Fall of Liberty, Nazi America

Best answers
Anyone else excited for this game? I love alternate timelines, this one sounds intense as hell. It's suppose to be an FPS. About damn time we get an FPS with some originality to it. I'm tired of all the damn WWII shooters. FPS seems to be either WW2 or sci-fi, or gtfo.

Megagames said:
Codemasters announced a publishing agreement with Spark Unlimited, the U.S. studio responsible for Call of Duty: Finest Hour, for ?Fall of Liberty? an intense and cinematic next-gen first-person shooter epic set in an unnerving World War II alternate reality.

Codemasters will publish Fall of Liberty as a major Q4 2007 title for the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360 and PC.

Fall of Liberty will take players to new battlegrounds in World War II ? ones born from a changed moment in history that led to the Nazi invasion of 1950s America. Presenting this scenario as a powerful and realistically crafted alternate history, Fall of Liberty will deliver an explosive action experience in a world where famous real-world locations appear startlingly different under Nazi occupation.

Craig Allen, CEO of Spark Unlimited says, We share a desire to immerse players in an incredible and intensely realistic vision of an alternative world history that will uniquely define Fall of Liberty in the FPS genre. Codemasters is providing Spark the opportunity to present something radically different than typical WWII scenarios as the player is not cast as a liberator of Europe but as a defender of freedom in enemy-occupied America.

Fall of Liberty changes reality by twisting one historical fact: In 1931, Winston Churchill was hit by a taxi on 5th Avenue in New York. In reality, he survived the accident but walked with a cane for the rest of his life. But what might have followed if Winston Churchill had been killed in the accident? Without his voice to lead a country to war, the events of WWII change dramatically; the Normandy invasion never happens and the UK and all of Europe come under Nazi rule by 1945.

Building on the successful conquest of Europe, Nazi intelligence develops superior weapons and vehicles so that on December 7, 1951 they are able to launch an all out surprise attack on America ? beginning with a mass invasion of New York.

Unprepared, the invasion stuns America and plunges much of the country into fearsome Nazi occupation. In Washington, the Swastika flies from The White House, and in a show of force to end rebellion, a nuclear attack on Manhattan is being planned. The odds are overwhelming, the reality of the situation shocking, but for players, it?s time to join the resistance and fight a guerrilla war in the newly occupied territories.

Fall of Liberty is now in development at Spark Unlimited?s studios based in Sherman Oaks, California. The game will launch in Q4 2007 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
This picture is about as intense as the storyline sounds.

Best answers
O_O, pretty intense right there....soudning pretty good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O

This should prove to be most interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks interesting, gotta try it out or watch the trailer :O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Hahahaha, this sounds pretty slick.

It better damned be for PC!
Megagames said:
Codemasters will publish Fall of Liberty as a major Q4 2007 title for the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360 and PC.
Looks good.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think I just heiled without using any hands o_o

Best answers
\o beat that kurt. neweys, sounds intensive, gotta see how it turns out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're tired of WWII shooters? You know this is pretty much WWIIx - Beyond the Dark... uh, Ocean. Looks like a great idea, though.

Best answers
i ask my self "where does japan come in on this picture"?....

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dirty said:
i ask my self "where does japan come in on this picture"?....
The Japenese dictator got hit by a car! Pearl harbor never happened!

Anyways, the game has a pretty fresh concept. The only other time I can think of that they did something like this in video games was the red alert 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Japenese dictator got hit by a car! Pearl harbor never happened!
My god... that mean's that Japan was never rebuilt after the war, meaning it isn't the most technologically advanced country today! Do you realize what this means? Playstation never existed! Oh, cruel fate!

This video is waay cooler if you're in an altered state of mind.

Edit: Oh, wait. This isn't the dog/laser post. No wonder that Japan comment seemed so out of place...

Best answers
frsrblch said:
You're tired of WWII shooters? You know this is pretty much WWIIx - Beyond the Dark... uh, Ocean. Looks like a great idea, though.
I guess it would make more sense to say I'm tired of El Alamien, Normany, Wake Island, etc., etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one excited for this game. For some reason it just sounds incredibly badass.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0_0 My God...this is...horrid...Hopefully you're playing as an American rebellion trying to get rid of the Nazis'? Just seeing the friggin swastika flag over the White House was enough to make me cringe...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually hoping to be able to play some alternate-reality Stosstruppe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom