thing too. This is a concern about peoples health, fine get fat, and die prematurely, thats some great stuborness you got there :yes: impeccable logic.

I was fat (still am to a degree) nearly all my life, anybody who tells you they're fat and happy im 95% sure is lying, most people say that so 1, you dont feel sorry for them, and 2 they're pretty insecure.

I didnt expect you to like it anyway, knowing how capitalist you are.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I gots myself a political idea, this is totally fictional so i dunno if this is allowed rules wise, but mkay, here's my idea.

Basically, you would have regular checkups with your doctor (some disabilities wud be excused), keeping record of what your personal weight is, each person would be issued a category (like overweight, obese, serverly obese etc) you would be issued a card depending on your weight. This card must be shown when buying food and depending on what catergory (normal weight wud be 0%, obease would be like 10%, i dunno the exact figures) you will be taxed different ammounts. It would also depend on the types of food you buy too, if it is something with a high fat content, like a macdonalds it'll multiply your percentage by 1.5 or something. Anyway, with all the money made from this tax, it would all be sent to starving countries to help out their quality of life.

Thats a very rough outline of it, and it probably wouldnt be possible to enforce for another good decade or so, but I think it'd solve 2 birds with 1 stone, overweight people would have to consider eating healthily, and starving people would reap all the benefits.

Anybody think this is a sane well worked out idea? or just ramblings of a mad man >_<
As far as the U.S. is concerned, this law would never hold up under judicial scrutiny because it violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution.

Not to mention it's a silly idea. As other people have said, obesity is a personal problem.

If there was any way an even remotely similar law could be applied, it would have to be in the form of tax breaks for skinny people, rather than tax penalties for fat people--and even then, I doubt it'd hold up.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh there is a similar law, here anyway, Smoking. There are such huge taxes on smoking here the uk... thats a personal choice as well is it not? bad for your health yes? but also one of the biggest ways of making money tax wise (as more than 50% of the price is just pure tax) in this country it more than makes up for the treatment costs for smokers. If every smoker in this country stopped smoking.... we'd go into economic decline.

I dont find it a silly idea, if you could enforce it correctly, It'd be good for everyone right? i mean people would loose weight, people who start to be able to eat again in other countries right?

Yeah, equal distribution of wealth, what a stupid idea. Those starving bastards should work a little harder eh? find something to sell, while we all get fat because we've got nothing better to do with our money, as well as disreguarding any kind of dietry knowledge so we can eat quick fattening greasy food. Thank you capitalism, you've saved the day yet again. \o/

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
It's my right to be fat. Why not charge people for being ugly or having crooked teeth in the process? Maybe 10 cents a stretch mark?

What a terrible idea.
Something I've noticed with you is that you're more than happy (hell, you complain about peopole who aren't happy to) to spend vast amounts of money if it all goes to yourself (computer for vista and WoW) but if any of the money, even a little, goes towards helping solve starvation then all of a sudden you're complaining about spending money. Guess it shows how much you give a damn about other people. Being ugly or having crooked teeth are not health problems. Being overweight is. This helps people not be overweight. Could probably do with a little work but it doesn't seem too bad overall.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THIS, must be one of the most stupid idea's ive heard.

Some people can't HELP it that they are fat, and I don't want to hear people yell "but fat people eat french fries every day".

Some people can't help it, their metabolism is just very slow, or they got some other problem, and you want them to pay more tax, because they aren't as "healthy" as others who are very slim and "healthy".

The idea might come from a good heart, but it hasn't been thought about at all.

Most people tend to think that fat people allways eat fat food and never go the the gym, while some are actually trying like hell but its so hard to lose fat, because their body just has problems deal with all the callories.
I've seen people eating so much bad ****, and they still remain skinny, while some eat only healthy stuff but they have a hard time losing all that fat.

Smoking, is a different story, you aren't born with a cigarette in your hand.

I dont find it a silly idea, if you could enforce it correctly, It'd be good for everyone right? i mean people would loose weight, people who start to be able to eat again in other countries right?

Yeah, equal distribution of wealth, what a stupid idea. Those starving bastards should work a little harder eh? find something to sell, while we all get fat because we've got nothing better to do with our money, as well as disreguarding any kind of dietry knowledge so we can eat quick fattening greasy food. Thank you capitalism, you've saved the day yet again. \o/
I can think of something else, something much better.

Instead of spending money to the military, to the space industry, give it out to the poor countries, where people are starving, your idea, like I said comes from a good heart, but its also coming from an irrational mind.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Unfortunatly nothing is likely to happen about anything.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I can think of something else, something much better.

Instead of spending money to the military, to the space industry, give it out to the poor countries, where people are starving, your idea, like I said comes from a good heart, but its also coming from an irrational mind.
Who said it was the United States (or even the developed world's) responsibily to clothe and feed the entire world?

Also--who's to say that the space program isn't the only function of the US Government that actually benefits mankind as a whole in a lasting way?

Best answers
Well its pretty much a proven fact, each generation gets fatter, why fast food, alot of the food sold in markets is injected with sugars and other things to give it flavor, hell even fruits now adays have sugar galore.

Honestly i like being fat, why because im big as in tall and fat, and muscular, the only people who mess with me are the ones who are bigger, lol, i am a pacifist tho, so even if something was to start i would just leave it be.

It is a good idea i suppose, however it would never work, another one of those new ideas that would never pass, why because most the people on the congress are fat old men =D.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Who said it was the United States (or even the developed world's) responsibily to clothe and feed the entire world?

Also--who's to say that the space program isn't the only function of the US Government that actually benefits mankind as a whole in a lasting way?

Dave did.

Anyway, with all the money made from this tax, it would all be sent to starving countries to help out their quality of life.
I just gave another idea, perhaps just as bad.

Well, I do know that some inventions which are very handy at the moment are made, by the same technology that are used in space industry.

But all that feull that is spent on going for one trip to the moon? c'mon, its ridiculous. (from my point of view).

Best answers
I have some better ideas to fix poverty in third world countries.. But that would upset some worldleaders + I'm not going to risk getting warned here :)

And to be perfectly honest, I found your idea pretty discriminating.. Most fat people just eat ****loads of crappy and unhealthy food, ok.. They're stupid and deserve to die due to a heart attack (I'm sorry.. Eating untill you weigh over 400kg and then begging on national TV to donate money so you can get a lifesaving operation -> bull****).. But I know quite a few people (I'm one of them) that can never be really skinny.. I actually do have big bones and a buffed posture (I'm not fat, but I do look buffed)..

So people that can't even get skinny because it's impossible for them should pay extra taxes to eat something?

Oh and BTW.. With all do respect for people that actually try etc, but it's impossible to "level up" the third world.. It's a hopeless situation.. They will evolve one day, but it won't be because we sent them money (90% of the money sent to those countries, end up in the pocket of its gouvernment)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom