Fast Fighting Models

Best answers
dalte can u plz make all models in kreshi's goku pack FFM models and give them the same bones cuz if i use ur FFM models as normal and SSJ none of the other models work....

NeD

Best answers
Yea i'm ok with ppl messing around with new anims and such, but don't edit my models please. Thanks

Best answers
guys its REALLY not that hard, u can do it urself very easily.

DL the model u want to use in place of Dalte's models, download the "fast" model he made. In the Rar file of the "fast" model, add (fast) to the end of the name of the .mdl file so u can discern between his model and the one you want to use. Open up milkshape, Decompile the "fast" model, but only select sequences, and hit ok. Wait till all sequences are decompiled. Then decompile the model u WANT to use in game, but only select Reference, Textures, and QC. When thats done, you have two options. Either compile the QC file of the model you want to have (this file shouldn't have the (fast) header, for example if u want to use kreshi's goku, it will be called goku.qc and ssjgoku.qc) which would successfully create the models you want, or edit the qc files and tweak around with the fps of the animations you want to look faster. I did it without tweaking the fps and the new animations are working correctly with my models, but I haven't figured out how exactly to increase the speed of the animations. I can change the fps of all of them but only some of them will actually change correctly, others actually get slower. (shrug)

but yeah, if u want ur model with the new anims he has, just follow my steps. I'll reitirate.

1. Download the "fast" .rar of the character u want to get faster and rename his .mdl with (fast) after the name of the char.
2. Extract it to the same folder as the model you want to give the new animations to.
3. Go into milkshape, Decompile the (fast) model and select ONLY sequences.
4. Again in milkshape, Decompile the model you want to have and select everything BUT sequences (This is reference, textures, and QC)
5. Then, go to compile QC file in Milkshape and select what should be the only QC file there.
6. The animations should successfully assign to the character model you wish to use in game. However the speed of the animations will not be any faster. In order to do that, Dalte has suggested tweaking the fps in the QC file (by clicking edit QC. file in Milkshape) to produce the desired results...but I haven't figured it out yet.

At least this way u have the harder part layed out for you, good luck.

EDIT: Oops...just realized...I was editting another model with the qc all along when I was messing with fps today...it actually DOES make the model animations ALOT faster. Ok then, if u want to make ur model anims faster, just up the fps in the QC file by your desired amount and there u have it.

Best answers
OMG thank you so much a intelligent person took his time to type all of that thank you and its so neat.

*ESF FORUM GIVES STANDING OVATION*

Best answers
Dalte, one more crit..

The sound of fast fighting can be heard all over the map when done.
So when 2 people are fighting (you not being one of them) you can hear it on the other side of the map, not only when you are near..
This gets kinda annoying..

I'm saying this because you mentioned redoing the sounds- perhaps with original esf melee sounds..when and if you do, could you look into this problem?

Soooo..? any more progress? *CoughBuucough* ;)

Anywayz, can't say it enough, great job! 1.2 melee is much more exciting now, and a lot less boring to look at.. :laff:

*Edit*

Ref_stance: fps 30
Ref_stun: 90
Ref_autopunch_block: pfs 70

To increase run speed, edit "turbo run" (or something like that, it's at the top of the list somewhere) to 90..

To get the sounds working, you might have to add a line after ref_stance:

{ event 5004 3 "fight\P1.wav" } { event 5004 10 "fight\P2.wav" } { event 5004 16 "fight\P1.wav" } { event 5004 23 "fight\P2.wav" }

Best answers
Wouldn't increasing the FPS of the animations affect others on a server?

Best answers
Shao said:
Wouldn't increasing the FPS of the animations affect others on a server?
Don't know much about coding and stuff, but i don't think it would.
You only replace an animation, a file that basically shows you something...
The amount of damage, the speed at wich the damage is given, etc etc doesn't change with this fast fighting feature..
Think it's kinda the same thing as with models.. :idea:

Best answers
Yeah, Sentient is right. The models you have aren't seen by others. The animations you have aren't seen by others. Some people have custom animations on their models, others don't see it.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89 said:
Darktooth please add wallrunning, PLEASE!!!!!
You know, I was thinking about it and how cool it would look. But thats all it is.. looks :\ The problem with wall running is that is serves no real purpose. Cause running on the wall would be pretty much the same as swooping right next to it you know? Not to mention Id have to make more animations because of it.

Anyway, good luck with your anis dude.

Best answers
Can you make a better Kamehameha start animation? I just don't like the whole standing thing.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
off hand, I cant remember what the kameha ani looks like. But Ill try to work on something. Hopefully you'll like the new one :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dam nation , i can't see the clip because it's expired for transfer limit or something

Best answers
dude i just put all of your models and i got something to say
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
man kipp up the good work it's so cool :) loved it .

Best answers
It's not that I don't like it... flying while charging Kamehameha is perfect and so is walking/running. It's just the standing still one should look more like Goku's alternate mini Spirit Bomb... at least to me >_>

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
off hand, I cant remember what the kameha ani looks like. But Ill try to work on something. Hopefully you'll like the new one :)
YAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAYYAAAYAAAAy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thanks D@rkgoku. Also if anyone has these video files can someone try uploading someone for a temporary host...PLEEEAASSSSEEE o_o

Best answers
Dalte can u plz make all the models in kreshi's goku pack FFM models and give them the same bones? plz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom