FarCry 2 - Introduction Trailer

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno about anyone else, but that, looks ucking fawesome...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graphics look good, but movement and weapons in general just seem almost horrid.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics look nice. But the gameplay sounds incredibly boring and generic. "You have to kill the Jackal. Do some missions, which you are allowed to do in any way you want. That means, either kill a lot of people with blazing guns or go stealthy. In the end, you will kill the Jackal. The End" Sounds incredibly new and innovative to me. For 5 years ago.

Then about that so called Tree Regeneration demo. What's so new and special about that? It's basically a twig model 'regrowing' (read: upscaling from small to large) on top of a tree model. You know, that regrowing thing was also possible by using the water miracle in Black and White. A game from, IIRC, 2001.

Not impressed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics look nice. But the gameplay sounds incredibly boring and generic. "You have to kill the Jackal. Do some missions, which you are allowed to do in any way you want. That means, either kill a lot of people with blazing guns or go stealthy. In the end, you will kill the Jackal. The End" Sounds incredibly new and innovative to me. For 5 years ago.

Then about that so called Tree Regeneration demo. What's so new and special about that? It's basically a twig model 'regrowing' (read: upscaling from small to large) on top of a tree model. You know, that regrowing thing was also possible by using the water miracle in Black and White. A game from, IIRC, 2001.

Not impressed.

Just watched taht tree regen vid, it's downright rediculous. I mean a pistol blowing off branches and they fly away?
Would have been better if the branch broke and fell down, not fly like hit by a motorboat.

And the whole concept of the game really new. I mean you have a final goal (jackal) and Missions before that.
Solving the missions is up to you, something which has been done on shooters for ages.
I mean you could always just run around and kill everyone, or pick them off one by one silently.

Not impressed, yet another game that just wants to slap it's graphics/physics penis into your face.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda liked the tech demo for 'Alone in the dark' although graphic-wise it didn't look too impressive but at least they were going someplace new with their fire demonstration.

Trees regrowing, why even bother.. ? You'll never see that in real time anyways.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda liked the tech demo for 'Alone in the dark' although graphic-wise it didn't look too impressive but at least they were going someplace new with their fire demonstration.

Trees regrowing, why even bother.. ? You'll never see that in real time anyways.
I will bet you 3 cookies that there will be some 40 year old fat guy that still lives with his parents, is a virgin and plays games 24/7 will post a movie on YouTube about how he shot of the branches from a tree, and watched them regrow. He'd then be all like "HOLY ****, WTFBBQ!" And do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom