Fable 2 Co-op? Yes please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you've been following our previous coverage of Fable 2, you already know that the large world in which your story takes place will ultimately be shaped by your actions as one of its heroes. However, none of us knew until now that you'll be able to invite other players' heroes into your world where, at least in theory, they'll play alongside you as obedient henchmen. When asked, Molyneux didn't deny that online play will be supported in the finished game, but for the purposes of our demo both players were using a single console. The second player's character's information was retrieved using his Xbox Live gamertag, and we were told that at the end of the co-op session any experience and money earned by the henchman would be taken back to his version of the gameworld. Furthermore, before playing together, you'll have the option to determine what percentage of the experience points, gold, and renown earned will be awarded to each of you.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...topslot;title;5&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I can't wait. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope this one is better then the first. The multiplayer idea sounds very interesting though. I just hope they implement the "everything you do will affect the world" thing better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fable is one of the best exclusives to ever come to the Xbox aside from Ninja Gaiden.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm gonna remain super skeptical about Fable 2 until I've actually played it. Fable 1 was fun but it was also very limited compared to what they had planned.

Here's to hoping they don't make Fable 1.5 instead of Fable 2.0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fable 1.5 was the frickin devil. I hope they fix the things they did wrong in Fable 1.5 in Fable 2. o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fable: The Lost Chapters only added about 2 hours worth of gameplay, they basically tacked on more story onto the first game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say that I have particularly high hopes for Fable 2. I won't ignore the title, that's for sure, but I was very let down by the original Fable, so my interest may not pique until closer to release time (and provided that my buddy is interested in it - he's the one with the 360, heh; I can only hope for a PC port if it ends up being more worthwhile than Fable 1).

A co-op RPG that isn't an MMO is always an appealing title to me, though. In my mind, it would stand in the shadows of giants like BG2 and NWN, however, so it would need to bring a lot to the table for me.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Molyneux is good at over-hype

I love his games but sometimes are a letdown

I believe the main purpose of TLC was it's PC release rather then for you xbox junkies

Hopefully Lionhead learn from the past this time and work out a great game rather then near-great games (B&W anybody (That said they are my fav's outside FPS))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom