Fade to Black intro solo Cover

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
as in the title,
i first recorded the audio via Guitar rig and Ableton Live. Than i synced it with da video.
enjoy !

[video]http://www.ad-m.pl/Fade%20to%20Black.mov[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
COMMENT !! SAY THAT I SUCK OR THAT IM FAT T_T, BUT PLZ COMMENT !!!! or no MORE MAPS !!!! sory for double posting : DD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You messed up several times, had the wrong tempo in several instances, and used way too much distortion whatever the **** you call that effect you used. Your guitar wasn't in proper tune either.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't watch it at work, and when I tried here I could see but couldn't hear any music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The tuning thing could be me hearing a bad artificial harmonic. Maybe it's just the technique you need to work on (it's easy to miss it if you don't know the principle behind it).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You messed up several times, had the wrong tempo in several instances, and used way too much distortion whatever the **** you call that effect you used. Your guitar wasn't in proper tune either.
yeah i know, some parts are realy messed up, i can play it better, just i didin't wanted to record several times... + i still can't get that fast part in the middle to sound right, it's just too fast : > as it goes for the sound, i kinda like it, but your right , it's a bit too distorted, (im still playing with the setings ).
@ Cuc, it's a quick time file, plz double check if you got the latest quick times codecs
thanks for watching !

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What audio codec did you make that vid with, I don't seem to have it installed.

Ninja'd because I didn't hit f5.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, you hit a few sour notes in there, either your high e is tuned incorrectly, or you were using bad tabs/notation. I disagree that your distortion was off, the sound was close to Kirk Hammett's setup, Avenger is a bluesy guy, so I think that colored his hearing a bit. Avenger was quite right to criticise your sudden tempo changes, there were places you missed hammer ons/pull offs, and places where you added extra trills. Better than I can do, but it needs work.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not perfect but not bad, I'm sure with a little more practice you can get it better.

I particularly didn't like the last note, perhaps you could do some tremolo or something to make it sound better though.

I wanted to start covering stuff, but not before I buy my multi-effects pedal, this is the only footage I have of me playing, I was just screwing around, it was the end of our rehearsal.

[video=youtube;vxDADhgGDnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxDADhgGDnk[/video]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Cuc:

I'm confused; how did you learn that I'm a bluesy guy?

Also, this is my most played solo of all time, I know it fairly well. :p He definitely messed up the effect (it's a phase effect + reverb + some chorus, methinks - sounds very different from this) and the distortion is way over the top. Turn it down and adjust your other settings.

@Layne:

You need to learn to use your pinky for the fast part. You have to extend it to fret 19, which is tricky, and then do a pull-off / fast pick (depending on your choice and skill, really). To learn this part, I recommend you practise around half an hour a day for a week at a slow pace. Make sure you get the timing and the notes perfect each time. There is no point practicing sloppiness.

Also, your "improvised" parts were a bit messed up as well - you should listen to it yourself and see where it's suitable to deviate from the song and in which way.

@Specht:

Tremolo effect? :p It was meant to be an artificial harmonic. He just has to aim his pick right.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh was it? I'm not too familiar with the original song, my mistake then.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Cuc:

I'm confused; how did you learn that I'm a bluesy guy?

Also, this is my most played solo of all time, I know it fairly well. :p He definitely messed up the effect (it's a phase effect + reverb + some chorus, methinks - sounds very different from this) and the distortion is way over the top. Turn it down and adjust your other settings.
I disagree on the effects, but that's what's supposed to happen. If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no opinions. I was into metal when this came out, and have listened to it for many, many years. As for the bluesy stuff, you said so yourself many moons ago. How dare I listen to you and remember stuff! The unmitigated gall! :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't make me do a track by track comparison, Cuc. :p 'Cause I can and I will.

But yes, I was a bit surprised you remembered I said that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
what do you guys think about this?

[video=youtube;eniYwtwVPxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eniYwtwVPxE[/video]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, he messed up last note on the first solo too. But he hit all the little hammer ons and pull offs I was talking about. His timing seemed a wee bit off on some of the sustains, like he was cutting off a tiny bit early. His distortion effect is too modern too, not the right crunch for 1983. Really messed up around 6:04.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Though he had more modern distortion, it was far closer than Layne's. Either way, he, too, messed up the fast (pull-on and pull-offs) bit at the start. Practise it slowly and learn to use your pinky as any of your other fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom