[Fanfiction]Berserk: The misery.[May contain unstuitable content]

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 14.

*The cathedral of flesh.*

"What's this? A cathedral in the midst of destruction, flame, and massacre and unscathed? Of all the buildings here, the demons left something unharmed which they supposedly would hate the most." Algaran was thinking up loud, although the others agreed with it. How could a being like a demon, the soul nemesis of God and heaven, leave a sanctuary of Christendom unharmed? Dareth was the first to speak after a brief moment of silence. "Maybe it's because something's in there, something like the master. those demons mentioned earlier." Jadira nodded. "But still, normally such beings would burn the place down or take it down with their own hands. I wonder what could be in there." "There's only one way to find out!" Dareth rested his sword on his shoulder and walked towards the massive doors.

"It's pretty heavy, can you give me a hand?" Dareth was pushing against the door with his shoulder, but it did not move. The others helped him, but it didn't to anything at all. "I think something is blocking it from the other side. Probably a wooden beam or something like that." Dareth pulled his sword backwards over his head, and striked at the door. "****! it's reinforced with some kind of thick metal, I can't get through!" Karima stepped forward. "I think I can help with that." She crossed the daggers. The well known glows appeared once more. She thrusted the ice dagger into the door, and it completely froze. "Now hit it again, it will break like glass." Algaran nodded. "Good thinking girl, the way you improvise is starting to impress me." She proudly smiled. "Alright, stop boasting her ego already, we better prepare for what might be in here. Here we go!" Dareth swung his blade again, and the door shattered into countless small pieces.

What they saw next, was everything beyond their imagination and expectations. The walls were covered with flesh, limbs and bones were sticking out. Heads were moaning for help, they screamed and cried. The scariest thing was, it was if the flesh walls formed something alive. The walls were alive, imprisoning the victims of the demon raid. The stench here was nothing compared to the one outside. The stench and the very look of this place was so overwhelming Karima vomited along with Jadira and Algaran. Dareth was the only one able to stand his ground. "So this is why it was unscathed, only to defile it. Who in the nine hells would do such a thing!?" *Welcome mortals, I welcome you in my beautiful sanctuary of flesh! I am it's artist, I crafted walls from those pitiful human beings to make them a part of bigger whole. Don't you think it's beautiful, mortal? Don't you like the flesh, the bones, the eyes, the voices, the cries and the moans?"

"Where the **** are you, and what the **** are you!" Dareth was looking around him. Suddenly something emerged from the wall in front of him. Heaps of flesh were forming a shape. It was a horrible being. Crafted from others' flesh and bones. It had legs that bended to the back, it had a curved back, long arms that ended in long white sharp claws, a head covered with many white horns. It's eyes were white without pupils or an iris. The colour of it's skin was pink and variating as he seemed to be made from different individual corpses. Many black veins ran over his body. It opened it's mouth, it was completely black, with long white sharp teeth. *Don't you think I'm beautiful mortal? Don't you like my flesh, my mortal flesh?* Dareth was disgusted. Not only was it horrible to look at, everything it said made Dareth want to kill it. From the looks of it, it's gender was female, it had breasts with large iron piercings through it's nipples. "You make me sick, you ****ing ugly *****! What the **** are you!" It laughed and it sounded horrible. *You dislike the way I look mortal? Maybe this pleases you more.* Her shape slowly changed into a normal woman. *Is this what fits your view of beauty, mortal?*

"This can't be, Elena!?" Dareth approached her. "Return to me Dareth, I miss you so much!" The voice was no longer that of something demon like, it now sounded like the voice of a young woman. "Elena, can it be, after all this time?" Jadira ran to him and held him back. "Don't listen to it Dareth, that is not your wife!" It spoke again. "I see you've found someone new Dareth, you betrayed me!" "Dareth, don't listen! Your wife died three years go, that can't be her!" Dareth came back to his senses. "So, it was you.. You took them away from me. You ****ing *****! Don't you dare using my wife's body to torture me!" It laughed, the echo’s of it sounded through the entire cathedral. *I was having so much fun, until that ***** interfered, tell me mortal, is she dear to you?* "Don't you ****ing touch her!" *That was the answer I wanted to hear, let me torment you a little more by taking her body as well, just like I did with the other human whore you used to call your wife.* "No! don't get any closer!" It approached Dareth and Jadira. He stood in front of her holding his sword up to protect her. "Jadira, stay behind me!"

It jumped into the wall and reappeared on the other side. It leaped at Jadira, Dareth was barely able to react. He pushed her down, dodged the attack himself, and then slashed it. Blood was all over the place, but it did not seem to harm it. The very moment it landed on the ground again the wound healed. "A regenerator? Just what are you, you *****!" *My name is Azra the fleshcrafter, I am what you mortals would call, an apostle.* "An apostle?" *There are eggshaped objects called behelits scattered throughout this world, whoever finds one will be granted great powers, against a certain price.* "A price!?" *A price like sacrificing those dearest to you. I personally enjoyed the sigh of my family being slaughtered greatly. What about you, mortal? Would you sacrifice your family!?* "If you mean my friends here, the answer is no, if you mean Elena and Morhan, the answer is no, you ****ing *****, I will greatly enjoy seeing you getting slaughtered by my hands, through my blade!"

*Hahaha, you amuse me mortal, let's see if you can keep this up!* It jumped into one of the walls and came out from above swooping at Dareth. He quickly noticed it, and stepped aside, swung with his sword at it, but it dodged!? "It's fast!" It disappeared and reappeared many times, Dareth was able to dodge it, but unable to hit it. The apostle realized this too and this aimed at Jadira. "Look out!" But it was too late, Jadira was pummelled through the air, hitting the ground. However, she quickly stood up "Next time, at least ask me, if I want to play with you, you hell*****." She ran at Azra and hit it with the full impact of Bercheros' enchanted hammer. With great speed Azra was thrown through the air, hitting the wall. *Mortal, you really think such a thing can harm me? The moment I touch this wall, my injuries are healed, no matter how severe they are.* It merged with the wall and reappeared behind Jadira. She jumped up and tried to hit it from above. It dodged and Jadira hit the floor. "Help me!" She had made a large hole in the floor with her hammer, and fell through. "Dareth!" Dareth ran to the edge of the hole, but it was too late. "Jadira! Nooo!" "Please.... Not again.. Jadiraaaaaa!" She fell deeper and deeper, screaming for Dareth, until she disappeared in the darkness.

*Finally that's one bothers less, now, who is next.* Dareth looked up. "Algaran ! Protect her!" He nodded and stood in front of Karima. Behind Algaran, Karima crossed her daggers, ready to defend herself should Algaran fail. Algaran spoke a spell in the arcane language. Bright flames were coming from the palms of his hands, ready to scorch whatever would come near them. Dareth lost himself again. The thought of losing her, just when they were about to bloom, enraged Dareth to his very core. He leaped at Azra and slashed her, over and over again. The red glow appeared again. His strength, his speed greatly increased. The wounds couldn't regenerate fast enough to keep up with Dareth's sword. Azra was in pain. She got away by jumping into the wall just in time. *Mortal.. that sword, Malleus Consumus, in common tongue, The demon souldrinker of darkness. No mortal should wield it, it was never meant to be in the hands of a mortal! Where did you get it!?* But Dareth's hatred made him deaf and blind for everything but revenge on Azra. "Get back here, now!"

It came out of the walls, and stood still. *Mortal, you leave me no choice.* Suddenly the walls started to move, heaps of flesh were falling down, and sliding towards Azra. Some of the rather intact bodies were trying to crawl away, but it was no use. Azra absorbed everything and increased in size with every chunk of meat that touched it. Azra was now the size of ten grown men, huge and monstrous reassuming the shape it first took when it first appeared. Faces appeared in it's skin, the same faces from the wall *Now, let's play again mortal!* Dareth leaped at Azra and jumped up as he slashed her lower abdomen. It instantly healed, Azra tossed him to the ground, as she hit him with her huge fist. "Dareth!" He did not move. "Come on, now it's up to us!" Algaran and Karima ran to Azra. Algaran used his flame spell to set Azra on fire. Jadira tried to freeze her with the dagger, but only small chunks of flesh would freeze and fall off. The flames stopped burning abruptly. *Don't you think a creature made in hell would have full resistance to the flames, foolish mage!* Azra looked at Karima. *Such a pure little thing, won't you join me?" Karima stepped back in fear. Azra reached out it's left hand and grabbed her. *so beautiful, so young, so pure, yes! You will become part of my masterpiece! Hahaha!* Azra ripped Karima clothes off and then moved Karima to her now gaping chest. "No! Help me! Dareth! Algaran!"

Algaran reached for her. "Karima!"

Karima's voice made Dareth wake up, he saw what was happening. *Yes, I can feel it.* Karima slowly disappeared in the gaping hole, she was sucked in, and soon only her head was left. "Dareth.. help me..." She cried and was awfully afraid. "Dareeeeth!" *Too late.* The hole closed and Karima was gone. "Karima, nooo!" "Why! Why is this happening to me!? You ****ing bastards, you already took enough!" Dareth was heavily breathing, and barely had any strength to stand up. He dropped on his knees and took his helmet off. "Why am I the one who lives!? This time, you will have to kill me too!" *That can be arranged, mortal..* She walked over to Dareth. Algaran tried to interfere but got kicked away. Suddenly the ground started to shake, debris was flying up. An explosion? No, something bursted through the floor. It was Jadira!

She was wearing a golden chestplate, golden gauntlets and golden boots, over her chainmail. Her eyes were blank and emitted a yellow light. Her hair was going up as if the wind came from below. "Azra the fleshcrafter, your end is near. As a servant of the holy light I shall take your life and send your soul back to the abyss where it belongs" Obviously the armour she was now wearing was no ordinary armour. It used to belong to a holy champion, buried deep beneath the cathedral along with her gear, to keep it safe until the time would come, when it would be needed once more.

Jadira seemed unstoppable now. She ran towards Azra and held the hammer behind her back, ready to strike with it. Azra underestimated this and stood still waiting for the weapon to strike her. Jadira tightened her muscles and readied herself to swing the hammer at Azra's head. She jumped up, and struck Azra in the face with the power of an earthquake. Azra was blown back and flew through the wall, falling down outside the cathedral. "Jadira?" Dareth got up, his strength had returned. He put his helmet back on and followed Jadira outside. The wall itself was bleeding, probably from the enormous impact Jadira made on it's master. Meanwhile Jadira noticed Karima was missing. "Dareth, where is Karima!?" He shook his head. "That thing took her, it buried her inside it's body!" Dareth was holding back his tears. Jadira was shocked. "That thing.. It.. Then let's take her back, now!" Dareth nodded. They both leaped towards Azra who was still recovering. *Before you kill me, know that if I die, your precious friend will die with me.* "What!? No, that can't be!" Both Dareth and Jadira stood still now, shocked by what Azra just said. "Dareth, I...We.. can't.." Dareth dropped his sword. *This is why you are weak, mortals! Your love for each other will be your downfall. For now, however, I must retreat, we'll meet again.* Azra suddenly gained wings and flew away.

"Dareth, are you all right.." She sat on her knees in front of Dareth. Suddenly he embraced her, putting his head against hers, ear to ear. He cried, and soon Jadira started crying as well. "She's gone.. Poor Karima.." Tears were flowing from Dareth's eyes. Both of them were shaking as they cried. Algaran appeared in the hole of the cathedral. He saw the two sitting on the ground holding each other. A single tear slided over his cheek and dropped on the ground. "Why the girl, you should have taken this old soul instead. Why.." Algaran sat down. He did not show his grief, but he obviously felt it. After a while he stood up. "Dareth, Jadira, come, we should go back. We'll have our revenge on that monster, and maybe I could even find a way to get her back, but we must retreat as well, for now." Dareth stood up and nodded. He wiped the tears from his face. He helped Jadira back on her feet. "He's right, Jadira.." He wiped the tears from her face as well. "We'll have time for sadness and grief later. Let's leave this place." She nodded. Algaran took the lead, Dareth and Jadira followed him, back to the gates of Eldaron.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only read the first post so far, i look forward to reading the rest though =D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 15.

*Sorrow and love.*

After a long journey through the snow they were now near the village. The once lush forests were now white and cold. None of them had barely spoken during the two weeks it took them to get there. It was obvious something was missing. "It's so quiet without her.. We should've never.. I should have been the only one in there... That thing.. So many people were killed.." Dareth couldn't think of anything else. "Are you okay, Dareth." Jadira put her hand on Dareth's shoulder. He stared down. "No.. I'm not all right. Something stabbed me so deep, it will never heal, unless she comes back." She nodded. "You're right... I should've not asked." He held her for a brief moment. "Don't be like that, it wasn't your fault." Their eyes met shortly and she laid her head against his chest. "It was, If I had come only a little sooner, she would be.." "No, I'm the one to blame, not you." Algaran looked behind him and saw them holding each other. "We're almost there, just a few more miles. I know it's harsh for me to say, but we don't have time for this. Come." Dareth and Jadira let go of each other and were following Algaran again. Finally in the near distance they could see light burning inside the nearby houses. "Bercheros will be expecting us. I've sent an animal ahead."

Bercheros was standing in front of his smithy. He was anxiously waiting for everyone and couldn't wait for the tales they would tell. He did not know how sad that tale was about to get. "Well, well, if it isn't the famous four." Bercheros was smiling when he saw them approaching. "How did it go, did you find anything?" His smile abruptly disappeared. "Wait.. where is the girl..?" Dareth looked aside. He made fists and got an angry look on his face. Jadira comforted Dareth by holding him.
"Bercheros. Karima, she fell..." The old smith did a step behind. "She fell..? But how? Why?.." "I'll explain everything later. First we need some rest." The old smith nodded "I've arranged as many room as you like in the inn. Gerard knows you're coming." "Thank you, my friend. till tomorrow." "Aye, till tomorrow it is." Dareth and Jadira were headed to the inn, Algaran said something to Bercheros and then went to the inn as well.

The inn was rather empty. Just a few people were sitting inside enjoying a pint. "Sir Dareth, lady Jadira, welcome once more. Oh, and I see you brought Algaran with you as well. But, where is miss Karima?" Dareth did not answer his question. "One room Gerard, that'll be all." Gerard handed the key to Dareth. "Algaran? The girl." Algaran shook his head. "Oh dear.. She's..dead..?" "Aye, but I do not wish to speak of it now, come to Bercheros' place tomorrow, and I will explain what happened." Gerard nodded and did not ask or say anything else and gave Algaran the key to his room.

Meanwhile Dareth and Jadira arrived at their room. A candle was burning. Dareth walked in followed by Jadira and took his armour off. He sat on the edge of the bed and rested his face in the palms of his hands. He started crying. "Stop crying already, you're a man, if you cry like that, I will....cry too." Jadira sat down on his lap and held him as she cried with him. For many hours they were sitting on the bed, mourning for the loss of their loved one, until they laid down on the bed and fell asleep. Algaran had been awake all night. He also felt guilt like the others. "I was the one protecting her, and I failed. I can never make up to them, nor to Karima or even myself. But, there has to be a way to draw her back."

The other day Algaran went to Bercheros and explained what happened. Gerard also came. "So it's possible she's not even dead, but suffering horribly?" Algaran nodded. "She should've never came with us, at least not to that horrible place. We've seen things far beyond mercy, humanity and sanity. These things were never meant for her to look upon." Bercheros shook his head. He could barely speak from the grief he felt. "That poor girl." Gerard stared up. "That thing should've taken one of our old souls instead, she was so lively and so kind. If my bones were not as old as they are, I would wield my sword again, for her." The three men stood there the entire afternoon, talking about the sad events. They noticed there had been no sign of Dareth or Jadira that day. "I'm not surprised by the least bit, from what I know he considered her as his very own sister, it was clear that those two loved each other, like family. He used to have another family, they were taken by the very same monster. And now it happened to him again." Bercheros did not expect such a thing from Dareth. "A man who's lost his family will lose his will and strength." "Aye, there's nothing worse then that." Said Gerard.

"My fault... My fault..." "Stop that!" "Stop what!?" "Stop blaming yourself like that!" "Why should I, Wasn't it obvious!?" "I said stop it! Why are you always blaming yourself like that! You did it with your wife and son, and now you're doing it again!" "Don't speak of my wife..and..son." A tear ran down his cheek. "I'm sorry, I should've not said that." "Don't be. Everyone near me, gets hurt or worse. I have nothing left.. I want you to go.." "What do you mean. "You heard me! GO! It would kill me if I would lose you too, so just go.." "But, Dareth." "I said GO!" Jadira became angry. "You simpleton! Instead of realizing you still have me, you're only thinking of what you have lost! You don't give a **** about me! I'll leave, but not because you want me to!" She slammed the door behind her and left. "****!, why am I always the stupid one..." He stood up and went after Jadira.

"Algaran! Have you seen her?" "If you mean Jadira, she just passed by, looking really upset." "Where did she go!" "Boy, if you're looking for her, I'll bet she went to the river." Said Bercheros." Without a word he ran into the woods, trying to catch up. "Jadira? Come back!" He was near the river now, and saw her standing. "Good intuition, old man.'' He slowly approached from behind. "Go away.." "Jadira, I did not mean to." "You already did!" "Please listen to me, it's just that, losing you as well would break my heart. People around me always get hurt, and I don't want that to happen to you as well." "Why would that break your heart?" "Because, I..I.. From the moment my wife died, I thought I could never love someone like that again, yet here you are." Jadira turned around and now looked him in the eyes. "It would break my heart, because, I love you." She smiled and blushed. "Hold me again like you did before." She fell in his arms, and held him tightly to her body. "Dareth?" "Hm? What is it?" "The very moment you spoke, you already had me. I love you too." She held her head up and looked Dareth straight in the eyes. Dareth slowly bent his head over. He brought his lips near her's and tenderly kissed her. She gladly returned the kiss.

The river was streaming behind them. It was surrounded by snow. Jadira slowly stopped kissing him. "Dareth." "Yes?" "I want to give you something, something I've never given to anyone else before." "What is it?" "Me." Dareth smiled. She slowly undressed and waded into the water. "Cold.." Then she turned around. "Join me." Dareth stared at her all the way into the water. "She really is beautiful.." He undressed and followed her into the water. Now nude, they stood in the water, and leaned their bodies against each other. This time it was Jadira who kissed Dareth. After a long and passionate kiss she stopped to say something. "Please, be gentle." "Don't worry, I will." He lifter her up and held her against him, her breasts pushed against his chest. Jadira wrapped her legs around his waste and then lowered herself with a soft moan. That afternoon they made passionate love for what it seemed to them, forever.

Dareth sat in the snow on his clothes near the river, with Jadira leaning against his chest with her back. He kissed her hair and her neck. She smiled and lifted her head backwards gesturing Dareth she wouldn't mind a little more. "Jadira, We shouldn't be here, we'll catch a cold if we stay her like this." "I know.." And they kissed again.

It was almost dinnertime when they returned from the river, and the sun was setting. Most of the people already had their candles and fires burning inside. With all the snow and the lights coming from inside, it was a lovely sight. They walked towards the inn. Dareth held the door open for Jadira and closed it behind him. "I apologize for yesterday Gerard, something happened to Karima." "Aye, Algaran told me what happened, I wish I could something to sooth the pain, but I'm afraid I don't have a cure for broken hearts. Let me at least offer you two a good meal." They gladly accepted the warm meal and sat down at a table. "I wonder where Algaran is." Said Jadira. "Probably at Bercheros' place, that's where I last saw him." "Yeah, probably."

A week ago somewhere in the mountains. "Let me go!" *You belong to me now!* "Never!" *Agh! What are you doing!* "You forgot something, you *****." Large chunks of frozen meat were falling of Azra. *The daggers! Hah! You're a strong one, little girl. Any normal mortal would have been merged with my body by now, however if you try to escape at this time, you'll die from a long fall!* More and more meat was falling off till one of the daggers was visible, an arm came out along with a head. "I'd rather die then being assembled by you, you ****ing abomination!" Karima made her way out. Azra couldn't bare any more damage and was flying more and more unstable *Fine, die! Even you are expendable!* Karima dropped from the sky to the white ground below. "Free..atlast..."

Dareth and Jadira looked up. Algaran stood in the doorway of the inn. "I've got news about Azra." They stood up and walked to the mage. Dareth held Algaran by his shoulders. "What!? What about Karima!? Tell me!" "Easy, easy! I'm not quite sure, but I've located Azra, and when I last felt Azra's energy, I could feel Karima presence, but this time I could not. This means, Azra has completely assimilated her or she has freed herself. How that would be possible, I do not know, but.." "Are you saying there's a chance she's alive!?" "Well, I don't know." "Tell me now! Is there a chance!" Dareth was shaking Algaran wildly. "Stop that already! What I was trying to say is. If she did manage to escape she's barely alive, cause I can't feel her presence. This means her lifeforce is fading or very weak." "Then we gotta go, now!" "No we're not, I don't know where she is, so just going somewhere won't do any good." "Then what are we going to do!?" "I've contacted my order, they will search for her now."

"Your order, you mean 'the' order?" Jadira seemed to know what Algaran was talking about. "Yes, the Order of the Inner Flame." Suddenly Jadira started to chuckle. "They let a pervert like you join the order?" Dareth couldn't hold it back and laughed. "Pervert? me!? I don't know where you got that idea, as I said before I'm a respectable mage and.." "Get to the point weirdo." "Ahem, right. Well, one of the members has the ability to look in the far distance. She will contact me when she has found her. You should get some sleep now, I will have news when the sun rises."

Dareth and Jadira were on their way to their room. "This is great Dareth, if she is alive, I'll do whatever I can to find her." "I know you will. But not alone." He smiled. "We'll find her together." The two laid down on the bed, and covered themselves with the blanket. Dareth laid behind Jadira and held her with his left arm. "You know, when we had diner, I really missed her, she always talks with her mouth full." Dareth chuckled. "Yeah, if she gets back, you should teach her some manners." "What makes you think she's only one who needs some manners. hm?" "Thanks a lot.." She laughed and suddenly was sitting up. "What are you doing?" She smiled and pushed Dareth on his back, and was sitting on him. She lowered her head to kiss him, their lips brushes against each other, and Dareth wrapped his arms around her. "What did I do to deserve this, hm?" She looked him straight in the eyes. "Shut up.. and kiss me.."

"Wake up, breakfast!" Dareth and Jadira woke up from the person hitting the door with his fist and yelling it was breakfast time. "A little more subtlety would be appreciated at this time of the day, I'm so tired...." Dareth sat up. "That's no surprise..." She laughed. "I didn't get any complaints from you, mister." "I wouldn't dare." He stood up. Jadira was smiling and checked him out. The muscles on his back were tightening as he stretched his arms. "Mmm." She leaned her head against her right hand. "Aren't you coming?" She nodded "I'll be right there, you go ahead." Dareth dressed himself and put his armour over his clothes. He sheathed the sword on his back and picked up his helmet. "I'll wait for you in the mess hall." "Alright, I won't take long." He smiled and closed the door behind him. Jadira stood up, she was aching a little from yesterday. She got dressed and put the chainmail and her new gold armour on.

"Good morning, miss Jadira. Breakfast is served. Dareth took your plate with his own." "Thanks Gerard." She looked around and saw Dareth sitting. Gerard saw how Jadira walked to him. He chuckled. "Well, someone's been busy last night, hee hee." Jadira heard it, she blushed and hurried to the table where Dareth was sitting. "What's rushing you?" "Nothing, I'm just hungry." Gerard approached their table. Jadira thought he was about to make a prank and pretended she did not see him. "I almost forgot, Algaran asked me to send you to the smith when you're done." Dareth nodded. "Thanks Gerard, we will."

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 16.

*Rowe.*

A white wolf appeared. Barely visible, it was running through the snow in the woods. Suddenly It started barking. A man dressed in dark green came from behind a tree, he approached the wolf and stroked it on his head. He had brown eyes and long dark blond hair. A three days old beard covered his face. His looks were that of a well aged man, probably about forty years old. The stranger was tall and slim. He kneeled down. "Welcome back, my friend." The wolf excitedly wagged his tail, an barked again.

"What is it?" The wolf ran off, and the man followed him. The man was easily able to keep up with the wolf, he was fast and very agile. Very subtle he moved along the trees through the snow. Suddenly they reached a cliff. The man and wolf slowed down and stopped. The wolf was looking down and barked at something. "Looks like someone's laying there. Let's have a closer look. come on!" The wolf and man ran to the nearby passage to go down the steep wall. They ran down and headed to where they last saw it.

"What's this, a girl? There's not a single track around here. Did she fall from the sky? Oh well, doesn't matter. she's probably dead. No one survives a night around here in the cold, especially not when you're undressed." The wolf barked again, he put his snout against the girls face and pushed it. "Are you sure?" The man was looking for a pulse in her neck. "She's alive! But also very cold, we'd better hurry." The girl was completely undressed, she had long red hair and carried two daggers with her. Obviously Karima made it to the ground alive. The man checked out the daggers, and luckily separately sheathed them. He took his cloak off and wrapped Karima in it. He carried her and ran back up. The wolf followed him.

A warm fire was burning inside a wooden cabin. Karima was laying near the fireplace, and chuckled "Stop that... Who is it.." The wolf was licking her in her face. Suddenly she saw the face of the wolf near her face. She stood up, stepped back and fell back to the floor. "Don't hurt me!" The man stood up from his chair, he lifted her up and laid her back near the fire. "Shh, you shouldn't be up yet. Go back to sleep." Karima closed her eyes again, and soon went back to sleep.

The sun had long set. Hayaleth and Gesamé were both shining at their fullest. "Wake up, you must eat now." Karima opened her eyes and the face of the stranger above her own. She suddenly felt hungry and realized she had not been eating for days. She stretched her arms, and stood up. Then she saw she was completely naked. "Ahem, do you mind!" He ignored her. "Clothes are laying to the left. Your diner is on the table. Eat." The man went back to his chair. The wolf was laying at his feet. Karima dressed herself in the strange cloths. They were not her size, but at least it was warm. She went to the table and sat down. The man was staring in the fire, and did not pay any attention to Karima. "Is that dog yours?" He nodded. "Or is it a wolf? I never had a dog, or a wolf." She chuckled. "Imagine that, a wolf. So what's your name mister?" The man stood up and walked out, obviously not used to Karima's waterfall of words. "How rude..." She continued eating her meal. The wolf approached her, he laid down near her feet. "So what's your name then, hm?"

Laughter and barks were coming from inside. "What is going on in there?" The man walked back to his cabin, he opened the door and saw Karima wrestling and playing with the wolf on the floor. When the man opened the door, both of them were looking at him as if they got caught. The man couldn't help but to laugh. After he recomposed himself he sat back on his chair. "My apologies for earlier, I’m not used to a lot of people, let alone one who can speak for ten." Karima chuckled and at the same time she thought. "How rude.." The man continued. "I did not know what kind of person you were either, until I saw you playing with Ungar here. My name is Rowe." Karima stood up, and introduced herself. "My name is Karima, and..my head hurts, Ouch." Rowe nodded. "Figures, although you landed in the snow, you made quite an impact. I still don't understand how you survived though." Karima was trying to remember what happened. "My daggers, where are they!?"

The ranger unsheathed them from his belt. "Here, I kept them safe." "Be careful!" Karima took the daggers. "Careful?" "Yes, you're lucky you did not let these two touch each other." She held the daggers up and they were glowing brightly. "Magic!?" Karima nodded proudly. "Yep, if one of the blades would've cut you while activated, you'd be a pile of ash or a chunk of ice by now. Enough about these things. Why are you here and how did you find me, and where did you find me?" Rowe chuckled. "Normally I should be the one asking questions, oh well. I'm a ranger, I protect the woods and wild from brutes who would harm them. Ungar here obviously found you, I followed him to the place where you had 'landed'. Just South from here is a cliff, from there we saw you laying in the snow. But what surprises me is, it was obvious you had been laying there for quite a few days. Although you were cold, you were not that cold. Normally someone naked would die within eight hours in these mountains." Karima unsheathed the fire dagger. "Here, hold it." Rowe held the dagger for a while and grinned. "Heh, it's warming me to the core. Quite the weapon you have here." He paused for a while. "One thing's bothering me though. How did you end up undressed in such a place?"

Suddenly flashes of what happened went through her head. "No! Stop it!" She dropped the daggers and held her head with both her hands. "Dareth? Jadira? No! What's happening!? Help me!" Suddenly she collapsed and lost her consciousness, Rowe catched her before she hit the ground. Rowe laid her down and felt her head. "A fever.. Not surprising though." He took her clothes off and covered her with a blanket. He went outside and put some snow in an old rag. From time to time he cooled her forehead with the cold snow. Ungar laid down next to her, keeping an eye on what happened. That night Rowe kept getting snow from outside to reduce Karima's fever. It was long past midnight when he went to sleep.

"Oh.. my head. It's about to explode.." Karima sat up. Ungar still laid next to her, when he saw she was awake he started barking, and licked her face all over. "Oh, no please, don't hahaha, stop it." She laid her face in the pillow and wiped the saliva off. "For a wolf, you sure are a softy..." He barked again, and wagged with his tail. She saw the clothes from yesterday laying on a pile near to her and dressed herself. "Where's Rowe?" She walked to the door and opened it. The snow was blinding her eyes with the bright sunlight. The cabin stood in a clearing in the woods. Around the clearing were a lot of pine trees. Unlike the leaf trees, the pine trees were green. She breathed in the cold air. "Brr, it sure is cold out here. I wonder where I am." She walked outside and Ungar followed her. "Hello!? Mr. Rowe?" There was no sign of him. She went back inside and sat down on a chair. "Wait, what's this?" There was a note on the table. It said: "There's food in the closet." "What.. that's all? Oh well, I do feel rather hungry."

She walked over to the closet and opened both doors. "Oops, wrong closet." There was a large wooden bow decorated with silver displayed in it. It was as tall as a man, but it now string. "Hm? Where's the string?" She reached for the bow and took it out of the closet." Don't touch that!" Rowe was back. Rowe took the bow from Karima and put it back. "Just what are you doing!?" He was obviously angry. "I was looking for food in the closet! Don't Think of me as a thief!" Rowe sighed. "Sorry for acting that way, but you have no idea what you just held in your hands." The bow was back in the closet. Karima
looked at it. "What's with it then? It looks like an ordinary bow." "I'm sorry, but that's none of your business. Besides, there's something else I want to discuss with you. Last night when you fainted, you said, Dareth and Jadira." Karima her eyes grew. "Dareth.. Jadira.. We have to go back!" "Easy now, who are they, and where is back?" "Dareth, he is my.. brother and Jadira is a friend of ours. We were under attack! In Eldaron!" "Eldaron? That's at least eighty miles from here, then how did you end up here?" "I don't know, we were fighting this .. this thing.." Suddenly she remembered it all. She started to scream. "No! no, please, stop! I don't want to see it anymore! Get out of my head!"

She dropped on her knees was shaking all over. "Are you all right?" Rowe sat on his knees in front of her and held her head up. Slowly she stopped shaking. "It was horrible.. I'll tell you what happened."

"So you were trapped inside that thing for days?" She nodded. "It showed me the most horrible things, it was attaching to me everywhere. But that was not even the worst. Every single soul it had devoured was still in there. Inside my head, I could here them scream, they were in pain and afraid. I realized, that if I did not to want to become like them, I had to escape no matter what. Normally I shouldn't have been able to move, but my daggers where very near each other, and I able to let them touch each other.

Immediately the flesh that was attached to my hands and arms, turned into ash or ice, slowly I freed myself. Then Azra noticed I was trying to escape and eventually let me fall, because She was barely able to fly, any more damage would have made her fall to the ground herself." "What did you just say ?!" Rowe's eyes grew. "What do you mean?" "That name. Azra, would that happen to be Azra the fleshcrafter?" Karima nodded. "Yeah, how do you know!?"

"That story goes a long way back. I thought she was killed that time." "Killed? You mean you've fought with Azra?" He nodded. "Yes, back then there were many of us, we were guarding the wild just as I am now. We heard rumours of a village being attacked by one of it's own inhabitants, from what we heard everyone was brutally slaughtered. I went there to check it out, but there was only blood.., just blood, nothing more." "Really!? It was the same in Eldaron, there were no corpses except inside that place." "She hasn't changed a bit then. As I said, there was blood everywhere, large pools of red stinking blood. I really was clueless. There were no corpses, no tracks. One week later another village was attacked, it was the same again. Just blood." Ungar laid down near the fireplace, and ignored the story.

"What happened then?" "I assembled my fellow rangers and we headed to the village of which we though it would probably be it's next target. One night, we surrounded the village making sure nothing could pass through without anyone noticing it. There were twenty rangers, but none of us could foresee what happened next. Suddenly we heard screaming all around us, what we saw was something beyond our nightmares. A monster that ripped it's victims to pieces and then take their flesh as it's own. We all started shooting at her with our bows, but it was no use. The arrows fell out and it regenerated it's wounds. Sixteen rangers fell that night. With just four left we fled, as we did not stand a chance against such a thing. The leader of our group, Nolon, had been keeping a secret. Many years before he once received a bow from a powerful good sorceress, for his service and dedication to the wild. Nolon told us it was more then powerful enough to take Azra out. He had hidden it in a cave near this place. With the four of us we went there. The bow was still there, but." "Something happened?" "Azra found us, we were trapped inside. Nolon and the others were killed, before he was torn apart he threw the bow at me. At first I did not know what to do with it. It had no string. And with his last words he said. "Just shoot it!" So I held the bow in front of me and held my hand where the string normally should be. A yellow energized bow string appeared along with a magic arrow. I pulled the string, aimed and released."

"Azra had a hole the size of a bear in her stomach. Next, I aimed for the head, when the smoke cleared up, Azra's upper body was completely gone. I thought I killed her, but I guess I was wrong." "Well maybe you did kill her, but she might have been sent back." "Hm what do you mean?" Karima told the entire story till the part where they were sent back by Skullknight. "Truly, I've been wondering why there were so many strange events lately, but this explains it all." When Karima finished telling her story, the sun had set.

"We should eat something now. Tomorrow, I'll take you to that village you mentioned, your friends are probably there." Karima smiled "Really!?" Rowe nodded, and Karima hugged him. "Thank you so much! I.. really miss them..." Rowe was not used to this kind of behaviour but took it as gratitude. "No problem, you wouldn't make it on your own anyway." After a good meal, Karima fell asleep next to Ungar. Rowe sat down on his chair and fell asleep as well.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Realy great

but i found a glich ^^
The ranger unsheathed them from his belt. "Here, I kept them safe." "Be careful!" Jadira took the daggers.
Wrong name ^^

anyhow CS you are the best

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Has been shocked by the contained content.*

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me smacks Kama on his eye with the wang =x

Stop making me feel like the story is bad :(

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 17.

*Azra returns.*

Algaran and Bercheros were sitting at a table inside enjoying a warm cup of tea. Dareth knocked on the door. “Who is it! If you’re here for business, come in, if you’re not, then leave!” Dareth opened the door. “Who’s ill mannered now old man…?” Algaran drank from his tea. “Sit down, we’ve got news.” They sat down around the table. “Tea?” Dareth shook his head. “No thanks.” said Jadira. “Very well then. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we think Karima escaped, but we’re not sure.” Dareth and Jadira both cheered. Even Bercheros smiled. Dareth stood up. “Where could she be!?” Algaran nodded. “Aye, that’s what I thought when I heard of it, however the bad news stop us from finding her. It seems Azra has recovered, and is headed this way with an army that will crush everything in it’s path.” Dareth sat down again. “Well, if Karima is doing fine, it’s probably up to us to stop the attack. There is no one else around here capable of handling demons and their kin.” Algaran nodded. “That’s right. But this might be too much to handle for us. The order told me it was an army of at least two-thousand soldiers.”

“Two thousand!? We’ll need an army ourselves to handle that!” Jadira spoke. “Well, how many were there in Eldaron? A thousand? Maybe more, surely we could handle another thousand.” Algaran shook his head. “I’m afraid it won’t work that way. First, Karima isn’t with us, and she took a considerable amount down. Second, these are not your average neighbourhood demons. They are fully armoured and wield weapons if needed. But even though the odds are against us, we should try it anyway. We‘re the only ones near enough capable of doing this. I could ask for aid from my order, but it would take at least eight days for them to get here.” Dareth nodded. “How long till Azra arrives?” “Three days. However we should face them at least a days travel from here to make sure none of the villagers gets hurt, should we prevail.”

Jadira stood up. “A desperate cause, but a just one. We can do it, I’m sure. Besides, with this new armour I have we can do some real damage.” Dareth was curious. “You still have to tell me where you got that, and how you survived that fall.” Algaran and Bercheros nodded. “As an armour smith I’d really like to know.”

“Very well. When I fell down, I landed on a pile of corpses. Not recent ones though. They had been there for a while, and were so fragile, that they broke my fall. When I recovered from it, I had to touch the walls constantly to find my way. It appeared I ended up in the city’s catacombs. Occasionally I touched some bones or skulls that were laid to rest in the walls. It was a maze. Suddenly all the torches started to burn.” Dareth looked up. “Just like that? There was no one around?” “At first, no. Before I realized it, the dead were starting to move. They clearly had an appetite for the living. They attacked me, but they did not stand a chance, most of were so old, just touching them would reduce them piles of cloth and dust. The problem was, they just kept coming. I was getting tired. That’s when this light showed up, it had an orb like shape. Clearly It wanted me to follow, every time I did a step forwards the light flew forwards as well. It led me away from the countless undead. Eventually it led me to a tomb. This one was unlike the others. It was sealed with a white granite door. There was no way I would have been able to open it, so I used the hammer to smash it. Behind the door was a small room, with a stone coffin in the middle. The light was hovering above it, and then disappeared. So I opened the coffin and I found this armour inside. When I put it on, it was way too large, however as soon as It at it’s place it adjusted to my shape.” Algaran grinned and was checking the torso. “I can see that.” Jadira did not hesitate and hit him on his eye. “Just what are you thinking!? You can’t just hit me like that!” Dareth glared at Algaran. “On second thought, please continue your story.”

Jadira sighed. “After I put the armour on, the light appeared again behind me, I followed it again. Eventually I ended up at a stairway, where the light disappeared again. I walked up the stair but it was a dead end. That’s when I started creating my own way with the hammer. Eventually I broke through and gave Azra something she’ll never forget. For some reason the armour boosts the hammer’s ability, especially against a being like Azra.”

Bercheros nodded. “A true holy artefact. If you like, I can readjust your chainmail to make it fit with the armour. Right now, you’re wearing too much.” “I’d like that, this gets kind of heavy, especially after a long day march.” “Take it off when you can and bring it to me.” Jadira nodded. “Oh, that reminds me, what has become of the horses?” ” Bercheros sighed. “The poor things were starving when they arrived, Gerard took care of them. They were led by the black stallion.” Jadira smiled. “Karima’s precious Blackmane.” Jadira went to see the horses, after she saw they were alright she went to the inn and took the chainmail off. She brought it to Bercheros, and left back to the inn.

“Gerard?” “Yes, miss Jadira. What can I do for you?” “Can you arrange a warm bath?” “Right this way.” He opened a door left to the counter. Inside was a large wooden tub. “We always change the water, and warm it up right away. You can leave your clothes there.” He pointed at a small wooden bench. “There are towels on that table next to the tub.” “Thank you, now if you excuse me. Oh one thing though, don’t let Algaran come near the inn.” “Haha , he sure has this reputation, doesn’t he?” “Yeah…. Keep the door locked, I’ll knock when I’m done.” He nodded. “As you wish, I take it this will be put on Algaran’s bill as well ?” She laughed. “Sure.”

Meanwhile Dareth was spending time in Bercheros’ basement. “Take the gauntlets off, I made something.” Dareth took the gauntlets off and gave them to Bercheros. “With this new fight coming, these will come in handy.” He bound something on one of the gauntlets with leather straps. “Put it on again.” Dareth put on the gauntlet. “What is this?” “Be careful now, I don’t want your hand dislocated. Hold your right hand down, and pull the switch forwards with your left.” Dareth did as Bercheros told him. A long knife came out with tremendous speed. “Whoa, nice job old man!” He nodded that’s not all, if you pull the switch back, and release it before you put, it will shoot out. It has an accuracy of one hundred feet straight. Try it. Hit it once to put it back again.” Dareth hit it once and the knife went back in. He aimed for the stone wall and hit the knife shooter twice. With great speed it pierced itself into the wall. “I was able to make tips of adamant for these things. I had a very small chunk left. So be sure to pick them up again after you shoot them.” “Aye, will do. What about the other one.” “It’s the very same thing, but this one has a knife with a small hole in it, you can attach a rope to it. Then, there’s this.” Bercheros showed a black cloak. “A cloak?” “Aye, but not just a cloak.” At the lower end of the cloak a long leather strap with arrow heads in a row attached to it was sewn in. “Swing with it, and you can cut many throats in a row.” Dareth put the cloak on and tried it out. “Nice job, a very nice job indeed.” “Glad you like it, boy. You’ll need it.” Dareth pulled the knife from the wall and put it back in it’s launcher. After that he put the other gauntlet on. “Thanks, old man.” “Don’t bother, I’ll probably have to repair them when you get back.” He went upstairs and started working on Jadira’s chainmail. Dareth left the smithy and went to the inn wondering where Jadira had gone too.

He walked passed by the counter. “Dareth?” “What’s up Gerard?” “Would you happen to be looking for her?” “As a matter of fact, yes.” Gerard looked at the bathing room door. “She took a bath.” Dareth scratched his head. “It’s been a while since I last had one. I’ll join if you don’t mind.” Dareth opened the door and closed it behind him. Jadira sat up and covered herself with a towel. “Hey! Who’s there! Oh it’s you.” She put the towel back and relaxed again. “The water is really nice. I can’t remember the last time I had a warm bath.” Dareth chuckled. “I’ve never had a warm bath in my life. Never needed one either, but for you I’ll make an exception.” “Haha, really ? Never ? Then you’ll enjoy this.” Dareth took his armour off and undressed. “He grinned. “Hey, just what are you up to? No wait. Don’t !” Dareth jumped in the tub with a big splash and let out a yell. “Ouch, this is hot!” “Haha, serves you well.” After a minute or two he got used to it. “This is so good…” Jadira moved over to Dareth and laid on her side next him, leaning her head on his chest. “I could lay like this forever. Especially with you.” Dareth smiled. “Dareth, do you remember the day we came back from that place.” “I do, why do you ask?” “I still wanted to apologize for the way I behaved back then.” “Heh, don’t worry about it, besides, you did not really have a clue of what was going on.” She smiled. “What do you see when you look ahead?” “You mean for the two of us?” She nodded. “I don’t know, it might be a bit early for that, but I’m sure we’ll be together, no matter what.” ”She kissed him for a brief moment and then rested her head on his chest again. “Mmm, I wouldn’t mind that.”

It was early in the morning. Gerard had the horses prepared. Dareth, Jadira and Algaran were preparing to take off to the North. It was still dark. The lanterns were lit for the group. “Be sure to get back in one piece.” Gerard brought the horses to the smithy were they gathered. They mounted their horses. Dareth on Blackmane, Jadira on Star and Algaran on Stripe. They named the bridle that way because of the white line down her face. “Alright, we should be on our way now, wish us luck. We need it.” Algaran took the lead Bercheros shook his head. “They’ll be back, mark my words….”

It was freezing. The snow that had fallen weeks ago was still there, but a path had been cleared by travellers and alike. They walked in a row behind eachother. “We will ride till sunset, after that we’ll find a place to rest for the night and prepare for tomorrow.” Except for Algaran, that day nobody spoke. They were thinking of what would be the outcome of the upcoming battle, and what it would be like. That evening they dug a hole in the snow till they reached the dirt, Algaran made a fire with magic. After he made the fire he stood up. “I will try to get a better view of what is to come. I’ll need higher ground for that.” Dareth poked the fire. “Keep an eye out for areas we could use to our advantage as well.” “I will.” Algaran mounted Stripe and rode North to where he saw a hill.

“In case one of us shouldn’t make it, Dareth.” “Don’t. We will make it.” “Why are you so sure of that?” “It’s just this gut feeling I have, something’s going on.” They sat down near the fire next to eachother. “I know a fight like this seems hopeless, but I’m sure the three of us can do it. “ Algaran returned. He jumped off Stripe. “Prepare! They will arrive this very night!” Dareth stood up. “What!? But I thought…” “Yes, but it seems they have increases their speed the past few days.” “How much time do we have left?” “Two hours, maybe more. “Jadira spoke. “You know, it’s probably for the best. The sooner we get this over with, the better.” Dareth nodded. “Aye, let’s get ready.” Algaran released the horses and sent them home.

Meanwhile just a few miles ahead, a legion of hellspawn was moving through the night. Heavy armoured, armed with the most horrible weapons they marched South. *With this army, and myself, I will take those human mongrels out this time. There are only three left now.* She ran ahead of the army in her apostle form. *Even if they manage to overpower this army, I’ve got a surprise for them, hee hee.* The army trampled everything under it’s feet. The very ground was shaking.

“I think I hear something.” Dareth looked from behind a tree. “Hear? I can feel the ground shaking under my feet!” Jadira hit the ground with the hammer and readied herself. “I can see them now. Get ready!” Dareth put his helmet on. Azra now stood still. *So, you are near. Minions! Search the area! They are near, I can taste them!* “Oh ****, that abomination knows we’re here!” “She knows were around here, not our exact locations, we still have the element of surprise.” Said Algaran. The demons came nearer and nearer. Dareth and Jadira held their weapons ready to attack, while Algaran was readying an ice spell. The demons reached them. Dareth jumped from behind his tree and chopped the first head off. Jadira created a hole in the front line by hitting one in it’s face and tossing it through the air, hitting the other demons. Algaran froze twenty of them in their place. Dareth finished the job, and scattered them to millions of pieces. *Don’t hold back! You miserable slaves!* Dareth and Jadira valiantly fought their way through, while Algaran used his elemental spells to take them out. *Ha! Mortals, fight as much as you want, eventually, their numbers will matter!”

“Dareth!?” The red glow slowly swirled up from the tip of the sword to the hilt, soon it started to take over Dareth’s body as well, when it reached his head, his movement became different. Just like in Eldaron he was slashing through them like a whirlwind of blades. None of them lived. Some were cut in half at the height of their waste, others were beheaded or got their skull cleft in twain. No matter where it sliced, it went straight through steel, skin and bone. *So that’s the power of the souldrinker… It makes the wielder go completely berserk. At this point I will definitely lose. I guess I will have to use my trump card. * Azra opened her mouth and coughed something up. It looked like a half digested human corpse, and from the looks of it, it was still alive! She picked it up and held in front of her. Dareth was nearing Azra now.

“No! This can’t be!” The corpse Azra was holding up by it’s hair strongly resembled Karima. “You ****ing *****! What did you do to her!?” The red glow faded, and he dropped his sword. “Is that really you, Karima…?” “Da…reth.. please… help..me.” * I kept her alive for this very purpose, if you do one more step forwards I will finish her off!* Jadira had tears coming from her eyes. “No..why her.., why like this! it’s too cruel!” Algaran took a closer look. “So she did not escape, poor girl…. No wait, something’s wrong here, I can’t sense her life force, either she’s weak or?” Suddenly from out of nowhere a bolt of light pierced through the corpse Azra held. “That’s not me!” Everyone turned their heads to where the voice came from. Karima and Rowe!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another great chapter :p

Cant wait to see how this battle ends XD

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 18.

Azra’s Demise.

“Karima!?” There was no mistaking it. She held up the daggers and crossed them. A burst of red and white light illuminated the area. “You bet!” Azra was completely startled. *You little *****, you should have died! How did you survive!? No matter, this time I will make sure I will kill you with my own hands instead of depending on fate. Minions! Ascend!”

Suddenly all the remaining demons started to deform, they bursted out of their armours and assumed the most horrible shapes one can imagine. Now a monstrous and seemingly invincible the army stood between Azra and Dareth’s group. Karima and Rowe quickly ran to Dareth. “Welcome back sis, we’ll get to the formalities later.” “Sure thing bro!” Dareth grinned and put his helmet back on. “On the count of three, we will do a single charge, give it all you got, don’t hold back. We will only get one chance. No dodge, no block, no parry means certain death.” The group nodded. Dareth looked at Rowe. “You.” “Yes?” “Make sure none of us gets caught by surprise with that bow of yours.” Rowe nodded. “I’ll stay here with the mage.” Algaran chuckled. “I’m surprised you knew. There’s more to you then meets the eye, ranger.”

“Ready!? It’s now or never!” Everyone assumed an offensive stance. They readied their weapons. The demons were nearing now. “One!” Just a few more seconds and the demons would reach them. “Two!” Dareth tightened his muscles and held his sword tightly. Jadira held the hammer behind her, ready to strike. Karima held the ice dagger in front of her and the fire dagger near her waist. “Three!” Dareth thrusted his sword through the head of the first demon within reach. Jadira pulverized the ribs of her first attacker. It dropped dead. Karima set one on fire. Their weapons were not as effective as before, but they all did well. Suddenly Dareth’s sword started to suck up smoke from all the corpses around them. “Argh! What the **** is happening!” Dareth’s muscles started to swell. His grip on the blade tightened. Debris was flying up. The shape of the sword started to change. Another blade appeared at the other end and it started to form a double blade. Red glowing runes appeared on the surface of blades. “Slayer! Feed me!” A very deep and commanding voice came from the sword itself. It roared through the area.

Algaran examined the situation. “I see.., normal demons would just give him an overdose of adrenaline, making him ridiculously strong, and lose control over himself, but the souls of these apostles actually activate essence of the blade, tapping into it’s true power.” Dareth answered. “Yes, I will feed you.” Jadira looked at him. “Dareth, are you..?” “Don’t worry. I’m alright, it’s different from before. I’m completely in control this time.” Dareth held the blade horizontally in front of him. It was completely black and had red pulsing runes on it. Suddenly Dareth vanished, and reappeared in the middle of the demon army. At least fifty of them were cleft in twain or beheaded. “Don’t stall! Attack!” Everyone was awed by the sight of these demons getting ripped to pieces almost instantly. Algaran was the first to speak. “Dareth! I assume that, the more you kill the more powerful and faster the sword will become. Make good use of that.” He nodded. “As for us, attack!” Everyone attacked with everything they had.

“This speed, this power, it’s amazing….” Dareth slashed through more and more demons. “Feed me, and my power will grow.” The sword spoke again. Souls in the shapes of black smoke were sucked up by the blade. “Who are you?” Said Dareth while fighting. “I am Kyros the undying. In life I was a dragon, the darkest dragon ever to roam this world. Centuries ago I ravaged this area. I left nothing alive. Until a group of wizards developed a sword. They sent a very capable warrior to my lair who plunged that sword through my heart in mid air right before he died. My soul was sucked into the sword, it fell in the hands of several warriors, but all of them succumbed before the might and power of the blade. Until you came along, slayer.” Dareth swung with both blades rapidly. Compared to himself these demons were slow. He could see their movements clearly and was able to dodge all the attacks or counter them with his own. “Why did you not show yourself earlier, like this?” The runes pulsed again. “Back then I was weak, until you fed me something very powerfull. Something that contained many souls.” “Azra..” “Yes”

Jadira aimed for the heads now and crushed many monstrous skulls with single strikes. Rowe was supporting them from the rear, he shot as many as he could. Karima jumped and dodged through a group of demons, and froze them in place or set them on fire. Algaran was preparing a powerfull spell. “Runos, reiras gegamé!” Clouds were merging above the area, dark clouds. “Hammers of the sky, roar! Strike the evil with heavenly light!” Suddenly thunder roared through the sky and glowing threads of lightning came down, hitting several demons in their face, killing them instantly.

*What in the nine hells is going on!? This can’t be happening. No mortals should be capable of fighting like this, let alone defeating an entire apostle army with just the five of them. I’ll have to step in!* Azra screamed at the sky. She killed her own minions, their corpses slowly moved towards her. Algaran realized what would happen. “Dareth! Take Azra!” Dareth looked behind him and saw Azra consuming every piece flesh near her. “This time, I will put an end to you!” With one jump he landed in front of Azra and stabbed Azra deep in her abdomen. The runes on the sword started to pulse wildly and absorbed countless of souls. “Yes, that’s it!” *Argh! What are you doing!?* “I’m making sure you will never walk the mortal world again!” *It’s no use, mortal. There’s still plenty of meat left on these grounds.* Azra ran to the area where most of the fighting had been. She started to absorb all of the corpses. *What’s this!?” Azra absorbed the corpses, but at the same time she fell apart. Algaran spoke. “Apostle! Without a soul attached to the flesh it will become useless to you, surrender now!”

The entire army was taken out. Everyone approached Azra and held their weapons ready. Azra was surrounded. *You have no idea what you’re up against! Even if you kill me, there will be more, a lot more!* Fleshy wings grew out of her back and she jumped in the air. “You’re not getting away!” Rowe pulled the magical string and aimed for Azra. “Wait!” Algaran tried to stop him but it was too late. The arrow struck Azra in the back, and the demon fell from the sky, into the snow. “Why did you try to stop me, mage!?” “Because I need to know where these others are holding up, we could’ve followed her.” “Sorry Algaran, but I rather see that ***** dead then letting her join up with her kin, to come back again.” The others agreed with Dareth. “Pherhaps you’re right.” Dareth spoke. “Come, let us finish the job.” They walked to dying body of Azra, from up close they could see the entire spine was blown away along with the wings. *Miserable wretches!* “Shaddap..” Dareth lifted his sword up and beheaded Azra. “Algaran.” “Yes, ofcourse.” Algaran casted a spell and set the corpse on fire. “I will do the others aswell.” Soon the sky was filled with stench of burning flesh and smoke.

“Dareth!” Karima jumped on Dareth and held him tightly. “I missed you so much!” Dareth kissed her forehead. “Aye, we missed you too, I..I almost thought we lost you.” Both of them shed a single tear and smiled. Ofcourse Karima had not forgotten about Jadira. “No jumping!” Said Jadira. Karima laughed. “It’s good to be back.” Jadira smiled. “Glad to have you back.” “By the way, I’m happy for the two of you. I already guessed this would happen after the two of you told eachother stories at the campfire. Nice armour too.” “How did you..I mean.. is it that obvious!?” Karima laughed. “It sure is, you got that look all over your face!” Dareth chuckled. “Good, she has not changed a bit.” Algaran stood ready with arms wide open. Karima was not sure what to do. “Come on, sweet Karima, let me feel your youth against my chest. Heeheehee.” While these thoughts went through his head, Algaran had drool dropping from his mouth, but he quickly wiped it away. “Eh Jadira?” “I guess people are not assumed dead all the time, so make an exception, just this time.” Karima chuckled. “I suppose even perverts earn a hug sometimes.” She walked over to Algaran and held him tightly. “Welcome back.” “Thank you Algaran!” Karima was a little confused. “No perverted acts?” Algaran turned around and mumbled something unhearable. Allthough no one saw it, he grinned non stop. “So soft, so big…Mmmm”

“Everyone, let me introduce you to Rowe.” Everyone shook his hand and introduced themselves. “Allow me to introduce someone else. Ungar!” The big white wolf came from behind a tree. He barked. “Come here boy.” Instead Ungar ran at Karima and jumped on her. Soon they were rolling on the ground. “Ever since she came along that wolf just won’t listen….” Everyone couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of Karima and wolf rolling on the ground through the snow. “Ungar no! Not my face!” He barked excitedly and gave Karima a big sloppy lick on her face. “Haha..stop that!”

“Anyway, you should thank Ungar for saving Karima her life. He was the one who found her. Without Ungar she would’ve died from the cold. Ungar, stop it, and come here.” He looked up and ran to Rowe and sat down at his feet. Karima soon followed after she had cleaned her face. “He loves to do that, especially early in the morning when I’m still asleep.” Dareth chuckled. “Looks like you’ve found your equal.” “Haha, yeah..”

“Well I guess that’s it, let’s head back to Alnon. I’ll send word to Bercheros.” Karima looked at Rowe. “Rowe. Will you come too ?” He nodded and smiled. “Sure, why not.” They started to walk, but Karima stood still. Dareth turned around. “Something wrong?” “Yeah, where are the horses?” “They’re probably with Bercheros or Gerard now, we sent them back for their own safety.” “Oh alright!” Karima quickly ran and catched up with the others. “What’s with the sword? I clearly heard it say: Feed me, Slayer.” Jadira asked. Dareth nodded. “Well, it seems it had been laying on the ground on that very same place for centuries. A long time ago a dragon was trapped inside it. That’s probably why it’s so powerfull.” Algaran’s eyes grew. “A dragon?” Dareth nodded. “Yeah, she said her name is Kyros.” “Good heavens!! Is this the blade that trapped Kyros the Dreadwing?” “Hm, you know of it?” “Ofcourse. Allthough you may not know this, my lifespan is different from normal humans. To be exact, I’m Eight-hundred-twenty-three years old.”

“What!? That’s not possible!” Said Dareth. Everyone else made the same kind of expressions. “I understand it may not seem possible nor logical, but it’s the truth. I have lived a long life. Long enough to withhold the carnage Kyros created along five centuries. Three hundred years ago my order enchanted a sword to absorb one single soul. It had to be plunged through one’s heart in order for it to work. A champion named Arobar was sent. He never returned but neither did Kyros. We searched for decades, but we never found one of them. Perhaps the dragon was already stabbed and swallowed Arobar soon after that. Maybe he was sucked in along with the dragon. Who knows.” “Isn’t it dangerous then?” Said Jadira. “I assume it’s not, Dareth was fully in control this time.” Dareth nodded. “Aye, I wielded the blade, not the other way around.”

“He’s right.” Everyone was startled. The sword spoke again. “Previously the power flowed into Dareth and made him lose control, because you mortals can not control the full power of a dragon. This time I fed on so many souls at once, it pulled me from the twisted nether back to consciousness.” “This was never supposed to happen!, we meant to trap you inside, not to give you a new container for your soul to live in.” “I don’t know how this could happen either, but you’d better make good use of me.” Dareth grinned. “You heard the lady.” “I assume you can be trusted.” Said Algaran. “I’m a dragon, mage. Dragons do not lie.” Algaran nodded. “Very well.” “One more thing, slayer. I think In time I will be able to assume my physical form again. Don’t be scared when I do, you’ll still wield me.” Karima her eyes grew. “A real dragon? Will I get to see a real dragon? That’s amazing!” Dareth smiled. “I’ll make sure you’re I’ll feed you well then.” “I will rest for now, call me if needed.”

It took them about two days to reach Alnon. Bercheros and Gerard awaited them. “I told you so..” Gerard laughed. “Stop being so grumpy already and be happy for once. Look who they brought with them.” “The girl.” Bercheros couldn’t help but to smile. “Old man! Gerard!” Bercheros’ smile disappeared right away. “Hasn’t changed one bit…” Dareth approached them. “Oi, we’re back.” While Dareth Algaran and Rowe talked with Bercheros and Gerard, Jadira and Karima headed to the inn’s stables. “See, they are fine.” Karima stroked both Star and Blackmane through their manes. “Meet Stripe.” “Oh, how cute.” Jadira smiled. “Jadira?” “Yes?” “I wondering, what have you and Dareth been doing while I was gone.” Jadira’s face turned red. “That’s none of your business…” Karima laughed. “Oh come one, let’s call it girl talk.” “No, as I said it’s none of your business, secondly you’re to young for…” Now she laughed even harder. “Nevermind, you just pointed out the obvious. Haha.”

Soon everyone went to the inn for a good meal. After everyone was finished, Karima and Rowe told the rest what happened. Everyone was having a good time, and after a lot of hours of catching up it was past midnight, and they decided to go get some sleep. “Tomorrow we will decide where we will go next. But for now, let’s get some rest.” Said Algaran. Karima already slept, and leaned her head on the table. Dareth carried her to her room. Ungar followed them and slept in Karima’s room that night as he refused to leave. Dareth and Jadira went to their own room. Algaran spent the night at Bercheros’ house and gave his inn room to Rowe.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having a few delays here. School is a *****. I'll have the next chapter up in the next two days.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Having a few delays here. School is a *****. I'll have the next chapter up in the next two days.
Take your time. Good things come to those who wait :p

And this is a very good thing XD

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry ^^ I'm just having very little time to write lately. School is a *****, but my gf is not ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom