F.E.A.R

Best answers
Bought this game today. And I have to say, it's beyond anything I've ever played before, ever. This game far surpasses Doom 3 or even Half Life 2 in my opinion. The game is just incredible. I've never been so scared from any movie or video game as I have been from F.E.A.R. Sometimes I think it stands for, '****in... EEERGH... AHHHH.... RRRREEGH! Those are just some of the sounds you'll make if you play through some of the scariest parts. This game can't hold a candle to Doom 3 or HL2 in terms of being scared ****less.

Honestly though, I'm a hard person to scare, but F.E.A.R. really tops the list of my favorite games of the year. Perhaps my all time favorite, but I'll have to play it much more to decide that. PCGamer gave it a 92%.

If you can't afford this game, I strongly suggest you download the single player demo, you can get it at www.whatisfear.com.

Best answers
Ive played the demo and thought it was awesome and i would have ordered it straight away but i wanna up the RAM of my PC before playing it again.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game scares the hell out of me. When you least expect it, something wicked freaky will happen, and it's different every time.

But the physics, and the graphics, and everything is just amazing. I love how you can see your feet, and the detail on people. I love how you can bicycle kick people and slide to people and stuff. It's awsome. This game is by far my favorite game of all time right now. No question.

Best answers
Agggghhhhhh!!!!!!
You taunt me!
I'm trying my hardest to hold back from buying this until I get a new graphics card and some more RAM, but damn, the more I read about people enjoying it the more I want to go out and buy it :(
The demo was absoloutely amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The demo didn't run too good for me, but it was definitely playable. The physics combine with the intelligent enemies to make for some really great firefights. They are smart enough to dive out of windows, shut and block doors, and even use the physics objects for cover.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly, this is one I won't be buying. Until I get some more RAM, it'll run choppy on my PC.

I do think it is awesome though. I played the single and multiplayer demos and the AI in single player just wowzored me, and the fun in multiplayer just wowzors me.

9/10 for meh (cause nothing is perfect, think about the people who dun like scary things o_O)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just played the demo, and man was I blow away.

9/10.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man the AI in this game are incredible. They talk to eachother. They'll be like "MOVE IN!!" and another guy will be like "NO ****ING WAY!" then they will be like "check in" "i'm okay" or they'll say something like "MAN DOWN! REGROUP!" "Flush him out!" and throw a nade. They will do things like flank you and pin you down, while another guy sneaks up behind you. Some of the things they did to me, i was like "WHAT?! no ****ing way!" and I was amazed.

They will actually split up and devise tactics. If they see you- instead of going straight to you. They will hide behind something and wait for you instead. Or while they keep you occupied, they will have another guy come after you so you think you killed everyone but you didn't.

I absolutely love this game. It's well worth the 50 dollars. It's by far my favorite game ever right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a great game. One of the few that actually eats up all of my gig of RAM, but well worth it. Ending effects are amazing, better than any other game out there.

Also...

Spoiler:
Ending pretty much cries for a sequel.

Best answers
The visuell effects and the AI in this game are freaking awesome...by far the best shotem up game i ever played!!!
sadly though its a demanding game...need a new graphic card before i can fully enjoy fear.

Best answers
i played the demo and the game was amazing, the gameplay was just really fun, the enemies were smart. But one thing i've found is that it wasn't scary AT ALL, the review i read for the demo and what a lot of people told me i was expecting doom 3 or greater, but i really didn't find it like that at all. Nothing really startling happened in the demo, and the other things weren't really creepy. It mnight be because i don't get creeped out by unrealistic stuff only startled(which is not what the demo went for), but i get EASILY creeped out by realistic stuff(serial killers and the like). So its kind of fear doesn't really work for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game sounds so damned fun. Reading Fire Phoenix' description of the action made me a happy camper.

I wish I could play, but I think I'd have to really upgrade our PC in order to be able to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately Geforce 4 mx440s don't count as top of the line anymore, and neither do 1.2ghz AMD Durons. So there's no way in hell I can play the game here. Luckily I have friends who spend all there money on kick-ass computers, so I can still play the game. Yay!

Anyways, the demos floored me with their sheer amount of absolute greatness. And the actual game does the same thing. It's sooooooo fun, the epitome of FPS games for sure. In fact, I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so I think ill mosey on over to my friends and play it some more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How long is the game? Spoils: I was just told in the breifing that that fat engineer is out to sabotage FEAR's mission. I just walked around a corner and heard a guy whisper "It wasnt my fault" from around a corner. How many more stages are there? Y/N: was there an end boss?

This game is awesome. If you dont have it yet, I must ask why not.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ the post above mine, you're about 85% done

and I'm glad to say that the first prototype was a great succes!
like smith said, it's screaming for a sequal, even on medium quality it looked great but the physics where retarded to be honest ( when walking over stuff mostly, besides that it was oke I guess )
scare factor is high, but could be better tbh

anyway I enjoyed it alot
8.5/10

Best answers
Prozac said:
it looked great but the physics where retarded to be honest
What's wrong with them? In the demo, I thought that the ragdoll physics were probably the coolest I've seen in a game. They always reacted in just enough of a dramatic way, without being retarded and flying all the way across a room.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
What's wrong with them? In the demo, I thought that the ragdoll physics were probably the coolest I've seen in a game. They always reacted in just enough of a dramatic way, without being retarded and flying all the way across a room.
That's standard these days..
but being crouched on the ground, walking over a bottle. makes a ****load of noise the bottle gets kicked away like mad and you actually go up >_>
stuff like that annoys the **** out of me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you wanna play fear you need like 2.0 ghz a gig of ram and a kick ass video card :x
Sad fact is, my computer is 3.4 ghz 1 gig of ram, 6800 gt and it still lags a bit.
But the visual effects are wow, and and the game play is wow, and everything is just wow. Like holy ****. It's like Counter Strike source but 10x better.

I only have 1 beef with it so far, and that's it takes like 5 shots in the head to kill a guy >.>
And I think they added the bullet time in there because if it wasn't in there, it'd be too damn hard to play with. I'm playing on normal >.<

As for the physics. yeah I agree, they could have done some stuff to make it better, but I think that'd only make it worse on the people with not-so-good pc's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen to after the credits for a little extra bit ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom