Fan speed to fast problem

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
My Girlfriends processor FAN is spinning way to fast. The computer is detecting it and is turning off the FAN. When i disable the safety settings of the fan in the bios settings, the fan keeps, well.. spinning (duh). Problem is, why is the fan spinning so fast? Anyway to make this normal? My bet the fan is getting way to much power, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Skyrider

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not turn those safety settings on =P.
Just get a replacement fan, that should do the trick ;). Is it much of a concern, does it make a lot of noise?.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, it makes a lot of noice :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Purcahse a new fan for it, & make sure it's a silent fan ;).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not going to buy a new one since this is what my girlfriend got when she bought the PC. The FAN is going way to fast, like twice as fast as normal. Perhaps even faster, and i have found a program to modifiy the speed of the fan. But only use able when i use the software.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the fan came with the PC, then it at least shouldn't be broken - I think. It should fit the PC.

PCs get more powerful nowadays, and so they require a bit more cooling than in the past. Maybe that's why it has a powerful fan.

Don't forget that it's Summer now, too. The air temperature also influences the computer's temperature, so if the air is warm, the fan is more likely to start blowing to keep the computer cooled.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Don't forget that it's Summer now, too. The air temperature also influences the computer's temperature, so if the air is warm, the fan is more likely to start blowing to keep the computer cooled.
I highly doubt it. I myself have a fair knowlegde with PC's, including Fans. But at the moment, i have no idea why it is spinning so fast with a lot of noice. I have a few thoughts such as to much power going through the fan, or the fan is just like this. And i know as well it's spinning much faster then a fan should spin. The computer even detects It's spinning to fast, that's why the safety shutted down the fan, at the moment as said above. I've disabled the safety in BIOS so the fan keeps spinning. And yes, It's getting pretty hot these weeks, so i'm planning to keep the safety off for the time being.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Which fan is spinning too fast?
CPU, case, videocard, chipset?
What is the size of the fan and how fast is it going in rpm?

And check the temperatures, this could be a reason why the fan is rotating so fast, it is summer you know. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
And check the temperatures, this could be a reason why the fan is rotating so fast, it is summer you know. :p
:p That's the same thing I told him too, lol.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Devion said:
Which fan is spinning too fast?
CPU, case, videocard, chipset?
What is the size of the fan and how fast is it going in rpm?

Please do read ;)

My Girlfriends processor FAN is spinning way to fast
Which basically is the fan attached to the silver thingy that spreads the temperature which is attached to the processor. The temperature keeps being at 35 - 40Celcius, no matter if it's on or not. The computer shuts down the Fan at the beginning my GF had this pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom