Not a scary game though, more jumpy - im not really getting scared by it :x

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
was a good game, still playing single player - playing it on hard rules :p

Not a scary game though, more jumpy - im not really getting scared by it :x
You must be a hard one to scare, but i'm sure someone can think of something to scare you :p.

Well, as soon as I get a better gfx card you can expect me to get F.E.A.R at the same time.

Has anyone played Multiplayer btw, is multiplayer any good in F.E.A.R ?.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aye, I don't really get scared in FPS games, since im pretty darn good I can blow anything away that attacks me =P

Stuff I can't, then to me can't hurt me either so why be scared?

and the bottom line is it's just a game, even tho it is fun :p

Best answers
Im gonna need another board in my pc before i can even think of upping my RAM to play this beast of a game as my max RAM is 1.5 Gig :cry:

Best answers
Finished the game a while back. God, I was seeing that damn girlie everywhere after that O_O

But yeah, awesome game, hella scary, great AI.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'm pretty sure what I'm about to say isnt against forum so..

I downloaded FEAR. 4 gigs, took me 70 hours. The torrent was going great, and my parents got pissed cause they were complaining to turn my pc off at night.

Anyways, I download it and im all jittery and what not, and when its done, I install blah blah blah. I go to mount the IMAGE and BAM, corrupt file. Talk about waste of space and time. So where I'm going is...
Do not download it ;_;
(I know its kinda in the downloading thing but it had a point to it X_x)

Anyways, I get 5 bucks a day for lunch, and right now I have abour $41, So by this weekend I'll be playing like a mofo, yo! I pray to god its not a waste of money.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might want to virus scan your PC just to be sure it wasn't a faked corrupt file error. That, and even if your attempts to pirate fail, don't post about your exploits. Let's just avoid the warez issue by simply keeping it out of our threads.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Might want to virus scan your PC just to be sure it wasn't a faked corrupt file error. That, and even if your attempts to pirate fail, don't post about your exploits. Let's just avoid the warez issue by simply keeping it out of our threads.
Actually, my internet has rather been slow since that incident.

And sorry D:

Anyways, FEAR, god damn. I dont know why the hell it is pumping me up so much, but a couple more days ;).

Ah man, first weekend i get it im SOOOOO beating it O_O

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had the demo,

Pentium 4, 2Ghz
1024 mb's of RAM
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128 mb ram.

Settings on high/medium.

Looked awesome, and played more smooth then doom3 did. :smile:

The demo was much fun, wished I could buy it but i'm trying to get my drivers license, so no (extra) games for me.

Best answers
Pretty good game.. can't remember a game that had me this scared since Aliens vs Predator 2.. :laff:
I screamed aloud like a little girl at least 4 times during the game.. o_o
Evertime the hud would show that nasty 'origin unknown' message, i felt a strong urge to crawl into a corner of my room with a blanket over my head..

The scary bits are done pretty well.. lot's of things you can't possibly see coming.. and i really like the way they switch between these 'visions' and 'reality' ingame..
AI is pretty good, and i love how the enemy soldiers really communicate, and seem to actually be aware of their surroundings and changing situations.. :yes:

I do think the game is waaaay to short though.. Got the game last friday.. finished it saturday evening.. ;/
Also.. i think they gave the beginning of the game alot of attention
(read: scary stuff) , but that decreases the further ingame you get..
For example, in the early levels there are a lot of scaring moments, wich are often pretty wel found, but later in the game there can be like 2 entire levels with almost no paranormal/scary events.. And those that ARE there are often quite lame, really bummed me out while playing..

Also, i thought the ending was very dissapointing..

*SPOILER*
*You enter the vault, Alma is finally released, and you have to fight poofy clouds with weak, non scary ghost thingies coming out of em the entire time... Almost no 'origin unknown' events after that at all!!
I mean c'mon.. they could have been more original/creative there.. like ALOT of hallucinations and 'origin unknown' events.. and better enemies :S
At least i thought that her being released was the start of sh*t REALLY starting to hit the fan..

Too make a long story short(er), really good game, a must play, but i wouldn't actually spend 50 bucks on it, cuz its much too short, and has no significant replay value..

Ooh.. and i you wanna get the most out of this game, play it at night, ALONE, preferably when nobody is home (or at least when everybody is asleep but you), with the volume turned way up, and emergency stack of clean underwear at your side, like a real man.. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sentient[ Too make a long story short(er) said:
That is where you are wrong, young padawan. You forget multiplayer? :D

Anyways, I know what you mean, I'm in the middle of the game, theres less hallucinations, cause im around the middle, and its getting less and less :(

Best answers
Kaination said:
That is where you are wrong, young padawan. You forget multiplayer? :D

Anyways, I know what you mean, I'm in the middle of the game, theres less hallucinations, cause im around the middle, and its getting less and less :(
No.. i didn't forget multiplayer.. but unfortunately multiplayer doesn't feature paranormal events, and that's what i think this game is all about..
I mean let's be honest, if you just wanna multiplay a FPS, there are better games out there.. :]

Don't worry about the hallucinations though.. even though they get less, there are still a couple of good ones ahead of you.. keep playing! ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if this is going to happen, but I'd terribly **** my pants if I open a door right after a good fight scene, expecting more bad guys, and that ***** is standing there O_O

dont say if it happenbs D:

Best answers
You know i just got fear and im loving it and all, but is it just me or does this resemble cartman --->points to the rude behaviour,fat man, and cheesy poofs!

Just noticed the shot lost alot of quality from the real thing, anyway of fixing this?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Tassadar said:
This game far surpasses Doom 3 or even Half Life 2 in my opinion. The game is just incredible.
I haven't played F.E.A.R myself, but i have seen some screenshots and movies and i must say the game does look incredible. But i can't say it "surpasses" Half-Life 2, as you can see Half-Life 2 Source engine has been greatly improved with Half-Life Lost Coast, plus the fact that a lot of mods can be created with Half-Life 2, i highly doubt that for F.E.A.R.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing about F.E.A.R. graphics is that it both looks extraordinarily good and at the same time, extraordinarily bad. There's just something with it that adds an extra level of realism not found in Half-Life 2 or Doom 3, but it's just... barren. Often times, rooms will look like the developers forgot to add stuff to them or like they just moved out, leaving only empty furniture.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'll be getting a new gfx card in a couple of weeks, So i'll finally get my chance to run games at good framerates with the settings i adore (I still manage a playable 45fps on hl2 with an fx5200 with all settings high except for shadows and reflections & 2x aa & af). Though I still wish I had all the money to get a better overall system, my cpu & memory will be the bottleneck :(.

I just pray to god that I can still run smooth on the lower settings.

Best answers
Alright encountered a problem if anyone has this problem mind explaining how to fix?

I played the game just fine, however each time i quit the game, i have to restart my comp to play it, now it won't run at all, any ideas?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game's process may still be running. Next time you encounter this problem check to see before you do a reboot to see if the game's exe is still running in your processes. Or it could be something that may need to be patched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom