[Fanfiction]Berserk: The misery.[May contain unstuitable content]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Don't worry ^^ I'm just having very little time to write lately. School is a *****, but my gf is not ;D
/nods/

I knwo how you feel :s i hardly have time eather :S

Best answers
I noticed a few grammatical errors, but beyond that, great story so far ^^ can't wait for the next chaper. :laff: :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Expect a new chapter soon. I longer have a gf =x

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to hear about your GF.

But kinda happy to hear the storey will go on ^^

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My apolagies for the delay. The long awaited chapter 19 is here. Enjoy.

Chapter 19.

Silt and sand.

“Good morning..” Jadira had awoken. She moved a bit closer to Dareth. He turned his head to the side. “Good? After yesterday I seriously have to consider wether this might become a good morning or not.” “Oh really. Would this make a good morning for you?” She kissed him. “Well, I suppose this is not such a bad morning…” “What!?” He chuckled and teased her a bit. “Do you know what really would make this morning good?” “Do I want to know….?” She did not have to find out what it was. Dareth started tickling her all over and her laughter was all over the place. “Stop it! Hahaha. Stop it..”

“Man..Those two really are at it…” Karima had awoken from the noise in the room next to her. She yawned a few times. “My feet, they’re hot!?” She sat up and saw Ungar was laying on the foot end of her bed. “Get off you silly wolf!” Ungar looked up and did the exact opposite, he approached her face. “No, not again!” She laid back down covered her face with the pillow. Ungar jumped off the bed, opened the door and left the room. “Finally… Well I’d better get dressed. I’m so hungry..” She threw the blanket off and stood up. Naked, she quickly ran to the door and closed it. Karima quickly combed her hair and got dressed. She cleaned the room up a bit, closed the door behind her and headed to the cantina.

“Are you two coming aswell?” Karima knocked on Dareth and Jadira’s room door. “In a moment, someone here is being a tease.” Karima chuckled and did not have to guess who was being the tease. “Okay, I’ll see you in the cantina then.” She checked on Rowe’s room but he was already gone. “No one here? Guess he’s already enjoying breakfast then.” When she entered the cantina she saw Rowe sitting at a table eating some bread with a mug of water. “Good morning Rowe.” “A good morning indeed.” “Where’s Ungar?” “Outside, probably chasing something half his own size as usual….” Karima chuckled. “That wolf sure is an exception amongst his kind.” “Tell me about it…” Gerard approached Karima. “Good morning. Breakfast?” Karima nodded. “You bet, I’m hungry!” He walked to the kitchen and soon returned with a plate with a lot of bread and butter. “There you go. If you need anything else, you know where to find me.” “I will. Thanks Gerard!”

Soon Dareth and Jadira joined them aswell. Karima looked up. “So, how was your revenge?” Jadira laughed. “Oh, that was easy.” “What did you do.?” “I said would deny him any pleasure involving me if he did not stop right away.” Rowe chuckled and Karima laughed out loud. Dareth looked the other way and pretended he did not hear any of it. “Men are so easily tricked.” Said Jadira while she chuckling. “Hmph, I’ll get my breakfast somewhere else..” Dareth walked to the door. “Hey, come on Dareth, I was just kidding…” “I don’t care…” He left the inn. “He’ll be back..” Said Karima. “Yeah, I wouldn’t know of any other place besides the inn where he could get a meal.” Gerard brought breakfast to Jadira. “Breakfast is served.” “Thank you, Gerard.”

“Hey! Old man! Open up!” Dareth knocked the door of Bercheros’ house. The door opened and Bercheros stood in the doorway. “What is it boy?” “I need breakfast.” “You can get yourself a meal in the inn…Now go away.” He closed the door but Dareth quickly stopped it with his foot. “Okay.. how about, can you please give me something to eat?” “I’m listening.” “Jadira is being a bother and I’d rather not sit at the same table right now.” Bercheros chuckled. “The man can slay demons, but can’t handle his woman.. Don’t be sad about it though, it happens to everyone of us…come in...”

Algaran was already done eating breakfast, and was ‘hanging’ in his chair. “Good morning.” “Not at all…” “Hm?, What’s wro..” “Don’t ask.” Dareth sat down and started eating from the bread on the table.

“So it flew East Algaran?” Said Bercheros. “Yes, that’s probably where we’re headed next.” Dareth stopped eating. “What do you mean, it flew East, for all we know Azra was just trying to escape no matter where to.” Algaran nodded. “Very true, very true. However, the odd I felt when Azra flew East leaves no doubt. There are more like Azra. In fact, I believe Azra was just a scout, the real enemy we will soon or later face is far more powerfull then Azra.” “What the ****! More powerfull?” “Yes, also, the place where we are going now, is called Midland.” “Midland? I’ve heard stories about that place. There used to be a legendary fighter who saved the kingdom from Chuder, and afterwards sent it to it’s downfall.” “Aye, the hawk of darkness. Midland was plagued by demons and in the end saved by the man who used to be the hawks’ best friend. It is said he even stopped the Godhand.” “Stop..the…Godhand!? Is that possible?” “Stop them? Yes. Kill them? No. Anyway, when you’re done eating, pass the news to the others. We will leave in tree days.” “You do it. I’m not in the mood right now.” Algaran sighed. “Fine..”

Soon Algaran left for the inn and told everyone the news. When Algaran was done telling them, they all went to Bercheros’ place. “Hey beard, what’s up!” “It’s Bercheros for you….” Karima came in and as usual said something to upset Bercheros. “Oh, I see you are here too. I already wondered where you might have gone to.” Karima sat down next to Dareth and leaned against the wall with the chair she sat on. “Keep that thing on all four legs will you.” Jadira came in and Dareth looked the other way. “Oh my God, I was just kidding!” Dareth did not react. “Fine, then be stubborn, you overgrown child..” Rowe leaned against the casing of the door. “Midland huh?” Algaran nodded. “Aye.” Karima suddenly stood up. “You know, I really need a new outfit. This one is nice and warm but not very comfortable. No offence Rowe.” “Heh, none taken.” Bercheros said: ”It’s already been taken care of. I’ve sent a message to the Woodsworth tanner to create new leather gear for you.” “Really? When is it done?” “She promised me, it would be delivered within three days.” “Great, so what do we do in the meanwhile?” No one was able to answer that question. “How about a picnic?” Dareth chuckled. “A three day picnic in the winter? No thank you….” “Oh right.. Forgot about that.” “I guess we play the waiting game then.”

So the next few days everyone was sitting around doing practically nothing. Karima took the horses out for a ride each day, she galloped through the silent woods, taking off in the afternoon, to return at sunset. Dareth was practicing with his double blade. He made up with Jadira after they had left Bercheros’ place. Jadira spent her time watching Dareth wielding the blade. She was dressed in a lovely long warm winter dress and sat on the veranda of the inn. When Dareth was done training he sat down next to her, keeping her warm. In these days they really got to know eachother. Long after the sun had set, the couple was still talking. Dareth told the entire story of him and his family. Jadira talked about the years when her parents still lived, and what happened when she was still with the knights of the holy chain. Sometimes Kyros awoke and talked with Dareth. Mostly it was about the times when Kyros still freely roamed the air. She explained it was her nature and it had nothing to do with being evil or not. All dragons have the nature to wipe out everything that might endanger their existence.

“But why did the rest of your kind disappear. For as long as I live, I’ve never seen a dragon nor heard of someone who has seen one, until I met the perverted guy.” “The wizard I assume?” He nodded. “Strange names, the wizard has….. However, you wish to know why my kind has vanished. Because I was trapped in this blade I do not know the entire story. What I do know is, that there have been six eclipses. Each of these eclipses released terrible mind polluting power. Demonical power. Dragons exist of magic. Magic is the essence of life. These eclipses corrupted all the magic, including the dragons. One by one they all fell before the power of the Godhand. The dragons realized this world would come to an end if all of them would succumb. So they escaped. Where to, I don’t know. They are still on this world, but no longer within reach. My guess is they have entered the crystal hibernation” “Crystal hibernation? What’s that?” Asked Jadira. “The crystal hibernation can be compared with a gargoyle turning to stone at sunrise. They heal in their stoneform, however it has it’s weakness. A gargoyle in it’s stoneform is very vulnerable to physical attacks as it can not defend. The crystal hibernation is the same principle. If the dragons are discovered, chances are, they no longer exist. However, if that was the case, life as we know it would depend on me alone.”

Dareth was kind of startled. “Well, er… I guess I’ll have to take good care of you then. It seems a sword that holds the life as we know it….Great…I hate this kind of responsibility.” “Fear not, I sense some of us have survived. However I also they are about to wake once more. Something very big is about to happen. I’ve felt it for the past few decades. A heavy black odd surrounds the lands of the mortals. The Godhand.” “Just what are those maniacs planning to do?” “They wish to shape this world as their own. But they do not realize, without the life that lives on this world, they will cease to exist.” “You mean, if they succeed, they will also fail?” “In some way, yes. Evil or the Godhand can not exist without men. Because of men, the Godhand was created. Unconsciously men wished for misery, pain, sadness, sorrow and so on. Thus the Godhand was created. Six eclipses have occurred. After the last eclipse, the Godhand was pushed back into their own world without a chance to escape by their own hands.” Dareth tightened his grip around the sword’s hilt. “And that’s where I came in…” “True, but they might have chosen someone else as well. It was fate that you were chosen. Perhaps it’s fate that you stop them as well. We’ll see.”

After three days Karima’s armour arrived. It was a replica of her old armour. Studded leather dyed in black with a dark hood, perfect for a stealth user. “Great, it feels just like the old one. I like it.” She smiled. Everyone looked at it and gave their much wanted opinion as Karima asked them how it looked on her. “Looks great on you.” Said Jadira. Dareth nodded. “I second that.” The others agreed as well. Algaran spoke. “Looks like everything is settled then. Let’s leave as soon as we can. The armour arrived in early in the afternoon. Everyone had been packing and preparing the entire morning. The horses were packed and ready to go. Most of the group ate a bit before departing.

Everyone was mounted on a horse. Dareth on Blackmane. Karima on Star. Jadira on Stripe and Algaran on the fourth horse, named Hoof. Algaran did not want any fancy cute names so he decided to name it himself. Karima told Algaran she pitied the stallion for having such a lousy name. However Hoof planted it’s hoof in Algaran’s behind when he was facing the stallion with his back. Apparently, Hoof did not enjoy his name either. But after the kick in the rear, Karima thought that it wasn’t such a bad name after all.

“Well, I guess we’re ready then.” Karima looked around. “What about Rowe and Ungar?” “We won’t be going.” They came from the woods. “What? Aren’t you coming with us?” Asked Karima. “No, I feel we should not interfere with business that is not ours. So we’re staying and eventually going back.” Karima was getting upset. “But I….I mean..You saved me, at least give me a chance to pay back the favour, I beg you to come along.” Rowe shook his head. “I’m sorry, but we can not go.” Ungar laid down and howled softly. “Will I ever see you again?” “I’ll make we will cross words when you return, it’s a promise.” Karima shed a tear and smiled. “I will remember it. Thank you for everything.” Dareth spoke. “Agreed. If it wasn’t for you, we would’ve never seen her again. You have my gratitude, friend. Be well.” Rowe nodded. “Same to all of you..friends.” Ungar barked one time as if he agreed with the words Rowe just spoke. Algaran turned to Bercheros. “Are you sure you won’t come too?” Bercheros nodded. “Yep, my bones are to old unlike your unaging ones.” Algaran chuckled. “Perhaps your right old friend. Then I wish you well.” “Aye, to all of you, I wish you a good journey and a safe return.” Everyone said farewell and soon they rode off to the East.

It took them many weeks. During these weeks they moved through the snow effortlessly, as they advanced into the Eastern lands the climate changed. Not only was the land itself warmer. Winter was almost over and spring was on the doorstep, ready to bloom and blossom. In the fourth week they reached the coasts of a region called Evertides. “Look at that! It’s the ocean!” Dareth and Karima had never witnessed the ocean before. Karima was overenjoyed. She jumped of Star and approached the water. She bent through her knees and poured some water in her hands and drank from it. “Yegh! It’s salty!...” Jadira laughed. “My bad, I should have warned you…Haha” Dareth wasn’t smiling at all. “This ocean is giving me the creeps. It’s as if the world ends where the horizon is.” Algaran nodded. “You’re not completely wrong. Where we are headed, a scenario like that is very likely to happen…”

They spent a night on the beach with a nice bonfire. Karima had catched some crabs in the afternoon with the help of Jadira. They made a very tasty meal. Algaran told them they would head a little to the North tomorrow. If they were to cross the ocean they would need a boat. From what Algaran knew of the region, there seemed to be a small town up North with a few docks. With the right amount of coin they’d be able to get a boat from there.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Amazing!!!

Im only at chapter seven, but I cant even get myself to go to the bathroom.
Dont stop now, when I get to ch19 I'm going to want more.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another masterpiece :p

You can make big money selling this ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Great story :p . Ive finished up to ch 19 now.
I cant wait for ch 20, but like Grega said. All good things are worth waiting for/all good things come to those who wait.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bam! New chapter.

Chapter 20.

From below.

“A..A..Atsju! Healthy air, my ass…. This place is making me catch a cold.” “You should have taken that armour off, Dareth. We’re practically safe here anyway.” Said Jadira. “And then? Get even colder?” “No, you could have moved a little closer to me without the danger of giving me bruises with that armour.” Karima was laughing while preparing breakfast. “If you want more of me, just say so…” Said Dareth with a blink. “Haha, so what if I do hm?” Jadira moved closer to Dareth and brought her face near his’ and just as easy stood up and walked off. “Bah, you tease…. Where are you going anyway?” “The ladies room!”

After Jadira returned they started breakfast. There were some leftovers from the crab. They ate it with some bread and drank from the waterpouches they had been refilling the past few weeks. When they were done, Dareth dug a hole and threw the remains in it. “You said there was a small town to the north right?” Algaran nodded. “Aye, a small fishing town. It’s been 113 years exactly since I last visited it.” Karima’s jaw dropped. “What?! 113 years! It might just as well be gone by now….” “Quiet. I wouldn’t be a mage if I was unprepared. I’ve sent a….scout ahead. The town is still there.” “Look! Over there!” Jadira was pointing to the North. Smoke was rising in far distance. “Fire! The town! Hurry!” Everyone quickly mounted their horse and went to the area where the smoke came from. After a long sprint they saw the scenario and realized what happened. The town was razed.

Dareth pushed a wooden beam aside and walked through the debris. “What the **** happened here? And where is the thing responsible for this mess?” The others followed Dareth. Algaran recognized an inn. “They really served the finest ale here. What a shame…” “I’m afraid there’s more to it then just the ale, Algaran.” Said Jadira. He nodded. “I know, but I just had one of those flashbacks. This used to be such a lovely place. So many friendly people, always busy earning their life. When I spent the nights in the inn here, I would wake up just before sunrise, to see the seagulls fly in the rising light of the sun, following the fishermen who sailed to the horizon. I actually planned to stay a few days here.” “Sounds like this was a very nice place… However, our first priority is finding survivors and a boat.” They sought the place for hours, but there was no luck in finding survivors. Everyone was dead. Burned, stabbed, severed, crushed. “Why are there scales all over the place?” Asked Karima “Scales?” Said Jadira “Fish scales. Just look, they’re everywhere.” “Well this a fishing town.” “These are not normal fish.” Karima picked up one of the scales. “Look, it’s too thick for a fish.” The scale was about an inch thick. “So, what could it be then?” Asked Dareth. “I’m afraid we’ll find out soon enough. Whatever attacked this place, we will encounter it sooner or later. Let’s try to find a boat now.”

“What about this one, it needs a new sail though.” Karima was standing on the deck on a from what it looked like intact ship. The sails were ruined but everything else still looked pretty good. Jadira nodded. “This one will do, let’s find a sail.” “No need. Check down below. Most fishing ships always have spare ones.” Algaran was right, there was a spare sail below deck. They followed Algaran’s instructions and applied the sail to the mast. The sail was plain white. The ship was not a fishing ship. It looked a lot more like a wealthy tradesman’s ship. It had a lot of fancy woodcarvings on it and the wood was in a very good condition. The sleeping cabins were very comfortable. A fishing ship would have hammocks but this ship had actual beds. Jadira checked out one of the rooms, she laid down on the bed and found it very much to her liking. “Mmmm, not even the inn in Alnon had such nice beds. I could sleep forever in this.” For a brief moment she closed her eyes and already imagined how it feel like to sleep in it. Dareth stood in the door opening and couldn’t help but to smile. “Don’t get to comfortable yet, there’s probably still a lot to do.” Jadira opened her eyes and smiled back. “Perhaps. Though I really wouldn’t mind getting comfortable here with you, right now.” “I see we share the same feelings about that bed.” They both laughed. Algaran overheard the conversation. “Hey you two, get up here and make yourself useful instead of heating that room up!” “Watch your words, pervert!” Jadira yelled. Algaran wisely didn’t say anything else. Dareth and Jadira came back right away though. After they checked on everything, Algaran approved they were ready to leave.

“What about the horses?” Said Karima. “Now that you mention it, I was hoping we could leave them here in the town, as I used to do when I cam here, but in it’s current condition that will not be an option. Taking the horses with us is impossible, there just isn’t enough room. Sending them back is our only choice.” Karima realized that would be for the best. “I suppose they can make it back. It’s Spring now, so there should be plenty of food for them.” Algaran nodded. “Aye, they should be alright.” After a short farewell everyone boarded the ship.

“Hold it right there!” They were about to depart from the dock when a voice came from behind them. Karima turned around. “Rowe! Ungar!” “Don’t you dare to leave without us!” Dareth took a rope and jumped of the ship on the dock. He quickly attached the rope. “I see you’ve changed your mind. How come?” “To be honest. I would regret it if all of you were to die in a place while I might have prevented it.” “If that’s the case, then we’ll have you gladly, my friend.” Dareth shook Rowe’s hand and quickly stroked Ungar’s head. They climbed aboard and departed from the dock soon thereafter. Karima was wrestling with Ungar all over the deck. Once again Ungar tried to lick her face all over and she resisted with everything she could. Karima was laughing and Ungar barked playfully. The sight of it was rather amusing. After a while both Karima and Ungar were exhausted and took a break. Algaran was steering. Dareth, Jadira and Rowe were controlling the sails. The direction of the wind was pretty constant and barely changed. The razed town and it’s coasts faded from their sight.

“I don’t feel so good.” “Me neither….” Dareth and Karima were both hanging with their heads over the ship’s edge. “If I did not know any better, I’d say those two really are brother and sister, they both get seasick…..” Rowe laughed. “Woman, why don’t you help us instead of standing there and make a mockery out of us!” “Help with what? Throwing up? I can do that. Try to imagine eating a slice of bread with fungus on it after someone vomited all over the thing.” That did it for both of them. After vomiting their meals into the ocean both of they felt a little better.

“I think I saw some bits of crab coming out….” Said Karima. “Stop that, or I will have to throw up again!” “No more crab for us..” Both Dareth and Karima ate some bread and drank some water to wash away the awful taste, and fill their emptied stomachs. After they were done they went back to their duties on the ship. “So how long do you expect this will take.” Rowe was having a conversation with Algaran. “I’m not really sure, but the ocean between Evertides and Midland is not really wide. It used to take me about twelve days. But this ship is a lot faster then the one I used back then. If the wind is constant, I’d say about eight days or so.” “Eight days, not bad. By the way. Is there anything we should know about? I’ve heard strange rumours about these waters.” “Specifically?” “Disappearances of entire ships.” “I see, so the stories have reached far. Yes, even though I never believed it myself, they say a giant sea creature lives in these waters that can swallow an entire ship like this one.” “You don’t believe it?” “Well as a mage I’m open to that sort of thing, but in my opinion it might very well be pirates or old wives tale.” “Each rumour holds a part of truth.” “Though the bigger part of the rumour is a lie.” Rowe chuckled. “Very true. Still I’d like you to use your insight just in case. There might the a chance..” “You’re right. I’ll keep an eye out for anything suspicious, but I wouldn’t count on anything suspicious to happen.”

For about four days they had sailed. On the fifth day the wind slowed down drastically. The sun appeared at the horizon. “This isn’t getting us anywhere…” Karima was sitting on the stair to the place where Algaran was handling the steer. “Hey pervert, why don’t use your powers and create some wind!” “You better watch your words, you never know how true they might be.” “What! You’ve been spying on me!?” “Ofcourse not, silly girl, you attempted to upset me, so I returned the favor…” “Hmpf.” Karima turned her head away. Dareth went to Algaran. “Oi. Can you?” Algaran shook his head. “No, unfortunately I’m not schooled in the element of wind.” “Guess we’ll have to wait then.” Dareth went back his cabin to wake Jadira. He opened the door. “Hey, wake up.” She turned on her side with her back to Dareth. “Go away.. I’m still sleeping…” “That’s why I’m waking you up…. Though there’s really no reason to. The wind stopped all of the sudden. We’re not exactly making progress anymore.” She turned around and grinned at Dareth. “We’ll, you might as well join me then.” Dareth chuckled. “I won’t say no to that.”

“Ungar? What’s wrong boy?” Ungar was laying in a corner with his tail between his legs. He howled. “That wolf has good senses. He feels something is coming, just as I do right now.” “Something’s coming?” “Yes…, Karima!” “What is it?” “Go get Dareth and Jadira right away!” “Alright.” Karima went through the door down a short stair. She opened the door and saw something she was not supposed to see. Her face turned all red. “Karima!” Said Dareth and Jadira. They quickly covered themselves with the blanket. Karima turned her head the other way. “I won’t ask what you two were just doing, but you’ll have to come to the deck right now. Something’s wrong.” “What’s wrong then?” “I don’t know, but Algaran asked me to tell you, that should come up right away” “Alright, we’ll be right there.” Karima still blushed as she left the room. Dareth and Jadira got dressed and all geared up and went up the stairs.

“What is it!?” Said Dareth. “I don’t know, but it seems the rumors about this part of the ocean were true after all. Something’s coming. Something very big.” Suddenly the waves became higher, but there was no wind. “Brace yourselves!” Everyone held on to something. Suddenly a large shadow appeared on the surface of the water. An enormous tail came from the water and wrapped around the ship. It nearly hit Rowe. “What the hell is that!?” Said Jadira. Dareth leaped at it. “I don’t know, but I’m not waiting to find out, we have to kill it before it rips the ship apart!” While jumping he held his sword up and readied himself to slash it. With great strength he hit the large scaly tail, but nothing happened. “What the **** is this!? It stopped my blade?” Before everyone realized what happened a large monstrous head emerged from the water. “A sea dragon!” The head raised itself many times the ship’s height above the group. “How do we defeat that!?” said Dareth. “No one can… All we can do is hope it swallow us whole.” They did not have to wait to find out. The head came down with it’s mouth wide open, and swallowed the entire ship.

“Everyone alright!?” It was complete chaos. Everyone held on to something to prevent themselves from falling off the ship. Finally the ship stopped moving. Everyone got back on their feet. From the looks of it everyone was still on the ship. “It looks like we’re going down, otherwise we would have been digested by now.” Said Algaran. It was dark, and the stench of digestion was very present. “Got any plans, mage?” Said Jadira. “Apart from cutting our way out, no… I don’t know how tough the inside is, but Dareth’s sword could not even scratch it’s tail.” Dareth held his sword up. “Guess we’ll just have to find out.” There were no hard scales on the inside and Dareth sliced through the flesh quite easily. However the creature did not appreciate this and it shook his entire body. Everyone had to hold on tight again. “Should I try again?” Algaran shook his head. “Please no.. Rowe, try that bow of yours.” Rowe nodded and he pulled the bowstring. A bright glowing arrow appeared. He released the string and the arrow pierced the flesh with great impact. He did not hesitate and fired three more. “You did it!” Allthough they made a hole in the creature’s flank. Water was pouring in very rapidly and the dragon was in complete agony. Algaran spoke. “When the water is high enough we will have to make an attempt to swim out.”

The dragon was lifeless and slowly sank down. The water had reached its lungs and filled them with cold sea water causing the dragon to die. “This is not good. We’re sinking. Let me think…. Alright, the moment we swim out, we have to look around for air sockets. When we’ve done that we’ll figure out the next step. The water slowed down with pouring in. “On the count of three we make a break for it.” Everyone nodded. “What about Ungar, Rowe?” Said Karima. “He’ll be fine.” “Alright, one, two…three.” Everyone swam down to the hole, the water near was red from all the blood and water was very turbid. Algaran created a guiding light on his staff so everyone could follow him. They all swam through the hole and first thing they noticed was the waterpressure. It was unbearable. Dareth quickly swam to Karima and pulled her with him as she was unable to swim. She felt like her head was about to be squeezed by two boulders. With his insight ability Algaran located an airhole and he swam directly to it with the others following him. Algaran reached the hole, his head came out of the water and inhaled the fresh air. Soon the other arrived as well. The pressure was gone. Algaran held his staff up and then they saw it was not just an airsocket. It was a cave, they swam to the rocky bank pulled themselves out of the water.

“This odd, what is it..?” Algaran was sensing the area and felt strange presences all around them, near and distant. Suddenly Kyros spoke. The runes were glowing brightly red on the surface of the dark blade. “Be very cautious. You have entered a world long forgotten and one that was assumed to be impossible to reach for a long time.” “What is this place?” Asked Algaran. “This is Glyphoth. A world that exists underneath the surface of the Earth. It stretches all across this entire planet. There used to be another entrance, but it was sealed long ago, by the most powerfull witch that ever existed.” “Silke!” “You know of her, mage?” “Ofcourse, she is the leader of my order!. Why was it sealed?” “Long ago after the last eclipse, she travelled with the one who saved the world from the hawk of darkness. When they left Glyphoth they sealed to make sure nothing would every escape from it again. However even though nothing has escaped ever since, something else has moved in. The warriors from the depths, the naga. They will not take kindly to your presence here, be on your guard.” The runes stopped glowing and the sword was back to normal again.

“Naga? What are they?” Asked Dareth. “I’m not sure, but she called them warriors of the depths. Maybe the scales in the town we saw before have something to do with it.” Said Algaran. Karima chuckled. “You mean like, fishpeople ?” Everyone could not help but to laugh. Algaran recomposed himself. “Although it might sound funny, you’re probably not very far from the truth. And if we were to face them, I don’t think we will be laughing at all.” Dareth nodded. “He’s right. If Kyros tells us we should cautious then we should not take this lightly. From what I know she knows a lot about all kinds of lore. If she tells us to be cautious, then we better e cautious. Besides, there are other things here next to those naga. Look around.” Everyone was looking around and the cave seemed to be infested with all kinds of strange creatures and life forms. All the eyes were focussed on the group. Sometimes something sneaked past by them very quickly. “This place is giving me the creeps.” Said Karima. “Then I propose we should get going.” Everyone agreed. Algaran took the lead with a bright light on top of his staff. The creatures were not used to it and they ran off when they light reached their eyes. “Stay close, they can’t stand the light.”

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Another great chapter. :p

I sometomes got confused and didnt know who was saying what, but that might just be me (I just wrote an english exam, so Im pretty beat).

Im glad Rowe came along though, and I also like the Naga idea.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im adicted :s

Cold Steel this thing OWNS :p

EDIT: Sorry i missed the C and pressed S :s /me shames/

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please change that into Cold Steel. =x

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I dont want to rush you or anything... but i NEED more. :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phew.. I'm kind of ready to write more chapters again. Lately, I have been totally sucked into school, as it was my final year. Al there's left is a trainee period, which is what I'll be doing for the coming eight weeks. If any of you is still interested in more of this story, just post and I'll start writing again ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah please do. I have been waiting for this one for a while now and I thought that it had died out.

Best answers
please do. It's been an interesting and addicting read, so far, i'd love to see how the story keeps progressing. Never said anything for a while about it because i was always afraid of reviving a dead thread, then getting yelled at :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a few more people might get me to posting the next chapter =P

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Please do post it. Its an awesome fic and I just think that pretty much everyone has forgoten about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom