Failure on dirextx installation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i try installing directX, around half way it gives me an error saying "failed to copy requiered file" then quits. It doesnt say which file it is.

Any help?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
First time installing DX?, If not. Attempted to remove the older version first before installing the new one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, my computer messed up last night, and i have to redo all my stuff, when i tried playing a game, said i needed direct x again so here I am trying.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
How did you messed up your computer?.. Anyway, perhaps (if DirectX is still installed) You should remove it first.. Start --> configurations --> Control panel (if i am correct) and software remove, whatever.. and search DirectX in the list.. and remove it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Faulty installer maybe? Have you tried re-dling it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click on your start menu, go to run and type dxdiag. A box should pop up showing all your current DirectX sys info. If needed tweak it a little bit or see if there is a problem with it.

Best answers
you cant uninstall direct x, when you install it, you have it forever, atleast thats what i know. I know this becuase my friend installed Dx9.0c on his computer and his video card only supports Dx8, so i tried to install Dx8 and i read somewhere that you cant install an older version of Dx over a newer version, and i also learned that you cant uninstall it.

So if you could please post your version of Direct X then I would be glad to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom