Fast movement

Best answers
In addition to the teleport that is already in the game, I think there should be another type of teleport or "very fast movement" that would sort of simulate VERY fast speed in the show without it being in slow motion or so fast you can't see it. For example:

In the Revenge of Cooler movie, only Goku is fast enough to see Cooler, and Vegeta can't see either of them when they are moving full speed. Also, I think in the Vegeta and Nappa saga, Yamcha fights Nappa (or one of the green guys I don't remember)and they move so fast that Gohan needs to concentrate to be able to see them.

To simulate this, when someone hits the "fast movement" key, the person who uses it instantly goes invisible to everyone else. This lasts for a very short time (depending on how much ki you have because it will drain rapidly) then you will be rendered back to visible. During the time you are invisible, you can fly/run/etc.. You can't do a normal teleport or use and ki attacks, you can only use melee. The higher your powerlevel the more ki you have, so the longer you can remain "invisible", or in DBZ terms, moving so fast that the enemy can't see you. Did I mention this should take a whole bunch of ki?

To counter this, other people can use the "fast movement" key and in turn if their powerlevel is high enough, they will be able to see the enemy in the fast movement state. Only melee is allowed in this state as I said before, and once someone attacks or is hit with an attack they are instantly visible again.

When someone moves very fast, the scouter blinks at where he "disapears" and it blinks at where he reapears, but in between, the "invisible" person is not tracked by the scouter. I want to stress how much ki this technique should use, in fact, it should have a massive ki cost and should drain ki while in the state as well. To turn it off, you just press the key again or use a melee attack.

In conclusion: Kind of a wierd idea to try to simulate the show, and it would only work if a way to stop it from being used all the time would be implemented otherwise people would be invisible all the time, which is unlike the show. Maybe when someone reaches their final transformation (or in beta 1's case, their only transformation, but I really wouldn't expect this to be added to beta 1, it would take too long) they would unlock this technique as to not have it the whole game. I also think it should take a TON of ki, like I have repeatedly stated before, to prevent this from being spammed. I think it would just be a cool addition to the already cool gameplay and the longest someone should be able to stay "invisible" should be like 5-10 seconds.

Best answers
Great great great great idea, but i think you should still be able to be seen, but only a little wisp of you, so you have to consentrate to see the person, and depending ont he persons power lvl will determain how visible you are, like if you have a pl of like 1 mil and use this speed thing some one with a pl of 10 mil should be able to see you plain as day.

Well thats my though on it:D and yet again kick ass idea

Best answers
I think there should only be a little "wisp" of the person moving fast if your powerlevel is considerably higher than the person who is "invisible". Other than that, but I think you should always be "plain as day" when both are in the "super fast state." Or maybe if your powerlevel is considerably higher, the "invisible" person shows up on your scouter instead of the little wisp.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember their are going too be scouters to find the movement of the character and I am pretty sure it will detect speed and powerlevel.

If you watch the clips that the developers gave us you will notice the game is already fast enough. If it got any faster it would be like the DragonBall Z show speed were they are going at lightspeed and that would just get bloody annoying if you ask me.

Best answers
If you read my post it has nothing to do with moving super fast. It just renders the users invisible making it seem like that are moving fast. Read the post maybe you will understand. And about the scouters I stated that if someone was "moving super fast" then the scouters would not be able to pick up the signature unless the person trying to detect him had a significantly higher powerlevel than the "invisible" person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice idea, i think it would to be to much work to do, and would not add alot of really good gameplay into esf, but good idea all the same:)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
damn useless really.

just make peaple move faster.

dbz is all about speed and hand to hand combat.

esf is about moving slower than a aohell dialup in a popup spam storm while in a picture gallery thread and launching rediculosly useless attacks spamming respawns looking like **** having teh worst melee system in the entire ****ing univirse and getting assraped by hackers.

i would rather shove my **** into a meat grinder than play esf right now.

Scruffie

S
Wait, how would you be able to hit the other person anyway? You would be going way to fast to aim properly.

Best answers
Hes not really moving fast hes just invisible. You can only see them if you hit the "move fast" key, or if your powerlevel is significantly higher than the person "moving fast".

Look at it this way. Hypothetically, there are 2 dimensions. Normal dimension and fast dimension. If someone presses the "move fast" key, they enter the fast dimension. Everyone in the normal dimension are unable to see the player in the fast dimension unless their powerlevel is significantly higher than the player in the fast dimension. ANYONE can see the player in the fast dimension regardless of powerlevel (assuming that they have the "move fast" ability) if they press the "move fast" key and enter the fast dimension themselves. Everyone in the fast dimension can see people in the fast dimensin and in the normal dimension, and everyone in the normal dimension can only see people in the normal dimension unless their powerlevel is significantly higher than those in the fast dimension. They aren't really moving super fast so you would still easily be able to hit people in the fast dimension since the invisibility aspect of it is only simulating very high speeds.

I hope that analogy kind of helped.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
k that wud be like majorly hard to code wudn't it?.. it mite not even be possible

Best answers
Don't doubt the might Harsen for he is master codder of the UNIVERES ok so im very tired and want to be on harsens good side so whats a little praise

it sounds like hard work but back before ESF they woulda said a DBZ mod was close to impossable and they all shuted up at beta 1.8 then from then on ESF ruled all

Best answers
Originally posted by Nameless Specter ]V[
Don't doubt the might Harsen for he is master codder of the UNIVERES ok so im very tired and want to be on harsens good side so whats a little praise

it sounds like hard work but back before ESF they woulda said a DBZ mod was close to impossable and they all shuted up at beta 1.8 then from then on ESF ruled all
Beta 1.8:confused:

Best answers
I don't think it would be hard to code at all. Unless it is hard to code someone pressing a button and being invisible. Then code if somoeone else presses a button and goes invisible they can see the invisible people. Then make it so ki drains as you are invisible (very rapidly) and once you use melee or the ki runs out or you press the button again you are now visible once more. I'm no master coder but it doesn't sound as hard some of you are making it out to be.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
look its nice on paper but innaccurate for gameplay.

in dbz they did this ALOT, almost every time they fought they were flying around as a blur.

and remember the sayin saga? when they were all watching the fight from the sidelines and gohan was watching?

his powerlevel was signifianctly lower at the time but he could see clear as day.

Best answers
The idea of moving super fast is very appealing, and sometihng I've desired since I played ESF. But this just "going invisible" seems a little too spammy to me.

I think it would be better if the player that goes into "fast dimension" DID move faster, as this would lower their accuracy, and it then falls back onto THE PLAYER to compensate for this. After all, there's gameplay, and there's Nintendo64-like gameplay where the computer either lets you win, or just cheats so it wins.

But yeah I agree with evertying else:

People at a higher PL can see the fast moving person
When the person attacks in melee they reappear and
shandow -tpf- should stick his **** into a meat grinder.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
there already is turbo!!!... and teleport.. wat more do u want??

esf team has already done so well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom