Fable II

Best answers
How's the content compared to the first fable, if i rent it over a weekend will I be able to finish everything there is to do in the game? or does it actually have content to go along with it's awesomeness this time?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err microphone works just fine in multiplayer. Playing it as we speak.

My character (was taken with my phone from my tv so bear with me >_>)

Best answers
Sweet sounds pretty cool. I liked the first fable but was depressed at the lack of content. Even with he housing and getting married and such it really only lasted me a weekend. If this game did nothing but be a longer more contentful version of fable 1 I'd be happy with it, and from what little i've seen it looks like it's been improved in other ways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you still grow badass horns? I loved being so evil I had horns.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol the morphing is crazy in this one. You can even grow different kinds of horns somehow. My female character has these downward bullhorns somehow.

G
Nifty, I've reached full good and now my skin has glowing blue stuff all over it. No halo though? The halo was awesome. Maybe I have to get full purity too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The glowing blue stuff is from acquiring more and higher level spells. Not from usage though, which is a shame. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because only evil prevails. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

How's the multiplayer? Besides the microphone thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm it's ... okay. I mean, it would've been more fun to actually import your hero but as it is, you just import his stats and spells. You choose from a generic good / evil, male / female and you're set.

It would have been a LOT more enjoyable had you been able to see other heroes in your world. Doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a very awesome game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised Fable II hasn't gotten more attention from the ESF community. I see the Fallout 3 thread is more popular, and that game looks droll, in my opinion.

As a Dragon Ball & games fan, I must say acquiring this game on the night of its release, was one of the best nights I'd ever had. Firstly it's the 20th, I'm broke, and itching for a game fix .. something fantastical, epic, or engaging, 1st-person shooters aside, because I am so sick of them, and there is nothing epic about them :(.

So my friend tells me he's grabbing his reserved copy of Fable II at midnight, and I realize the only reserve I had enough for over the last month was Left 4 Dead. Curious, I call my local Gamestop at around 10PM, and one of the employees tells me that they're selling all preorders at midnight, to the 45 people already standing in line, and will have extras for non-preoderers, so long as the customer gets there before 11PM / before all of their extras are sold off. So, I hop in the car at 10:45PM, with no money, and speed over there, where I'm told by people in the back of the line: "Hey. You preorder? If not, you can go inside and buy a copy and get the receipt, then stand in line. You better hurry!".

I get inside, and the employee gives me a quick sorrow, then giggle, and asks: "Steve?" I'm obviously not Steve, so I get the realization curl about my face, and say "Oh...no, no.", and he says: "I got a call from a guy living *** a little while ago, and he wanted to make it over here to get a copy, but he was worried about the distance. I said no promises. Too bad really, this is the last copy." I pay using my debit card, and I have no money.

I felt a little bad, knowing that this guy would probably show up at any time to be disappointed. Having gotten over it a moment later, I leave the store and wander the plaza, with only coins in my pocket, no cell phone, and a pack of smokes. I pay a visit to McDonald's for a coffee, and bring some teenage attention to the fake foot hanging from the trunk of my car. :shocked: There were a couple guys who were so excited about this rubber foot, they wanted to take pictures of it, and insisted to me: "We don't want to start trouble! We just want a picture. Ha ah ha." I'm not exaggerating. The teenager even got out of his car in the McDonald's drive-thru to tap on my window just to ask for permission.

Later, I'm looking for a pay phone in the plaza, but I can't seem to find one in sight. I pay a visit to the gas station clerk, who's also a very perky and amusing character. I ask for the location of the pay phone, and I get a dozen sparky questions about other services he can provide me. "Want anything? *points in the mini-mart* We got loads of stuff. Food? Drink? Aye?" He leads me outside to point out the location of the pay phone, and he hastly asks me if I'd like a cigarette, but as if: "Would you like to smoke one with me?". Afterward, he couldn't really stop talking. I asked him if he was bored, and joked about having to pick up cans and sweep the whole station, by pointing out all the locations and stressing boredom for the grueling job.

I finally make it to the pay phone and make my calls. Abruptly later, I'm interrupted by pay phone coin meter, telling me to deposit 50 cents, where shortly after I'm disconnected from the person, empty-pocketed, and in need of money. I scrounge through my car again, and manage to find a lump of quarters and dimes on the back floor that must've fallen through the seats at some point. This abrupt annoyance happens once more, and then I begin searching my car a third time. I actually happen to find a 1 dollar bill, and Rite-Aid just happens to still be open. I pay a visit to the register and get my change, having failed getting them to allow me their business phone, of which they claimed couldn't make long distance calls. I had almost started laughing out loud.

While in the store, I notice a group of guys who were probably waiting for the clock to strike 12, and surely one of them is wearing a Dragon Ball Z Goku shirt, probably one received from Burst Limit: Special Edition. On my way out of the store I just couldn't resist to shout in my Sabat-Piccolo voice to him: "Hey Goku!!". Which I did, and grabbed the attention of every employee and customer in the front of the store. And as I walked out I only heard the comfortable laugh of the Goku guy and his friends. No one else. So I was struck with some embarrassment, as I should've.

It was a good night, I thought. Old-fashioned like, fun, and different all-round. I was very surprised to see that amount of Fable/game fans in this area, at one time. It was amusing to see the dudes who'd already gotten their copies just stand around with the crowd for the fun of it, instead of getting home to play the game.

(I'm currently thoroughly enjoying Fable II, even if it doesn't have spectacular replay value, or for that matter good co-op play).

(Also, I'm missing one achievement from the Pub Games, which I'll get shortly, but I do have all Hero Dolls and other achievements, which I can proudly say I did all myself. If anyone would like help with achievements, or Dolls, let me know).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm surprised Fable II hasn't gotten more attention from the ESF community. I see the Fallout 3 thread is more popular, and that game looks droll, in my opinion.

As a Dragon Ball & games fan, I must say acquiring this game on the night of its release, was one of the best nights I'd ever had. Firstly it's the 20th, I'm broke, and itching for a game fix .. something fantastical, epic, or engaging, 1st-person shooters aside, because I am so sick of them, and there is nothing epic about them :(.

So my friend tells me he's grabbing his reserved copy of Fable II at midnight, and I realize the only reserve I had enough for over the last month was Left 4 Dead. Curious, I call my local Gamestop at around 10PM, and one of the employees tells me that they're selling all preorders at midnight, to the 45 people already standing in line, and will have extras for non-preoderers, so long as the customer gets there before 11PM / before all of their extras are sold off. So, I hop in the car at 10:45PM, with no money, and speed over there, where I'm told by people in the back of the line: "Hey. You preorder? If not, you can go inside and buy a copy and get the receipt, then stand in line. You better hurry!".

I get inside, and the employee gives me a quick sorrow, then giggle, and asks: "Steve?" I'm obviously not Steve, so I get the realization curl about my face, and say "Oh...no, no.", and he says: "I got a call from a guy living *** a little while ago, and he wanted to make it over here to get a copy, but he was worried about the distance. I said no promises. Too bad really, this is the last copy." I pay using my debit card, and I have no money.

I felt a little bad, knowing that this guy would probably show up at any time to be disappointed. Having gotten over it a moment later, I leave the store and wander the plaza, with only coins in my pocket, no cell phone, and a pack of smokes. I pay a visit to McDonald's for a coffee, and bring some teenage attention to the fake foot hanging from the trunk of my car. :shocked: There were a couple guys who were so excited about this rubber foot, they wanted to take pictures of it, and insisted to me: "We don't want to start trouble! We just want a picture. Ha ah ha." I'm not exaggerating. The teenager even got out of his car in the McDonald's drive-thru to tap on my window just to ask for permission.

Later, I'm looking for a pay phone in the plaza, but I can't seem to find one in sight. I pay a visit to the gas station clerk, who's also a very perky and amusing character. I ask for the location of the pay phone, and I get a dozen sparky questions about other services he can provide me. "Want anything? *points in the mini-mart* We got loads of stuff. Food? Drink? Aye?" He leads me outside to point out the location of the pay phone, and he hastly asks me if I'd like a cigarette, but as if: "Would you like to smoke one with me?". Afterward, he couldn't really stop talking. I asked him if he was bored, and joked about having to pick up cans and sweep the whole station, by pointing out all the locations and stressing boredom for the grueling job.

I finally make it to the pay phone and make my calls. Abruptly later, I'm interrupted by pay phone coin meter, telling me to deposit 50 cents, where shortly after I'm disconnected from the person, empty-pocketed, and in need of money. I scrounge through my car again, and manage to find a lump of quarters and dimes on the back floor that must've fallen through the seats at some point. This abrupt annoyance happens once more, and then I begin searching my car a third time. I actually happen to find a 1 dollar bill, and Rite-Aid just happens to still be open. I pay a visit to the register and get my change, having failed getting them to allow me their business phone, of which they claimed couldn't make long distance calls. I had almost started laughing out loud.

While in the store, I notice a group of guys who were probably waiting for the clock to strike 12, and surely one of them is wearing a Dragon Ball Z Goku shirt, probably one received from Burst Limit: Special Edition. On my way out of the store I just couldn't resist to shout in my Sabat-Piccolo voice to him: "Hey Goku!!". Which I did, and grabbed the attention of every employee and customer in the front of the store. And as I walked out I only heard the comfortable laugh of the Goku guy and his friends. No one else. So I was struck with some embarrassment, as I should've.

It was a good night, I thought. Old-fashioned like, fun, and different all-round. I was very surprised to see that amount of Fable/game fans in this area, at one time. It was amusing to see the dudes who'd already gotten their copies just stand around with the crowd for the fun of it, instead of getting home to play the game.

(I'm currently thoroughly enjoying Fable II, even if it doesn't have spectacular replay value, or for that matter good co-op play).

(Also, I'm missing one achievement from the Pub Games, which I'll get shortly, but I do have all Hero Dolls and other achievements, which I can proudly say I did all myself. If anyone would like help with achievements, or Dolls, let me know).
Why would you make such a meaningless, energy-wasted post?
Was that a serious question?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was that a serious question?
See, the difference, my child, is that I'm freely speaking toward the topic's name, with no real direct message to any one person, whereas you slide in and aim some sort of judgement on a person with some misguided reason you feel is justified. Perhaps go work out your issues elsewhere, you're making life more meaningless, and for that matter in the world of games and Fable II.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, because your post (containing a whole two sentences even remotely concerned with Fable II) made me want to rush out and buy Fable II right away!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, the difference, my child, is that I'm freely speaking toward the topic's name, with no real direct message to any one person, whereas you slide in and aim some sort of judgement on a person with some misguided reason you feel is justified. Perhaps go work out your issues elsewhere, you're making life more meaningless, and for that matter in the world of games and Fable II.
The parts in bold are what some people call "projection".

Your diary entry had almost nothing to do with Fable 2. In fact, here are the parts that pertain to the topic of this thread:

Vegeta said:

The rest was irrelevant, as is any post not directly relating to the topic of this thread, including, but certainly not limited to this very post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should I care if you're interested in the game or not? I'm not trying to promote it to you. Besides, you can find everything about the game, and then some, by visiting sites like GameStop(www.gamestop.com), IGN(www.ign.com), GameFaqs(www.gamefaqs.com), to name a few, with regards to the game in the form of review and critique, and here we're not confined to professional expressions of critique for the game, but rather anything we want.

Don't make things unnecessarily personal when you're in a rotten mood because your nerdy friends would rather play Fable II on Halloween than go trick or treating with you. Mind yourself, seriously.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should I care if you're interested in the game or not? I'm not trying to promote it to you. Besides, you can find everything about the game, and then some, by visiting sites like GameStop(www.gamestop.com), IGN(www.ign.com), GameFaqs(www.gamefaqs.com), to name a few, with regards to the game in the form of review and critique, and here we're not confined to professional expressions of critique for the game, but rather anything we want.

Don't make things unnecessarily personal when you're in a rotten mood because your nerdy friends would rather play Fable II on Halloween than go trick or treating with you. Mind yourself, seriously.
Kind of hypocritical, eh? I simply can't understand how you retaliated so seriously against a joke post, attacking me (and even my friends).

So what you're basically saying is that it's fine to post anything, anywhere, completely ignoring thread subjects? We should all just go elsewhere to talk about the things we make threads here to talk about? Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom