[Fanfiction]Berserk: The misery.[May contain unstuitable content]

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 7.

*The queen of malice.*

The horses performed their duty well, they carried Dareth and Karima over a great distance, the landscapes changed from dense forests to stretched open planes of grass. Days and miles flew by, and soon they almost reached their final destination.

"Are we almost there yet!?" The horses were running fast and sound of their hoofs hitting ground made the two travellers barely able to hear each other. "I think so, we'll probably see a sign of that castle soon!" And soon the silhouette of the castle rized up against the horizon. Five towers, four surrounding the one in the middle. The towers were a frightening sight to look upon. The area around them started to change as well. Dense mist was hovering above the surface. The road became invisible to them. They slowed down to prevent accidents. Holes or stones might be sticking out of the ground without seeing them.

The castle was near now, and the horses became stressed. Soon they refused to take another step. The trees surrounding them were looking creepy. They had no leafs, nor where there leafs any on the ground taken by the Autumn. Their long dark branches stretched above the path, ready to grab an unwary traveler if they could move. Dareth decided to set the horses lose. "We should not do this, what if something happens to them." Dareth nodded. "You might be right, but they're no any better off in this forest. Once they reach the borders of this cursed place they should be fine." Dareth slapped the horses on their behind and they ran off to the opposite direction of the castle.

By foot they continued, the gate was in sight now. They no saw how enormous the castle was. The middle tower had at least a diameter of 150 feet. "That's probably where our demon leader is holding up." They reached the gate. "Okay, here's what I want you to do, sneak in and inspect the nearby surroundings, if it looks safe give me a sign." Karima put her hood on, and disappeared in the night. She snuck along the walls, and examined the area. It seemed empty, she ran to a place where Dareth could see her, and waved with her hand. Dareth took the same path along the walls and reached her. They stood still and were about to continue. Suddenly eyes appeared in the dark. A lot of them.

*Flesh.* *Mortals* *Humans!* The voices came from all around them. Hellspawn came from every hole and corner. There were at least two-hundred of them. Laughter was echoing within the walls. "Get ready!" Dareth unsheathed his sword and held it in front of him. Karima crossed her daggers, and the familiar glows appeared again. Now they could clearly see what they were dealing with. Horrible creatures varying from shape and size were staring at them, readying themselves for an attack. A brief moment of silence. Nothing but the howling wind was heard. Then all hell broke lose. Dareth chopped, hacked, stabbed and slashed through them. Karima turned many of them in pitiful piles of ash and froze them in place. Although they were no match, they're numbers were countless. Dareth and Karima reorganized and leaned against each other with their backs. "You all right?" Karima was breathing heavily. "I'm okay, but could use pause to catch my breath." Dareth nodded "Heh yeah, these ****ing bastards are weak, but with many." They readied themselves for another attack.

It was desperate, now matter how many they killed, more seemed to appear. Dareth took a few hits but his armour absorbed the damage well. Karima was starting to have trouble dodging the many attacks. "Why don't I have one dagger and magical armour instead of these two daggers... I can't afford to take hits like this!" The fire dagger suddenly started to lighten up, it pulled Karima's hand up, and released a ring of fire around her and Dareth. The ring was growing larger, consuming everything in it's path. Dareth and Karima were awed by the sight of it but then the ring disappeared again. At least half of them were taken out, but the others were now deciding wether they should attack or not. *If that ****ing human does that again, we're all goners!* More agreed with him. *Traitors, kill them!* The cowardous hellspawns were taken out by their own kind. The what seemed to be a commander raised it's weapon and yelled. *In the name of the Queen of Malice, kill them!* Dareth and Karima were defending and attacking again. Many were slain but this time their numbers were shrinking. The commander fell down, he was slain by Dareth's blade. The others now stepped back and decided it was time to run. "Should we chase them?" Dareth shook his head. "No, as I expected they're harmless cowards with the one in command gone."

The entire place was filled smoking piles of ash it reeked of burned flesh. Not many corpses were left as most were swallowed by the ring of fire. "Those daggers of yours, they sure are something, if it wasn't for that fiery ring, we'd be dead or still fighting by now." Karima nodded and held them up. She looked at them. "They might hold even more secrets, too bad that mage did not bother to tell some more about the enchantments."

"We don't have time to think about that, we should be headed for that middle tower, let's find the entrance." Both walked into the castle, they walked through the many halls. Sometimes they saw something moving or running away from them. They were probably remains of the demons army who fled inside. Finally they found a broad arch stairway leading up. "This is probably it. Be on your guard when we reach it, whatever it is. No wait, I want you to stay here. What we're about to face now, is probably more then you can handle, even with those daggers." Karima stood still "What about you Dareth?" Dareth laid his hands on her shoulders. "I made a promise to you Karima. You would never have to be alone again, and I'm not going to break that promise." He held her for a brief moment. "Now stay here and hide. And if something goes up, take it out."

"Very well. I'll protect your back from here."

"Dareth!"

"Yeah?"

"Survive, and return to me."

He nodded. "Of course, I will, I'll be back before you know it."

Karima hid herself behind a statue and watched Dareth heading up the stairs. He was nearing the end now. Just a little more. "This is it!" Two black doors were in front of him . He could vaguely see royal emblems on the doors. "Probably remains of the previous inhabitants." He put one hand on each door and pushed them. They opened easily. In front of Dareth was a very large room. There was web everywhere. Long thick threads of spider silk. There were eight pillars in the room, placed in a circle. Through the web he could see a black throne, made from solid granite. It's design was strange. "That throne is probably not meant for something human..." Some of the webs started to move. "Well thought mortal, that throne is indeed not meant for mere mankind." A female voice came from up high. The room was dark, there was hardly any light. Dareth couldn't see who or what was hiding up there. A pitch black silhouette came down. It was hanging on a spider thread. "The queen I presume." Dareth tried to lure it from the shadows. "Some call me that, yes." The creature approached. Suddenly lightning from outside illuminated the room shortly but long enough for Dareth to see what he was dealing with.

The torso was that of an attractive exotic female creature, her skin flawless and dark blue, with long black hair. Eyes with yellow pupils and black lips. Underneath that was a horrifying spider like body. It had eight long hairy legs and a massive opisthosoma** with silk glands at the end. It was shining black with a white mark on it. Each leg ended in a long sharp blade. The opisthosoma was covered with a thick armour of chitin, it covered the demones her body till the humanoid part's abdomen.

"Do you find me attractive?" She laughed in a twisted way. Dareth was horrified by the very sight of this unholy hybrid from hell. "Stay back!" The creature stepped forward. "Oh really? Just a few moments ago you wanted me to come out of hiding, am I that scary, now that you have seen me, human?" Dareth unsheathed his sword. "Oh, too bad, I thought you and I were about to spend some quality time together, a shame truly. You're such a fine specimen." Dareth leaped at her. "Shut up, you ****ing *****! There is no way that's going to happen!" He raised his sword, but the demones quickly disappeared back into the darkness above.

"Hahaha. Oh really, if that's the case, I won't kill you, I'll spare you and introduce you to my wonderful delights. MY delights!" Dareth looked up but couldn't see a thing. Behind him! The creature was running over the vertical wall behind him and jumped at him with great precision. Dareth thought of the first time he fought the demons, and dropped himself again with the sword up, the demones leaped over him and the sword hit it, but it bounced off. "Pitiful human.. Did you really think that would work? My exoskeleton can not be penetrated, not even with a sword made by the divines." Dareth stood up, and tried to locate it by it's voice. "How did you know it given to me by them, hellspawn?" The voice came from the right. "That sword is, let's say, well known in demon lore. It has slain many of my kin before you, mortal" Dareth turned to the right. "That won't work mortal." Now the voice came from behind. "This is no use, how do I fight something I can not see..." It jumped again, this time without a sound. It hit Dareth's shoulder with four blades, but they also bounced off. "I see, I'm not the only one here with impenetrable armour." The hit was strong enough to pummel Dareth to the ground. He got on his hands and knees, but got kicked over. He hit the wall with his head and his back. "Oh ****, this is not good... If this goes on, I'm a goner." He stood up, but only to get hit again. He rolled through the room hitting a pillar. It broke. "Ahhhh!" It felt like he got hit by a boulder. "That broke at least four ribs, ****!" He held his head with his hands. "Blood." He picked up his sword "A little foolhardy, are we?" The demones approached him, and struck Dareth's sword from his hands. Dareth walked backwards but found out he had nowhere to run. His back was facing a pillar.

"Now, where were we. The demones now stood right in front of Dareth and brought her face near his'. She licked Dareth's face from cheek to forehead with her black tongue. "I smelled your fear, human, and now I tasted it, it was.. delicious!"

"**** off!"

"What's this? I taste something else, it's mortal, human, it's.. female! Now I'm jealous.. Is she dear to you mortal?" Dareth was boiling. "Don't you touch her!" The demones laughed. "Oh, She's near? Let's find her." Dareth regained a little strength. "I won't let you!" He saw his sword and jumped at it, in a side roll he picked up his sword, stood in front of the demones and pointed the sword at her throat. "My, my, you really got me now, I give up." She jumped backwards with great speed. Dareth grinned. "You said you gave up..."

"I lied"

"What a cliché..."

She disappeared again! Dareth looked around him and saw her reappear near the stairway. "Karima! No!" She laughed again. "Maybe she's just as tasty as you, boy. I will spin her in my web and leave her in there for a few days of fun. Spiders make their meal liquid from the inside, and that's what I intend to with her after my little fun" That did it, flames were rising from the ground again and debris was flying up, soon the red flames engulfed Dareth, and the transformation began. The spikes were shooting out again, the armour slowly formed the draconic helm around Dareth's head. It changed colours, gold. The sword was once more surrounded by flame.

"What's this?" Dareth leaped at her, now he could truly utilize the powers of the armour without having to carry someone around. He disappeared in front of the Demones. "He's gone!" And reappeared behind her, with a tremendously powerful slash he penetrated the chitin, and almost cut the opisthosoma in half. "Aaaaaa!" With Agony the demon queen screamed.

Karima covered her ears. "It's horrible and terrifying, yet it sounds as if it's suffering, whatever it is. Dareth is winning. I just know it."

Strange liquid flowed from the hole in the opisthosoma. She quickly spun some sticky silk and glued the gaping wound together again. "Who are you mortal!? That kind of power is not given to mere men, what did you do to be granted such powers!?" Dareth's face was hidden behind the draconic helm, but behind that he was grinning. "I drank my milk." The demones became enraged. "Do not mock me mortal, you will regret it!" Dareth readied himself for another attack. "Wrong! It's you who will regret it, trying to attack what is dearest to me, I will send you back to the abyss, you ****ing hell ***** !" The fire was burning even more intensive then before. Dareth was putting everything he had in this attack. He knew if this attack failed, it would mean his end, and Karima's as well. And a lost chance of getting his revenge. "There's too much at stake, I can not fail! Elena, Morhan, Karima, this is for you." Dareth ran up the wall, and launched himself with a jump of unimaginable speed. He held his sword behind him, ready to cleave the demon in queen in two. "Now!" Dareth swung his sword.

The armour was back to it's normal shape. He lost his consciousness and dropped to the ground. Behind him laid the demon queen. Her humanoid body separated from the spider body. She was dying. She dragged herself over to Dareth and wanted to strangle him. But then she turned to ashes. Karima appeared and threw her fire dagger at the fiend. She ran over to Dareth and took his armour off. She dragged him to a pillar, leaned against her self, and rested Dareth's head on her lap. She saw he was bleeding from the back of his head, she opened his shirt and saw he covered with bruises. One of his ribs was sticking out of his flesh. "Dareth slowly opened one eye as he took a hit with the other one. "Hey kid, how do I look?" He grinned. "Oh Dareth, you look like a mess... Are you all right?" He nodded and ached. "Ahh.. I'll be fine, don't worry, it'll take a while though. But now I gotta take a nap, the armour really did it this time." Dareth closed his eyes and fell asleep, Karima fell asleep along with him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I tell you to stop? >_>

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry :(

Chapter 8.

*Revelations*

Karima woke up, and saw nothing but white, all around her. "Er, Dareth, wake up." Dareth's wounds were gone, he awoke and stood up. "This is the place where it all started! We completed their task!" Karima was a little confused, but she didn't really care. If Dareth was all right with it, then so was she.

"Mortal, welcome once again." The voice was different from before. "It is time we revealed ourselves."

"What the **** is going on!" Dareth and Karima were trembling on their feet, the ground beneath them was shaking. The good natured white slowly turned to red, blood red. Four figures stood on four red pillars in the near distance. Allow us to introduce ourselves to you mortal: I am Void, my fellow Godhand members are, Slan, Ubik and Conrad. Void was wearing a long black robe, and wore a skull on his neck with external brains. Slan was a beautiful woman, covering her body with her black feathered wings. Ubik and Conrad were looking similar, small and misshaped. Ubik was stitched together from pale flesh, while Conrad had a red skin and an evergaping mouth. "We thank you for completing our task mortal." Said the one called Void. Horrible shrieks and laughter were echoing around Dareth and Karima. "I'm asking again, what the **** is going on?!"

Slan was smiling, "Boy, you completed our task so horribly well, it was beautiful." Ice cold chills were running down Karima's spine. "Dareth, what's going on." Ubik approached Karima and hovered around her head. "Let me show you what you have accomplished." Suddenly a large mirror appeared in front of them. "Look in the mirror, and see what you have accomplished."

Normal men, soldiers, were lying dead, slain in the most horrible ways, some of them had severed body parts, others were cleft in twain, or their intestines came out. It was a most horrible sight. "Why are you showing this to us, it's disgusting!" Ubik laughed. "Still not a clue hm?" More visions were shown. This time they saw a beautiful woman cleft in two, her armour was torn to shreds. Her looks resembled that of the demon queen they had slain. Dareth saw the resemblance. "Who is that! She looks like..." Ubik interrupted. "Looks like? Heeheehee, wrong! It is her!" Dareth was shocked, "That's a lie!, what we killed was not a mere human!" Void spoke. "Mortal, not everything is what it seems, you slayed a very strong concentration of good, along with that girl of yours." Dareth was shaking his head, "No that can't be true, I refuse to believe it." Karima was getting more and more scared. "Dareth, what if it's true?" Ubik laughed. "You should listen to her mortal, heeheehee."

"Could it be, did innocents and good people die by our hands? By the Gods, what have we done!" He shook his head again. "But how! How! What we saw and what we touched and what we killed could not have been these visions. HOW!?" Ubik spoke again. "Mortal, we control the destiny of mankind. It was us who murdered your relatives, or should we say, we gave the order. With this done, we could be sure we could let you sink deeper and deeper, until not a shred was left of you. That's when we started to manipulated your mind. Instead of mere men, you saw hellspawn. All of them were illusions covering the truth. We even made sure you would meet with the girl, you would've not been able to do it without her."

"Elena!, Morhan! That was your doing?" Dareth's anger was rising. He tried to unsheathe his sword, but it was gone. "Not only did the girl take them off, we already took the armour and the weapon back mortal, there's no chance of fighting your way out of this." Said Void. "Mortal, we thank you for your accomplishment, but we have other business to attend to now. With that large concentration gone, you broke the balance of good and evil. We shall now enter your mortal world and shape it to what we like it to be. Of course you shall be thanked for this, mortal. We shall send you to a place where you can wield that unsatisfiable bloodlust of yours forever." Slan laughed and opened a portal in front of them. They got sucked in. "Be well... hahaha!"

"Brace yourself Karima!", Dareth held Karima tight to him. They fell high, from a fiery sky. "Water!" They fell in and tasted it, this was no water, it was blood! They fell in a lake of blood! They swam up, and breathed the air in. Karima vomited, the air was filled with the overwhelming stench of death. They climbed out of the lake and then saw where they had gone to. It was an endless surface of corpses. Dareth and Karima recognized them, the were the corpses from the visions. "Dareth, were are we, what's going on." She cried. "I don't know where we are, but from the looks of it, this must be Hell."

"How did these corpses ended up here, if they were good natured they should have went to the other place! What is going on here? ****!" Some of the corpses were standing up and walked or crawled to Dareth and Karima. "Slayer..., come here slayer, we will now reap your body as you reaped ours." Their dead bodies slowly approached the two. Dareth kicked one in the face, and it's head fell off, he took it's weapon and started bashing in the others. Karima was on her knees. "Get up! Defend yourself." Karima stood up and fought with tears in her eyes, she still had her daggers. But it was no use, their attackers were already dead, no matter how many they took down, they put themselves together again and returned. "It's no use... We can't hold this up forever." He remembered Voids words.

"We shall send you to a place where you can wield that unsatisfiable bloodlust of yours forever."

So this is the destiny you made for me.. I wish I really died that day, not only am I truly lost now. I dragged her along with me, because of me, she will suffer the same as I will, this misery.." Dareth dropped on his knees, he gave up! Karima ran over to him. "Dareth!, get up, fight!" He shook his head, "It's no use, no matter how many we take down, they will keep returning, until we run out of hope.." Karima dropped down and held him, "Then I will give up too.. We will suffer, but at least we are together." Dareth held her tightly to him. They both closed their eyes, holding each other, ready to be torn apart by the animated corpses. "No matter what happens, thank you for taking me with you Dareth." Said Karima. "Thank you for coming with me, Karima."

But no matter how long they closed their eyes, nothing happened. When they opened their eyes, the living dead were once again laying on the ground. "A nightmare?" Dareth shook his head, "We're still in this cursed lace, and It feels to real to be a nightmare." They stood up. "So, what now Dareth?" Dareth started walking. "Where are you going?"

"I honestly don't know, but staying or go somewhere else doesn't seem to make a difference, we might as well go somewhere, wherever that is."

"Slayer.. You're not going anywhere" They behind them and saw her standing. The woman from the visions. She was covered with blood. She had a horrible wound on her back and was sown together near her abdomen. "Well done slayer.. You killed my comrades and me. You sent us all to hell, thanks to you, the mortal realm will soon stop existing and be turned into a hell like this." Dareth stood up, "I did not send you to hell woman!" She laughed in agony. "That lovely sword of yours, in common tongue it's called 'Mournbringer', everything it kills is sent to hell, wether they are good or evil."

"What have I done.. Not only did they die by my hands, it was me who sent them here." He dropped on his knees.

The woman cried. "Amongst the dead were my two brothers, Archon and Nos, for killing them I will let you die over and over again for an eternity. My name is Jadira, remember it well, you will be slain by her many times along with that girl." She slowly approached Dareth wielding her sword. She held the sword up and striked down on Dareth.

Someone or something parried the attack. It was a mounted warrior. He was covered in black armour. Underneath the armour was probably nothing but bones, as the warrior had a fleshless skull on it's neck. "Who are you!?" Said Jadira. "I once had a name, but I now longer remember it, you may call me skullknight." Dareth stood up. "What is going on, even in hell you Gods are not leaving me alone!" The skullknight laughed. "A God? me? No, I despise the Godhand as much as you do, that's why I will help you." Jadira became angry, blood kept pouring out of her wounds. "Help them! Look at what they've done to me, to the others laying here, around us. They don't deserve any help!" Skullknight looked at Jadira. "Hold your tongue before you judge someone, the same goes for your weapon." Skullknight reached for it, and Jadira's weapon hovered to Skullnight's hand and it broke in two. "Now, you two have made a mess of the mortal world, but I will take you back if you restore it to what it's supposed to be." Dareth stood up, he grinned "I just sent a legion of good men to hell, I helped the darkness to invade my world and I ended up in hell with the people I have slain. It possibly can't get any worse then this, count me in." Karima nodded. "He won't be going anywhere without me. Count me in as well."

Skullknight approached Jadira. "What about you?" Jadira looked up at the mounted warrior. "What about me?" The skullknight unmounted and now stood in front of her. "It's within my power to take one more with me, to the mortal world. Those two will need all the help they can get, paladin." Jadira shook her head. "That face will forever remind of the murderer of my brothers, I can't help." Skullknight’s eyes lighted up green. "You're judging him by his recent actions, and I understand that. However, in his eyes, he was doing the right thing. Beings with endless powers made him look otherwise, he did not slay your brothers, something else did." Jadira was considering things, "What about these wounds I have, wouldn't I die right away if I go back to the world of the living?"

"Will you help them?" said Skullnight again. "But what about..." Skullknight interrupted her, "I will ask you again, Jadira will you help them?" She sighed, I will help them, if it helps making things right. But .don't expect me to.." Skullknight mounted and before Jadira could finish he said:" So be it! You will be sent back." Skullknight pulled a sword from his mouth. "This is the sword of resonance, it can rip holes in dimensions, making it possible to travel from one to another." He drew a circle with the sword, it created a black portal, he pointed at it. Dareth and Karima approached it and went through. Jadira followed soon thereafter.

"Where are we?" In front of Dareth and Karima was a large castle. Four towers and one in the middle. The castle was imposing. "Don't you recognize it?" Jadira appeared, fully unscathed. "That middle tower was where we last fought, slayer." Dareth looked at her. Now he saw what she really looked like. Dareth was awed. She was beautiful. Her blond hair was dancing in the wind. Her bright blue eyes, her lively face, and red lips. She was a little taller then Karima. "My name is Dareth, but if you want to call me that, I understand." Karima looked at the castle again. "Why does it look so different from before, even the woods surrounding it look peaceful now."

"Before we do anything, first let me do this." Dareth got on his hands and knees and kept his head down. "I'm sorry for killing your brothers, sorry for killing your comrades, and I'm sorry for killing you." She turned around. "Your apologies mean nothing to me, you can never make up for what you have done to me. Once this is done, we will be enemies again." Dareth nodded. "Yes, I understand."

"How rude... You better accept his apologies, lady!. Or you won't be seeing any help from my side!" Jadira chuckled. "I don't need help from you, little girl. You two will need my help, not the other way around." Karima got angry. "Why you hrmbl." Dareth quickly covered her mouth. "It's all right, she has all the right to blame us, after all everything died by our hands." Karima nodded. "I suppose you're right, but still."

Dareth broke the silence. "We need supplies and weapons." Karima smiled. "I still have everything." He nodded. "But I don't and neither does she." Jadira looked at her armour. It was dented and ripped open at the back and stomach. "You're right." She removed the chest piece carefully. And suddenly took it all off. "Why are you taking everything off, the rest was still intact." Karima nodded. "I refuse to wear it any longer, it's covered with the blood of my fallen comrades!" Now she was wearing nothing but some thin silken cloth. "Take this, you'll catch a cold like that." Dareth threw his cloak at Jadira. Even though she did not want to take it at first, the sudden cold wind made her realize he was right. She put it around her. "We should head for Woodsworth. It's probably the nearest town from here." Karima nodded. Dareth started walking with Karima next to him. Jadira was walking behind them, still not quite fond of Dareth. It took them a few hours to reach the edge of the forest. They had reached the green hills. "Would you look at that..." Karima pointed to one of the hills. Two horses were grazing. They looked up and saw Dareth and Karima. They obviously liked the two as they immediately ran to them. Dareth smiled. "So they made it." The horses were welcomed warmly by Karima, she smiled and laughed, and both horses received a hug with a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for waiting for us, my friends." Dareth chuckled. "Don't scare them off now." Karima sticked out her tongue at Dareth and chuckled along with Dareth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very nice twist in this one. I like the use of the familiar chars, this kinda feels like it's a prequel as to why Berserk's world is so fuked up.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 9.

*The attack.*

Dareth mounted the horse called Star while Karima and Jadira were riding Blackmane. Karima gave them names, as she grew quite attached to the horses, when they were last together. Star was a sturdy looking brown bridle. Blackmane was a heavy built black stallion. Hence why Karima and Jadira mounted him. He did not seem to be bothered by the extra weight. Soon they reached the edge of the Woodsworth forest. Two more days and they would reach Woodsworth. They drank from the creeks and ate whatever they could. One day Dareth had seen a wild boar. He jumped off the horse and started to chase it. Karima excitedly followed him. Jadira stayed behind with the horses. Soon Dareth returned with the dead boar on his shoulders. Jadira looked up surprised. "You catched it?" Karima smiled. "Yep, but not thanks to Dareth here, ey Dareth?"

"Why don't you rub it in even more." Karima chuckled "While Dareth was parrying with the creature with his bare hands, I picked up some rocks and threw them at the boars head. The boar dropped dead after he third one, leaving Dareth quite surprised." Jadira turned her head and pretended to be coughing. "Fine, you killed it, now let's have some diner shall we, we haven't had a decent meal for almost two days now." Dareth gathered some wood while Jadira and Karima pierced the boar with a stick and hung it two feet above the ground. Dareth returned with enough wood to keep the fire burning for the rest of the night. They roasted the boar meat and soon they were all stuffed. That night Dareth kept the fire burning, while Jadira and Karima were sleeping on big piles of leafs, serving as mattresses.

"Uwaa..." Dareth yawned constantly. "You should have slept tonight." He yawned again. "If I did, you two would have catched a cold by now." It was early in the morning, the sun was still hiding behind the horizon. Dareth was stretching a bit. "We have two days left. I took some of the meat with me, it will be enough to have one more meal. We will arrive at dawn in Woodsworth tomorrow, I think I might know of someone who can help us out a bit."

"The mage? You think he will let us in?"

"I no longer have the armour or the sword, he might let us in again." Karima nodded. "Let's get going then." Karima kicked Blackmane in the side. "Go!" They travelled through the forests. All the leafs had fallen now. The forest was empty and quiet, everything had gone to hibernation, everything else was hiding from these travellers. "It sure is quiet isn't it?" Dareth nodded. "Yeah, Winter is near, I wouldn't be surprised to see the snow falling down here anytime soon." That day everything went quite smooth, and they continued till the sunset. Karima was leading the horses by their reins to a nearby creek and let them drink. Dareth was making a bonfire again. Jadira sat against a tree, and was looking at Dareth. They ate their meals, and went to sleep soon. Dareth tried to stay awake again but fell asleep this time.

Next day they reached Woodsworth by dawn like Dareth predicted they would. They went to the mage's jewellery. But no one was there. There was a note on the counter.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
Dareth.

I know of the situation you're currently in. Take the silver in the lowest drawer underneath the counter, get a room in the inn, and meet me at the smith tomorrow.

p.s. There are warm clothes for all three of you in the backroom if you need them.

Algaran.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

"How does he do that..."

"Well, he is a mage after all." Said Karima. Dareth scratched his head. "Can mages even sense beyond the very gates of hell then?" Karima went to the backroom. "Maybe, but that does not matter now. We should follow the instructions and be on our way as soon as possible. Dareth nodded. "You're right kid, let's get some proper rest first." He opened the drawer and reached for the brown pouch. "He's not exactly generous... This is just enough for one night and nothing more." Karima chuckled. "No mead for you Dareth." Jadira was waiting outside, Karima brought her some cloths. She took them without a sign of gratitude. "How rude..." Karima went back inside. "Do we have to take her with us?" Dareth looked up. "We'll have to put up with her, that bone guy told us we would need all the help we could get." Karima nodded. "Oh well, she's a tough fighter probably, that fight between you and her took ages." Dareth nodded. "Come, we should go the inn." Dareth walked outside with Karima following him. Jadira was still waiting, with her new cloths on.

They arrived at the inn. Dareth ordered one room. "Don't even think about it, make that two rooms." Dareth was grinding with his teeth. "Fine, two rooms it is. We'll be seeing you tomorrow, early." Dareth gave her the key to her own room and walked to his own room with Karima. "Stupid *****.. Next time she can sleep outside with the dogs."

Karima was humming a tune. "Shut it." Karima was startled. "What did I do?"

"Nothing, I'm still bothered by what she said. Now don't have any coin for breakfast." Dareth turned around "Get some sleep now, we will leave early while it's still dark"

That night everyone slept well.

It was still pitch-dark, Dareth mounted Star again while Karima and Jadira mounted Blackmane. They soon disappeared in the night. While on their way, Dareth saw the spot where he and Karima were attacked by the bandits. "Wait here, I’ll be right back." Dareth jumped off Star and soon came back with two shortswords and two chainmail chestpieces. He gave one sword and one chest piece to Jadira. "Take these, you might need them." The chainmail was rather large for Jadira and she gave it back. Dareth put on the chainmail chest piece, and attached the shortsword to his belt. "Okay let's go." They continued to the smith's place. After a while it was getting lighter. Light was coming through the trees.

There was someone on the road, wearing a long black robe and hood. It stood still. "Dareth gestured Jadira to slow down. They stood near the hooded person now. Suddenly it took it's hood off. It was the face of a demon *It's you! Why are you here!? How did you go back!?* It fled, Dareth pursuit it. "Stay here!" After an hour or two he finally returned. "I lost it, it went into the swamps North-East of here. We should head after and try to kill it somehow, if it warns anything else, we could be in big trouble in our current situation. Come on, follow me" Jadira and Karima followed Dareth. After an hour they reached the edge of the swamp. They bound the horses by their reins, and made sure they had plenty of food within their reach.

"Be careful, an innkeeper told me most people don't return from this place once they go in." Karima complained. "Great, then why are we going in? Maybe that scary hooded guy has drowned already, and we might end up doing the same."

"I know this could be dangerous, but we have to do it."

They searched all day long, but did not find a thing. The sun was setting, by the time they got back, they were all wet. Many times they were caught by surprise. The swamp was treacherous, and did not let them wade through her easily. "Got any more bright ideas, slayer?" Dareth was obviously pissed off for not finding the demon. "Shut up woman, I don't need your sarcasm!" Karima agreed with Jadira though. "We should have gone to the smith instead of wondering around in that wretched swamp. Look at us, we're all wet and cold while it's almost winter and night soon falls." The horses neighed as if they were agreeing as well.

"You two stay here, I'll manage some wood for a fire." Dareth ran off angry. He started gathering wood, and suddenly heard screams. He dropped the wood and ran back to the camp. Jadira and Karima were surrounded. The creature from before was also there, obviously leading the attack. "Dareth! Help us!" Dareth unsheathed the shortsword and threw in the face of one of the demons, it pierced through it's head and it dropped dead. Dareth picked up the much larger sword the demon was wielding and started to attack again. Karima and Jadira attacked as well. Karima dodged and fried or froze them as usual. Suddenly Jadira dropped to the ground, her sword was broken. A large demon with a big battle axe had struck her to the ground. Another one appeared with a big club, and was about to hit Jadira in the face. Dareth jumped in and took the hit. He stood up, his back was aching all over. "Get up!"

"Why did you do that! I could've handled it!" Jadira stood up. "I don't give a ****, stop talking and fight already!" Dareth threw another sword at he, she catched it and started fighting again. "I did not ask for your help, you bastard! Next time just leave me be!"

"I said, I don't give a **** already, focus on the fight and shut the hell up!" Dareth leaped to the one in command and pierced his head through the eye with the sword. He rolled over to dodge a hit, and accidentally grabbed something from the ground, it was a big two handed sword, just the way he liked his swords. He started swinging with the sword. *Malleus Consumus! Malleus Consumus! run while you can!* The demons fled. "Get them!" Dareth ached all over while saying it. "We should tend to your wounds Dareth. Let them run." Karima looked at Jadira. "What about you?" Jadira looked the other way. "Just a few bruises."

"Agh!" Karima touched the large bruise on Dareth's back. "Did you get hit by a boulder or something?" Dareth nodded. "Sure felt like it. But let's a get a fire started first." Dareth walked back to the place where he dropped the wood, Karima followed him and helped him carrying the wood back to the horses. "She sure is ungrateful."

"Yeah, she's got an attitude all right. Oh by the way, I think I saw a creek up ahead, when you're done carrying the wood, get us some water all right?" Karima nodded. "Yes sir!" Dareth chuckled. They carried the wood to the camping place. Karima took a water pouch from one of the saddlebags, and headed for the creek Dareth mentioned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When are more naked ladies gonna appear... :(

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 10.

*Past revealed.*

Dareth was stacking the wood, and was waiting for Karima to return. Her daggers were a handy tool to create a bonfire. Jadira was leaning against a tree, holding her wrist. "What's with the wrist?" She looked away and ignored Dareth. "Oh, so now you're angry because I saved you life? Guess what, it will happen a lot more often if you fight like that." She turned her head back to Dareth. "Shut up! I don't need your help, nor do I need your sarcasm!" Dareth grinned. After a while Jadira cooled down a bit. "It's probably twisted because of that axe."

"Twisted what?"

"My wrist, you asked about it, there's your answer." Dareth was done stacking the wood. He turned his back to Jadira and sat down, waiting for Karima to return.

"What made you do it?" Dareth turned around. "Do what?

"Killing me, my comrades, my brothers."

"Like I would tell that to you." Dareth turned his back to Jadira again. "I'm pretty sure I have the right to hear it after being killed by you."

"Fine, if it pleases you that much."

"It does."

"Three years ago, I had a wife and son. Elena and Morhan, we lived near a small village in the mountains. After I made enough money in my mercenary life, I wanted to settle down. I met Elena and married her, Morhan was born soon after that. One night we were attacked in our very own house, and taken captive to a dungeon of some sort." Dareth sighed, he was obviously having trouble telling it. "While we were captive, my wife was tortured, raped and killed in front of me, my son was repeatedly stabbed to death, he was only three years old. I was chained and couldn't help in the very least bit. After being roughed up, I was left for dead. I managed to escape by dragging myself out of that place after they left." Jadira was stunned. This was not what she had expected. "Three years later, about two weeks ago, I committed suicide, at least I tried..." Jadira was shocked now. "Suicide, him?" Dareth continued. "I was saved by them, but I guess it was all part of their plan."

"Them?" Dareth nodded. "The ones responsible for this mess, they gave me assignments and promised me revenge, for Elena and Morhan being killed. I was desperate and accepted it. My mission was eliminating demons and their kin. I met Karima on my way to these assignments. After I did this, I found out they were responsible for the deaths of my wife and son. It was all part of their ****ing plans. They showed me their thanks by throwing Karima and me in the hells."

Karima had already returned but was listening behind a tree. "How much did you hear?" Karima showed herself, and she was crying. "Why didn't you tell me Dareth? Why didn't you tell me?" He walked over to Karima. It's all right, I just didn't want to burden you with this." Karima fell in Dareth's arms and leaned her head against Dareth's chest.

Jadira felt really small after this. She remembered Skullknight’s words.

"You're judging him by his recent actions, and I understand that. However, in his eyes, he was doing the right thing"

"I understand now, he was doing the right thing...in his eyes."

They warmed the meat from the day before in the fire Karima had made with the dagger. Non of them spoke that evening. Jadira did not sleep that night, Dareth's story had left quite an impact. Dareth was still awake as well, keeping the bonfire burning. Karima was sleeping near the fire, next to Dareth. Jadira sat up. "I.. Today, I mean. I might have been..." Dareth was poking in the fire with a burning stick. He looked at Jadira. "Something wrong?" She shook her head, "No, or yes. I was wrong. I think I understand now. Anyone put in a similar situation, would probably have walked the same path as you did. I think I can forgive you, but I will never forget it. And thank you for saving my life today." Dareth was quite surprised and did not expect this by the least bit. "Thank you for forgiving me." He said. Jadira looked down. "There's one more thing."

"What is it?"

She stood up. "Can I sit next to you? I'm cold" She was shivering all over. "Err sure." Dareth did not know what to think of it. "What has gotten into her all of the sudden, could it be just because she's cold?" She walked to Dareth and sat down next to him, with Dareth's cloak around her. Suddenly she spoke "I lost my parents when I was young, what about you, do you still have parents?" Dareth shook his head. "I'm an orphan, I never knew my parents, I fled from the orphanage when I was eleven years old and worked here and there, until I ended up being a mercenary." She looked at Dareth. "An orphanage, what is that like?" Dareth had a look on his face as if he had bad memories coming. "Normally they take in kids who no longer have parents, and take care of them. This one was a little different. Here we had to take care of the owners as well. That's why I fled." Jadira was disgusted. "Why would anyone allow something like that, you should have warned the authorities." Dareth shook his head. "No, the who also successfully escaped that place and tried, were sent back and horribly punished."

Dareth poked the fire again. "So what was your youth like?" For a moment she got a sad look on her face. "As I said, my parents died when I was young. Because of that I was sent to my brothers. However, Archon nor Nos had no interest in a little sister. They were great soldiers of the Knights Of The Holy Chain, and would rather train all day, instead of looking out for me. So I decided to become one of these knights myself. In secret I was practicing with one of my brothers' swords. Years passed by, and when I turned eighteen I applied to join the Knights Of The Holy Chain, at first I was not taken serious, until I challenged one of the stronger looking knights."

"You defeated him and were accepted?" She nodded. "Yes, I was accepted and slowly climbed to the position of supreme commander as my skills were undeniable, even for a woman. It was the highest rank possible. Serving directly underneath the archbishop . This enraged my brothers so much, from that moment they never spoke to me again. I guess I was not accepted by anyone, no one ever talked to me besides obeying me."

"You're pretty tough, I can't deny that. You gave me one hard time in that castle. If it wasn't for my armour, I would've been killed instead. Also I don't really know what happened exactly. My vision was troubled by filthy tricks. From what I saw, you were about to go after Karima, that triggered my armour to power up." She was surprised.

"Really? I did not even know she came with you, until I saw her with you in that horrid place. You two are pretty close right?" Dareth nodded. "She's like a little sister to me. I love her and I would sacrifice myself for her at anytime." Karima smiled, although Dareth and Jadira did not notice it, she was awake due to them talking. She quietly whispered "Same to you, big brother."

"I'm a little envious here, I don't have anyone like that." She stared in the fire. "Well, maybe, in time we could become friends." Said Dareth as he laid his hand on her shoulder. Jadira suddenly looked the other way. "Could this be happening? Can I actually befriend someone who killed my brothers and my comrades, not to mention myself. No, I can no longer blame him for killing me anymore, since I’m alive again, yet he still killed a lot of innocent men. No! Remember what he told you earlier! It's not his fault. Someone else was wielding 'him' instead of him wielding that blade. A friend?, I never even had one real friend. None of my former comrades even talked to me like he just did, while he obviously still feels terribly guilty, even after I forgave him, I even threw the help he gave me in his face. None of my former comrades would have done that, not even my brothers." She turned her head to Dareth, blushing even more then before. "I would like that, Dareth." She smiled and leaned her head against Dareth's shoulder. "Ouch, be gentle with that, it nearly got pulverised."

"She's not like I thought she would be. She's actually nice. By the way, she even called me by my name this time. Heh, I guess this also for the best, if we want to fight along each others sides." Dareth poked the fire again. "Do you realize you just called me by my name?" No answer. "Oi." Then he saw she was sleeping. He smiled. "Sleep well, both of you."

That morning Karima woke up and decided to make breakfast. Jadira saw her, and decided to help. Karima told her, she heard everything, Jadira and Dareth said last night.

Jadira was kind of startled at first, but felt comfortable as Karima offered her a handshake. "If you're going to be friends with Dareth, you'll have to put up with me as well, so what do you say?" Jadira gladly accepted and returned the handshake.

Dareth woke up, he saw Jadira was no longer leaning against him. He did smell something good though. "What's cooking?" He stood up and saw Jadira and Karima preparing breakfast. "Heh, that kid probably heard everything." Jadira made up with Karima as well, as they were talking and giggling. He did not have to guess what they were

talking about, as they were speaking up loud.

"Really, it was in his boot?" Karima nodded and laughed. "Yeah, and then he gave it to me, probably afraid he would pull something off like that again." Both of them laughed.

"Hey you, traitor!" Karima looked up and saw Dareth wasn't angry as he pretended to be. "Traitor? You want breakfast or not?" Dareth felt the girls were about to team up on him and gave in. "No fair."

"I take it someone else wasn't sleeping as well last night?" Karima chuckled. "Rmblflight." As usual she was talking with her mouth full again. "Nevermind.. I'll take that as a yes." Dareth started his breakfast. "Not bad, where did you get all this?" Karima was done eating. "We still had a little boar meet left. Jadira got some berries and turnips from the woods and the ground. I remembered a flat stone laying near the creek when I got the water yesterday. I made a fire and we baked everything on the stone. Dareth saw the rock laying on three other rocks as supports, beneath it was the fire, still burning. "You two could make breakfast more often for me." Jadira looked up. "Oh really?

Be careful then, we might accidentally pour it over your head." Karima chuckled.

The sword was laying near the place Dareth slept last night. He walked over to it. "Let's have a look at you shall we?" The sword's hilt was red. The blade was black as a starless night with carvings in it, they had the same colour as the hilt. "You sure scared them off. I did not even touch any of them yet." Suddenly a dark aura was swirling from the hilt to the top of the blade. Dareth dropped it. "What the!" The aura disappeared the moment Dareth let go of it. "Looked a lot like smoke." Said Karima who was standing behind him. "Are you sure you want to take it with you?"

"If it scares of demons, hell yeah!" Dareth shredded his shirt into one long piece. He wrapped the sword in it. Before he put his chainmail back on, Karima noticed the big bruise on Dareth's back. It was the size of a head. "You really should have this looked at Dareth. Or at least let me cool it down with some water." Said Karima after carefully touching it again.

"There's a doctor in that village, I'll have it looked at there. Same goes for your wrist." He looked at Jadira, she nodded. "We must hurry now, they probably expected us yesterday already." They mounted their horses, and were riding as fast as they could. Smoke was rising up, from a small clearing Dareth saw the familiar buildings from the village. It took them four hours to reach it. They slowed down when they reached village. As they entered it, the smith and Algaran were coming out from the smithy.

"Karima, bring the horses to the inn, and have them taken care off." Dareth and Jadira approached Algaran. Algaran looked at Jadira. "Welcome my child, it was an unfortunate turn of events that brought you here, but it looks like you will pull through after all. I am Algaran." The smith stepped forward. "Most people call me smith, the ill mannered two call me old man. But you may call me Bercheros." Jadira bowed and introduced herself as well.

"You never even introduced yourself, old man! So how should I know your name" Bercheros chuckled again. "Because even if you knew my name, you would just call me old man, like now." Karima came back and heard what Bercheros said and chuckled. "Good to see you, old man!" Bercheros shook his head. "She really should spent less time with you." Dareth laughed and laid his hand on Karima's head. "She's fine the way she is now."

Algaran was staring at Jadira. "What are you looking at!?" Algaran quickly turned his face. "Nothing, nothing." Karima was getting suspicious. "Hmm, He's a mage with all these weird powers, and she's a woman.. Wait a minute!" Karima stood between Jadira and Algaran. "Just what were you looking at really!? You pervert!" Algaran did a few steps backwards. "Don't jump to such conclusions, I'm a respectable mage and I would never use my powers for such things as seeing through someone's.. Uh oh.." Karima gave him a slap on the cheek, and another one followed from Jadira. "Pervert.."

"I fear we don't have time to get all comfortable with each other, follow us." Bercheros walked inside the smithy with Algaran behind him. They followed them. Becheros opened a locked steel door and lighted a torch in his forge. Behind the door was a stairway. "They sure like basements, these two..." Dareth and the others followed Bercheros. They reached a large and very warm room. There was a big black forge in the middle, and a two handed hammer leaning against it. Karima remembered Algaran's story. "Are those the enchanted hammer and forge?" Algaran nodded. "Yes they are, You have a keen memory." There was an armour stance in the room. A dark armour set was hanging in it. "Dareth, if you would follow me." Bercheros approached the armour and took the chest piece. Dareth was standing next to him. "Try it on."

Dareth took his chainmail off and gave it to Bercheros. He put it on. "Fits perfectly, and it's so light, what's it made from?" Bercheros sighed. "From last big chunk of adamant I had left. Algaran ordered me to do it." Dareth was awed. "A complete suit of adamant?" Bercheros nodded. "That's right boy, but that's not all. Algaran stepped forward. "I enchanted it with the element of wind. You can walk around in it without even feeling it's weight." Bercheros approached the forge. He looked at Jadira. "Now that I no longer have any adamant left, I might as well give you the hammer. Be careful when you use it, it's powerful enough to cause a small earthquake." Jadira walked over the
forge, she picked up the hammer and held it in the air. "It's made from the lightest metal I had back then in the smithy, to make it wieldable for this kind of work. It's as light as copper, but solid and strong as the toughest granite." Jadira bowed again, "Thank you Bercheros." The smith chuckled. "Hah, you should teach those bumpkins some manners!" Karima showed her tongue, and walked over to Dareth.

"Ah, so this is where Karima's daggers come from, right?" Bercheros nodded. "Crafted by me."

Dareth was wearing the full set, a closed helm, a chest piece, bracers, gauntlets, legpieces and plated boots. He unwrapped the sword and leaned it on his shoulder. "Wow, you're a scary sight like this, Dareth." Karima looked at him. Algaran looked at the sword. "Now just where did you get that, you sure have a talent for acquiring strange items Dareth. Let me take a look at this one." This time the mage was able to hold it himself. "We got ambushed last night by a group of demons, one of them probably dropped it, as I found it on the ground."

"I can not clearly sense the kind of enchantment on this one, but it's probably meant for slaying demon kin. Did anything strange happen with it."

"Yeah, there was pitch-black smoke coming from the blade this morning when I held it."

"Be sure to keep an eye on it then." Dareth nodded. "I will."

Suddenly noise came from above, the group ran up the stairs, with Bercheros slowly following them, he was not exactly fit enough for running up a stair. They ran through the doorway and what was happening. The village was under attack !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel, next chapta pwease. =x

Best answers
YoU YoU Great Story plz post more next chapter :)) i missed something on the tv for reading this=))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never looked at this fan fic/fight club forum before, now that i have, i find this thread :D nice work Coldy, ganbatte!!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 11.

*Preparations and bathing*

The village was being attacked by demons, eight of them. Two houses were on fire, and they were now heading for the inn. "Probably remains of the bastards we fought before." Dareth leaped at one of them, and chopped it's head of. Smoke was coming from the corpse in the shape of the demon and it was being sucked in by the sword.

"What is this sword, did it just absorb a soul?" Algaran saw it too, "A soul eater. Dareth, slay as many as you can with that sword!" Bercheros finally came outside as well. Dareth's blade was sucking up every single one of them, and started to pulse red wildly. It was almost like it was roaring now.

"Lass, why don't you try out my hammer on one of them? Hit the ground to activate it's power." Jadira nodded, she hit the ground and ran towards one of them. It was the one with the axe that broke her sword earlier. "Payback time, son of a *****." The demon swung it's axe at Jadira. She shattered the axe to pieces and went right through it hitting the demon in it's chest. It was thrown through the air with great speed, eventually hitting a tree. The demon already died by the enormous impact of the hammer when it hit its chest, but hitting the tree really finished the job. It splattered all over the place. Dareth had killed of all of them but one, after it saw he was the only one left, he tried to flee, but went up in flames. "Karima?" Algaran chuckled. "That would've been me, my hands were getting a little rusty."

The sword turned back to his original black colour. "It felt like it was getting more and more lethal, every slash after the other was deeper and faster. It was if it's ability to kill increased with every kill." Algaran nodded. "A very appropriate sword or fighting large groups of demon kin."

Jadira looked very satisfied with her hammer. "I see you like it, hm?" She nodded, "Yes, but I still lack some protection from getting hit." Bercheros was touching his beard.

"Oh, wait, I almost forgot." He walked to the back of the shop and returned with a chainmail suit for Jadira. "I quickly made this after I finished Dareth's armour, it is made from the finest steel I had. It should fit you. If not I'll adjust it right away." Jadira put the chainmail over her clothes. "Here, take this too." Bercheros gave her a belt to hold the hammer in. The chainmail suit seemed to fit well. "The waist should be a little tighter, if I jump like this, it will, well you know." The smith chuckled "Very well lass, take it off and I'll start on it right away, meanwhile you guys should freshen up. I don't think the inn will be open for a while after all this commotion. There's a small river with fresh water coming from the mountains, it's nearby, just head west from the smithy here and you'll find it." The girls wanted to go first. "Go ahead, I'll wait here."

Jadira and Karima found it soon. Jadira undressed first. She was looking well shaped. Her body was rounded yet slightly muscular, her breasts were a little bigger then Karima's and her thighs were well rounded, obviously an adult woman. Karima looked at her and thought. "For a woman, she sure is a sight." Karima undressed right after her and showed her well developed body. "Come in, the water is lovely."

"And so are you." Algaran was peaking from behind a tree. "Both of you are lovely." He chuckled, and he almost had drool falling from his mouth. Suddenly he felt something tapping his shoulder. He turned around. "Dareth? I was just checking if the girls were safe, it can be quite dangerous for two young women to go into the woods alone." Dareth shook his face. "Am I in trouble?" Dareth nodded.

Suddenly the girls heard someone fighting near them. "You sick bastard! Next time I'll kill you!" The girls covered themselves up with their hands and were looking where the fight was. They saw Dareth. "Dareth! What do you think you're doing there!?" Algaran quickly sneaked away. "What! me!? I was, I am, I mean, hey! where did that bastard go!?" Dareth did not even notice himself, he was staring at them. Karima and Jadira were both getting angry at him "Get the hell away from here! First that mage, and now you!" "Dareth!" Karima yelled. He turned around. "I was not spying on you, woman! That old pervert was sitting behind a tree, and I caught him."

"Then where is he now!?"

"How should I know, he got away after you caused a ruckus!" He walked away and sought for the mage on his way to the village. When he saw Bercheros working at the smithy he approached him. "Hey old man, where's that pervert!"

"Oh, you mean Algaran? I think he was headed to the inn, he seemed to be in a hurry if you ask me."

"And he should be." Dareth was looking enraged as he got blamed for what Algaran did, and headed straight to the inn. He opened the door and looked inside. "We're not open sir. Ah, Dareth it's you, good to see you're back." "Hey Gerard, good to see you, have you seen a weird guy in a blue robe going inside?" "Actually, he just climbed through that window. Is he a friend of yours?" Dareth nodded with an angry grin. "He sure is!" Dareth walked over the window. "Now where did he go!? Forget it.., when the girls return, and he will show up, he'll get his fair share." Dareth walked back to the smithy and watched Bercheros working on the chainmail. Suddenly he felt the pain on his back again. "You should visit the doctor here, boy." "Yeah, It was one hell of a hit, I'll have it looked at." The smith was still busy working on the chainmail. "Don't rush

yourself, I'm not going anywhere, and neither are the others."

"That would make a lot more sense, Dareth would never do something like that." "So, it really was that pervert again!" They washed each others backs. "That sure is hard to reach when you're alone." Jadira chuckled, "I can imagine. Oh, you know, I was wondering, what is Dareth like?" Karima grinned. "You like him a lot don't you?" Jadira was startled. "Hey, No, I mean, don't put it that way! I was just curious." Karima laughed. "I was just playing. But if you really want to know, he's like a person that protects you with his own life if needed. I've never met someone like him before, if I was a little older, I would probable fell in love with him, but the way I see him now, like a brother, is just fine for me. You know, he gave me food and shelter when I tried to rob him." "Rob him, why would you do that?" "I used to be a thief, stealing from people to survive, I was always lonely and miserable until I met him, he took me in as a long lost relative and took care of me." Jadira smiled. "He sure is a lot different then I expected him to be, I thought him as a bloodthirsty mercenary who does not care for anything at all, but when I saw you with him I probably already realized that couldn't be it. I was consumed by hatred for what happened, me, my brothers, my comrades had all fallen and ended up in hell while none of them should have gone there, but recently I've gotten to understand what really happened. It's hard for me to say, but I can no longer blame you two. The hit he took for me, his past, the way he treats you, It would be unfair if I kept being a mean *****." Both of them held still for a while. "Come, we should go, I think we're pretty much done." Thy got dressed again and were headed back. "Remind me to make sure Algaran won't be seeing anything for a while." Karima nodded. "My words exactly."

"Ah, you're back, allow me to freshen up now." Dareth walked into the forest, and disappeared behind the trees. "Let's go to the inn." Gerard was looking a little closer. "Ah Karima, you're still with Dareth I see, and who's this?" "Hey Gerard, meet Jadira, she's a friend of ours." Gerard politely kissed her hand. "A pleasure to meet you miss Jadira, my name is Gerard, the only innkeeper in the near vicinity. Take a seat if you want, I'll be right with you. I'm not exactly open now, but I'll make an exception for you two." They both sat down at a table. "Oh no!" Karima looked up. "What is it?" "I forgot the hammer, I'll be right back, stay here." "Alright, but don't take too long." Jadira ran back to the river. "Ah there you are." Then from her eye corner she saw Dareth wading into the river. "Don't watch." She said to herself. She covered her eyes with her hands but let them down soon. She Dareth's heavy muscular build, his body was very well trained, and had a nice tan. His long hair was reaching down to his shoulders. He turned around. Jadira's face turned all red now. She quietly sneaked away and then started running. "Hey who is there!" Dareth was looking around but saw no one. "Probably some kind of beast..."

Karima was enjoying her meal. In front of her another plate with a meal on it was prepared for Jadira. "She'd better hurry, or it will get cold, in that case I'd have to eat it. It would be a waste to throw away such a lovely meal." Jadira came in, closed the door behind her and leaned against it for a while. She sat down at the table. "What happened?" Her face turned all red. "Don't ask." Karima started laughing while she was still chewing and almost choked on it. "I think I know what happened, how did he look hm?" she laughed even more now, and Jadira her face was getting more and more red. "Not a word! just eat already!" After a while Karima finally stopped laughing, and finished the remains of her meal. Jadira finished soon after her. They thanked Gerard. "Put it on Algaran's bill. He's a friend of Bercheros" "Will do, have a nice day ladies."

They left the inn and headed to the smithy. Bercheros was gone, but the chainmail was obviously done. Jadira put it on and now it was fitting perfectly. Her shape was very nicely accentuated by the changes Bercheros made.

"Hey." Dareth had returned. Jadira was looking down and was blushing again. Karima chuckled. "What is it? Did I miss something?" "You sure did." Jadira covered Karima's mouth. "We gotta go the.., to the.., ladies room." she took Karima with her out of Dareth's sight. "Please don't tell him, It would be so embarrassing. Please." "Haha, all right I won't tell." They returned to the smithy. "Hey you two, I gotta go visit the doctor now. I'll be right back."

Dareth went to see the doctor. Luckily there were no fractures, just a big bad bruise. He returned to the smithy and saw the girls, Bercheros and Algaran! "Hey you, bastard! I..." Dareth bursted out laughing. Obviously the girls did quite a number on him. He had a black eye, and a nosebleed. "Laugh all you want." "Serves you well for what you did."

Bercheros unfolded a map on a table. "Algaran told me, there have been recent events in the North. About a hundred miles from here. It seems Eldaron has been under attack, by the kind of demonspawn you've recently encountered. They were unstoppable and crushed the local army like a bug. They now occupy the city and sacked it. You should go there soon. Maybe you can find some information there to stop the terror recently unleashed upon these lands." Algaran recomposed himself. "Yes, but you three can't do this alone. I will go with you and strengthen you with my magic." Karima and Jadira did not seem to like this. "Why should we take you with us pervert!" "Ahem, I can assure you I won't be accidentally around when you two are bathing again." "Hey weird guy, you better keep that promise, or they will shred you to pieces." Algaran saw the look on the girls their faces and decided not to do something like that again, at least not for now. "To the north it is then. I could use a meal though, and we need supplies and preferably horses. Bercheros nodded. "I will make sure preparations are made, in the meanwhile strengthen yourself with a meal."

"Look after them Algaran."

"I will."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mmmm, thank god we don't need two free hands to read.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 12.

*The blizzard.*

The snow was finally falling. Dareth, Karima, Jadira and Algaran were on their way. Star and blackmane and two other horses accompanied them through the tundra's of snow. For five full days it did not stop snowing. A lot of trees had broken branches caused by the weight of the snow. On the sixth day it finally stopped snowing, but the sky was still clouded, and from the looks of it, a blizzard was on it's way. Dark and heavy clouds came from the north. It was getting colder and colder. "Well, look at the bright side." Said Dareth. "What bright side..." Karima obviously did not look forward to the approaching blizzard. "We won't be leaving any trails like this." "Ha..ha... that's really funny Dareth..." Jadira still remembered what happened six days ago, and did not talk to Dareth. Algaran was being cranky, every time he asked the girls something they told him to shut up, and Dareth kept calling him a weird bastard. "Alright, we should look for a shelter then, we can't keep going once the blizzard arrives. Keep your eyes out for a cave, preferably with the entrance to the South."

"Over there!" Jadira spotted a cave. The entrance was to the East, but it would suffice. "We're running out of dry wood, by the way. We should gather some new wood and dry it near the fire." They went in with the horses right behind them. The entrance was rather small, but there was a big room behind it with plenty of room for the horses.

"Feed them some of the hay, Karima." "You got it." Algaran was not at ease. "That blizzard is not natural. It's not being sent by nature, but by something else. You should take a look at it, from here." Everyone went outside and examined the clouds. "Is it me, or am I clearly seeing faces in those clouds." Jadira pointed at some of them, and everyone else noticed it as well. "This does not bode well for us, Dareth." Suddenly Dareth recognized a face. It was Ubik! "Karima, look at that face!" Karima saw it too now.

"Could it be he has seen us?" Dareth nodded. "I fear you're right, however if he really has seen us, we're pretty much goners. He's one of the four that threw us into hell without any effort." Karima nodded. "If we want to avoid him seeing us, we'd best head into the cave and stay there the blizzard is over." Karima started a fire with her dagger. They all warmed their hands near the warm flames. Karima suddenly remembered something "Algaran?" "Hm? "Why didn't you enchant my leather armour?" "Well, the problem is, I can only enchant minerals. Gems can't fuse with hide or textiles."

It was night and blizzard was roaring outside. Large flocks were falling down, with a fierce wind behind them. It was getting cold, very cold. The fire almost stopped burning.

"This isn't normal!" Said Jadira. Algaran nodded. "If we would've been outside now, we would freeze to death. Allow me to create some more warmth." He made gestures with his hands, and spoke the same strange language from before. Suddenly the fire started burning intensively. "That's a lot better, thanks Algaran. You're not such a bad guy when you're not spying on people." Karima and Jadira laughed. "Did you know Jadira spied on you Dareth? I mean! Oopsy." "That was you!?" Jadira's face became all red again. "It happened by accident, I forgot my hammer and fortunately I, I mean I accidentally saw you." Now she was completely lost. She did not know where to look. She turned her
back to the others and laid down. "I'm sorry Jadira, it just flapped out." Dareth did not know what to think. "Oi, What's with you!?" Karima poked Dareth. "Stop it, you don't have a clue what's going on." "You're right, I don't. I was about to ask her!" "Stop that already!" "Why, I want to know what's going on." "You'll find out soon enough if you shut up now!" "No, I want to know it now!" "Dareth, shut up now!" Dareth laid back with his hands under his head, "Fine, you go talk to her." Suddenly Jadira stood up and ran away, into the blizzard. "No stop! Come back!" Jadira! Dareth headed after her. "You two stay here, and make some preparations in case one of us is supercooled."

"Jadira! Where are you!?" Dareth was following the tracks she made. The snow reached till his knees. Although the trail was clear, Dareth could barely see anything due to the heavy snowfall. "Man it's freezing out here, I must find her quickly! Jadira!?" He hear something nearby. He saw her! "Jadira, I didn't mean to. Please, come back with me, or you might get hurt or get ill. It's too cold to be out here." She stood still. "Hey, come on already, I'm not like..what..why are you crying?" Dareth faced her now. "I don't know what's happening to me! From one moment to another, I'm really starting to like you, while I really hated you. It just is not right." Dareth did not know what to say at first, and it took a while for him to speak again. "I don't know what's happening either. You do have all the right to hate me, yet a week ago, I offered you my friendship out of desperation. I could not stand the way we were treating each other. I'm glad I did it though. I like you too, a lot, but we should not be discussing it out here. Let's head back." Jadira did not move. "Wait." She was looking Dareth straight in the eyes. "Hold me." She slowly approached Dareth, and wrapped her arms around his chest. He did the same with her. For a few minutes they stood there, in the heat of the blizzard, tenderly holding each other. Jadira looked up in Dareth's eyes and smiled. "From now on, stop blaming yourself. It was not your fault, what happened to me. It's just that, I don't know who to blame, and that makes me angry, but I'm all right now, Dareth. Let's go back." For a brief moment they held each other again.

Dareth tried to find the trail they left behind, but it was no use, it had been covered up by the heavy snow fall. "We need to find the cave soon, or we'll freeze to death."

"You're right, I'm already cold to the bone." "Same here, let's hurry."

"What's taking them so long!?" Karima was getting worried, but she also though of Dareth who might find out what was going on with Jadira, she smiled. "That would be so wonderful." Algaran was waiting at the entrance. "What?" "Nothing, I was thinking up loud." "Come here for a second, use that dagger of yours to clear the entrance a little, this way it might be hard to spot for them." She walked to entrance and crossed the daggers. It melted the snow like crazy. It only had to be near the snow, and it would melt right away. "Now keep the dagger up, so they can use it to find the cave." "Good thinking."

"I think it must have been here somewhere, don't you think so?" No answer. "Jadira?" He looked behind him. She had collapsed. "Jadira no!" He quickly ran to her and got her up. "Come on, don't give me this!" But she did not react. "Now I really got to hurry!" He lifted her up, and carried her with him holding her close, to provide a little warmth.

"Hang in there, I'll get us out of here!" He ran as fast as he could, but the snow and Jadira's weight were considerably slowing him down and eating away his energy. "Come on, where is that ****ing cave already!?" He saw a red light up ahead. "What's that!" He approached it, and soon saw it was Karima holding up her dagger. "Out of the way!"

Karima stepped aside, and Dareth ran past by her carrying Jadira. "What happened!?" "There's no time, I'll explain later. "Heat up the fire, we need more heat! Now Goddamnit!" Algaran rushed to the fire and heated it up. "Karima, place your dagger in the fire." She did as Algaran asked and fire started to burn a lot more intensive then before. "Help me, I got to get her out of her chainmail, it's cooling her down!" Karima held her while Dareth removed the cold steel of the chainmail from her body. "not enough, her clothes are completely wet. There's no other choice." Dareth took his own armour off, and laid next to Jadira holding her close to him. He rubbed her body to warm it up. Soon she started to warm up again. Night had fallen, and Karima and Algaran went to sleep. Soon Dareth felt asleep too, still holding Jadira.

That morning the blizzard was gone and the sky cleared up. Karima awoke and saw Algaran was missing. She got up and was heading outside. Before she went out, she saw Dareth and Jadira still sleeping, now both holding each other. "Wow, They sure look like a couple now." She smiled and ran outside. Algaran was looking at a clear blue sky.

"Jadira." Dareth softly whispered in her ear. "Wake up." She slowly opened here eyes, although she did not realize what happened, she still remembered what she last said to Dareth and smiled. "Good morning. I'm glad you're okay, we almost lost you." "I'm sorry for running away, Dareth. Thank you for saving me." Dareth stood up, and got dressed. "Dareth?" "Yeah?" "I meant every word I said last night." He nodded and smiled at her. "I know, so did I." She stood up with the blanket wrapped around her.

"Maybe we could....ah, nevermind." "I know what you're trying to say, but honestly I think it's too early to say something like that, our wounds are still fresh. In time they will heal. How fast they will heal depends on how close we stay together. If you want the same thing I want, stay near me, and I will stay near you." Once again Karima heard it all, she walked in and leaned against the wall. "Did I miss something here, hm?" "Miss something, not that I can think of, right?" Jadira nodded. "If you're referring to me holding him, I was just cold." Karima giggled. "Sure, I believe you." They kept pretending nothing happened till Karima went back outside. Dareth gave Jadira a wink. She laughed. "Let's not tell them." They walked out of the cave with the horses behind them.

Karima was chuckling when they came out. "Hm? Did I miss something?" Algaran looked at the two, but he did not notice anything unusual about them. Dareth was talked to Algaran.

"So, you're saying there's a town five miles from here?" "Yes, but we have to travel by foot, with all this snow, the horses can no longer carry us, if possible it would be best to leave them in that town till we return. Unless there has been a lot less snowfall up North." Dareth nodded. "That would probably for the best." Karima was protesting, but finally agreed it would indeed be better. Dareth stood in the snow, it almost reached his chest. "I'm glad that blizzard is over now, not only would we have to wait even longer, the snow would reach even higher then it already does now."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that." Said Algaran. "What do you mean?" "You where it came from right, that's where we are headed to. So don't be surprised if another one appears. Karima, you walk up front with the dagger, clear a path for us if you will." "Eh sure." She crossed the daggers and they both lighted up again. She held the fire dagger in front of her and started walking North. The others followed. Dareth was covering the rear.

Five miles later they saw what happened to the town. Not only was it completely snowed in. It was ruined. Scorched wooden planks and beams, and other objects were sticking out of the snow. "Let's hope they died before the blizzard came." Karima discovered some footprints when she was melting the snow away. They were obviously not those of men or beast, but something else. Dareth looked at the horses. "There's no choice then, we'll have to take the horses with us. How much hay do we have left for them?" Karima checked the bags. "If we don't feed them a lot, it will probably last three more days." Dareth sighed. "Like this they are a bother to us. We won't be walking an open path for a long time. We should take as many supplies as we can, and send the horses back to Bercheros." Algaran nodded. "I agree, if we take them with us any further, there's a chance they may starve. Take as many supplies as you can." Karima really did not like this, although she knew they would be fine, she would miss them very much. Everyone took as many supplies as they could hold. "She's doing it again..." Karima gave all the horses a hug. And gave them a hearty farewell. Algaran whispered in their ears. Obviously they understood him, they turned around and went back South. "Hey weird guy, can you talk with the animals as well?" He nodded "every
living thing besides normal humans who are not trained in the ways of magic, understand the arcane language." Algaran looked at the sun. "It's time for some lunch. Let's stop here for a while and eat a bit."

Everyone sat down after Karima made a big open space. They ate their lunch and quickly got on their feet again. "Prepare yourself, there's another one coming from the

horizon." Algaran was right, in the far distance more clouds showed up, they were dark like the ones from before.

Best answers
I have one more chapter to reed but until now great job :) i wont miss one word of it =D

Done the last one please at least finish this :) great job again until now

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold you are my new hero for writing that :p

this is the first thing i actualy like to read ^^

Best answers
Dude i hope u post another chapter soon cuz i don't read anything not even newspapers but this is great =D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 13.

*Eldaron.*

The clouds were approaching rapidly now. "It will probably take half an hour before it reaches us, we have to find shelter before that happens." Algaran was looking worried at the horizon. "I don't think we'll be able to find a shelter, last time luck was with us, but I don't think there's a cave anywhere near now." The group agreed. Like Algaran said, there was no cave anywhere near. The area was full of trees unlike the rock area where they were before. Dareth was guarding the back again, Jadira was walking in front of him, and he couldn't keep his eyes of her. She slowed down, till she walked next to Dareth. "What do you think we should do? If we can't find shelter against that, wouldn't it be better to go back to that cave from before?" Dareth nodded. "You're right, but I think it's too late for that. The blizzard will take our lives before we reach it."

Everyone was getting worried, the clouds were getting very near now. Suddenly a snow owl flew by, Algaran quickly called the snow owl to him, and it landed on his arm. He spoke to the own and it flew away again. "What did you just say?" Said Karima, who was starting to interest for the language Algaran used to speak with the animals. "I asked her to find a cave or anything else that would protect us from that blizzard." The own soon came back. "Come, I think she found something." The others followed Algaran and the owl.

"There's nothing here!" Dareth was looking at the sky. "We don't have time to rely on your beasts, we must find a shelter now!" Algaran was smiling. "Nothing is what it seems. Karima, if you will." Algaran pointed at a spot, and Karima used her dagger to melt the snow away. Soon the entrance of a cave became visible. "Of course, how could we be so ****ing ignorant!, many other caves are probably hidden in the snow." Karima melted a hole big enough for everyone to get through. Dareth stacked some wood for a fire. "It won't last long though, I was only able to take a small amount with me." Karima lighted the fire, and soon everyone was warming their hands around it.

Outside, the wind started to howl, small flocks of snow were falling down guided by the wind. It was getting worse again. The wind was roaring now, and snow was falling down with massive amounts. "Let's hope this one won't last long, if possible, I'd like to continue to the North as soon as it stops." Said Dareth. The others agreed. "We're running out of wood now. This was the very last of it." Dareth threw the last piece of wood in the fire. "Weird guy, is there anything within your power to keep us warm as long as the blizzard lasts?" "It's Algaran! And no, I don't have anything to keep us warm. We'll have to sit close to each other when it's getting too cold."

"I don't want that pervert leaning against me!" Said Karima. Jadira agreed. "Me neither!" Dareth was looking at the two, who were now looking at Dareth. "Huh, you want me to...!? No way, I'm not keeping a man warm, that's a woman's job!" Karima chuckled. "Oh really, what if Jadira and me were not here?" "Fine! But you two owe me, big time!"

Jadira leaned against Dareth with Karima leaning against herself. Karima kindly offered that spot to her, Jadira smiled and gladly sat down next to Dareth. Algaran was leaning against Dareth as well, on the other side, feeling very uncomfortable. "Are you two still angry about..." The girls interrupted him. "Yes!" For the rest of the day and the following night they sat against each other, keeping each other warm.

"Looks like I got some melting to do again." Karima was standing near the entrances. It was sealed by the snow that fell down over the night. She melted the snow away, and soon she could see the daylight again. Dareth awoke and carefully left his place. He went after Karima, to breath in some fresh air. Her long red hair was covering her back, dancing in the gentle morning breeze. "Good morning." She said. "Aye, a good morning indeed, let's hope we won't be seeing more of those rotten blizzards. It's like someone is sweeping the area to find us." "My thoughts exactly, maybe they found out we escaped?" "Maybe, I don't know. We have not seen that Skull knight for a while either." Back in the cave Algaran awoke as well, he made some breakfast and ate it, and then went outside. Jadira was still sleeping, and trying to find Dareth with her hands, when she realized he was not there, she awoke as well. "He should not do that often..."

Soon everyone was outside, all packed and ready to go. That day no more weather changes occurred. They made great progress and were now nearly there. "Look! over there." Eldaron was in sight now. The city was covered in thick mist. "I'd say a few more hours and we should be there, we should be on our guard now, we don't know if the attackers are still holding up here or not." Said Algaran. The next few hours nothing happened. They had reached the gates.

"What the **** happened here!?" Dareth was looking around him, blood was dying the streets everywhere. The entire city was abandoned. "Where are the bodies, why is there only blood here? What the **** did this!?" Karima was trying to look away, but it was everywhere. Everyone was awed and disgusted at the same time. Algaran was the first to speak again. "Although I really don't want to know, we have to find out what was responsible for this, and it's location. It is there where we will probably find the answers we seek."

The group wandered the streets staying close to each other. The stench of death was overwhelming. There was no end to the blood, it really was everywhere. Although the city once must have been a proud bastion once, the recent events had turned it into a hell. The fountains and the gargoyles they saw were flowing with blood. Suddenly Dareth unsheathed his sword. "I heard something. Be on your guard!" They put their backs against each other, looking around for what caused that sound. "What did you hear?" Said Algaran. "Some kind of heavy breathing, it was nearby."

Suddenly something jumped very fast from one roof to another. "Over there!" Said Karima. But it was already gone. Dareth turned around "What did you see!?" "I don't what it was, but it definitely was not human, it was too fast, and it had horns." All of the sudden more of these creatures were jumping around, their numbers kept increasing. Horrible shrieks were all over the place, echoing through the streets. "Brace yourselves!" They took defensive stances and readied themselves for an attack.

"What's going on, why are they not attacking?" Said Jadira. Dareth shook his head. "I don't know, maybe they're still gathering. One thing is for sure, they will attack, and this will be one hell of a fight." Dareth was grinning, eager to slash them up. He put his helm on. "This not something to enjoy Dareth, we're going to be in serious trouble if their numbers keep increasing like they are." Said Algaran. "Killing these stupid mother****ers makes my day, it will probably piss 'them' off." Jadira nodded. "I also have something settle with those ****heads, right Dareth!?" He nodded. "Yeah, that's right!, let's slaughter them like they slaughtered the townsfolk here!" Suddenly all movement stopped. They were now surrounded by hordes of demons. The streets were filled with them, and lot's of them also used the roofs to stand on.

*Flesh! Flesh and bones for the master! We shall drain them of their blood and take their lifeless flesh and bones to the master!* From the looks of it the hellspawns were preparing to attack. "Here they come!" Algaran yelled. All hell broke lose. Fire and ice were scorching and freezing. The power of the earth was shaking the city on it's foundations. Magic was flowing everywhere. And black smoking souls were absorbed.

Dareth's sword no longer pulsed. It now had a consistent red glow. The more he killed the more lethal the sword became. It slashed, it stabbed, it chopped and pierced through demon hide. Dareth was fighting like a whirlwind. The adamant armour was carrying him on the wind. Jadira was smashing everything to pieces, corpses and limbs were flying everywhere, crushing walls on impact. Karima and Algaran both used the elements of fire and ice. Many scorched corpses were stacking. While others were turned into ice and smashed to pieces by Jadira's hammer. They just kept coming. The very sight of these four people fighting was a sensation to look at. They just kept fighting, no matter what.

"Is there no end to them!?" Said Jadira who was catching her breath while dodging. "Normally, taking out these hellspawns their leader would make them run off, but I take it this 'Master' is their leader and has not shown up yet. So I fear we have to kill them all." Algaran could barely talk with everything attacking him. "Let them come! Let them come to me!" Dareth was lost in the fight, and kept killing them, and absorbing them. The red glow now seemed to cover his body as well. From within his helm two red glowing eyes were constantly looking for its next target. "That blade.. What the hell is it!?" Algaran saw Dareth, and was beginning to worry. "What is he goes berserk, there will be no way of stopping him!" Jadira and Karima noticed it as well. He just kept fighting and fighting without even taking a break. The number of demons were finally going down, but Dareth did not slow down by the least bit. "Dareth!" Karima yelled at him, but he did not respond by the least bit.

The demons realized they were overpowered, most of them even became scared of them, especially Dareth, who now was hunting them down to the very last one. *Run! Save yourself!* But it was no use, no matter where they fled, Dareth pursued them and killed them with a single strike each, sometime he even killed two or three with a single strike from his terrifying blade. He was looking monstrous now, completely out of control. The fight was over, but Dareth did not stop. "Is that sword a berserker? It keeps feeding, endlessly, increasing his rage, speed ad strength, and taking away his self-control. This has to end, now, before anyone of us gets hurt or even worse." Algaran stepped forwards, focussing on Dareth. He was speaking the arcane language again. "I can't get through! It's too powerful! You two!, run!" Dareth was looking their way, and now approached the with his sword in his hands, ready to kill. Karima stood still waiting for Dareth to come, but Jadira pushed her back. "Leave it to me!"

Dareth approached her and roared. "Dareth! Stop it!" He stood still for a while, as if he almost got a grip on himself but then lost it again. "Dareth, remember what we told each other, please come back. Dareth!" The red glow started to fade. "What's going on." He suddenly had flashbacks of the blizzard, he saw himself holding Jadira and talking to her. Then he dropped on his knees. "What happened..?" Jadira kneeled down before him and removed his helm. "Don't do that again, you scared me." She held him. "The blade...it.. I almost.." He felt Jadira's arms around him, and felt at ease again. "I don't know what happened, but It's over, thanks to you, Jadira." He gently held her and felt her long blond hair against his cheek. "I'm all right now. Thank you." They stood up, and called for the others to come back. Algaran was surprised. "How did you do that? I tried to get through but it was no good." Karima smiled and probably knew what happened. "That sword is dangerous Dareth, next time you might lose yourself forever." "I don't think so." He looked at Jadira and smiled at her. "Very well, I'll just leave it, for now. When this is done, I will examine that sword more closely." Dareth nodded. "If you will. Right now we should find this 'Master' of them and put an end to it."

They walked the streets and suddenly stood still for a while. A cathedral, unscathed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How could it be unscathed though? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom