F.E.A.R

Best answers
Ok this game is just crazy, the multiplayer is kind of shutty tho, anyways, the game is fun regardless of going through it again.

If you don't play it for the storyline, play through it with just a pistol, a sub machine gun etc, be creative, kill creative lol.

I try to stick to the shotgun, just because i like watching them fall in half ^.^.

Best answers
how much ram would ya say you need to run this game smoothly?

Best answers
With graphics on high and anti off 1028, anti up to 8 1028, anti up to 16 and soft shadows and FSAA on then 2000+

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, curious. What Pixel Shader version does this game needs?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno- But here's a tip to everyone who thinks their computer might not be able to handle it

I have a 3.4 ghz intel p4 1 gig of ram, with a 6800gt and I still lag like hell in huge fight scenes :(

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Dunno- But here's a tip to everyone who thinks their computer might not be able to handle it

I have a 3.4 ghz intel p4 1 gig of ram, with a 6800gt and I still lag like hell in huge fight scenes :(
I have the exact same comp, cept i don't have a GT i have a 6800 ultra 256 BFG, and i don't lag at all on high in multiplayer fight scenes, or big ones with the robot exo suits in single...

That is odd, did u upgrade ur drivers?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
I have the exact same comp, cept i don't have a GT i have a 6800 ultra 256 BFG, and i don't lag at all on high in multiplayer fight scenes, or big ones with the robot exo suits in single...

That is odd, did u upgrade ur drivers?
Nope, telling the truth fixes everything.

~That- Or you don't have everything on max settings like I do

Best answers
Eh whats that suppose to mean?

The only thing im not running is soft shadows, the only reason for that is i don't have 2000 ram, once i do i will run them.

Don't assume i am lying, assumption is a devilish thing =P.

BTW i didn't say everything maxed out, i said high, the normal settings are High, and High, advanced is the FSAA etc, the only things i need is soft shadows =P.

Best answers
Just beat the game today....f'ing awesome!! The slow motion effects are the shiznit! That was like the funnest part of the game, killing people in slow mo :) Also, the way it ended, I hope they do a sequel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Eh whats that suppose to mean?

The only thing im not running is soft shadows, the only reason for that is i don't have 2000 ram, once i do i will run them.
Adding more RAM won't allow you to turn on Soft Shadows, as that's completely GPU bottlenecked. The most adding RAM will do is allow you to turn up textures.

Don't assume i am lying, assumption is a devilish thing =P.

BTW i didn't say everything maxed out, i said high, the normal settings are High, and High, advanced is the FSAA etc, the only things i need is soft shadows =P.
I can believe you, I play on majority with high but only at 1024 x 768 with my normal 6800 128MB. What's your resolution?

With graphics on high and anti off 1028, anti up to 8 1028, anti up to 16 and soft shadows and FSAA on then 2000+
I seriously hope you don't mean Antialiasing because nothing out will run 8x Antialiasing on FEAR with acceptable performance.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know Smith| have you seen that new 12,000 dollar computer? Hold on- I'll get the specs for it :p

CPU's: Two AMD Opteron 275's
Mobo: Tyan K8WE
CASE: Silverstone TJ07
Memory: Eight (yes I said it) 1 GB corsair DDR400 Modules (registered)
VideoCards: Two nVidia GeForce 7800GTX's
Monitors: Two Dell 2405FPW's
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 850 SSI
HDD: FIVE Hitachi Deskstar 7k500 500 GB drives
Raid controller: SATA Netcell Revolution
Optical Drives: Two Plextor PX-716SA's
SoundCard: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500

There are a few other things but they are irrelevant. Anywho. I must say, if this computer can't run fear... I don't know what can :(

Comes to a total of 12,870

Best answers
Smith| said:
Adding more RAM won't allow you to turn on Soft Shadows, as that's completely GPU bottlenecked. The most adding RAM will do is allow you to turn up textures.

I can believe you, I play on majority with high but only at 1024 x 768 with my normal 6800 128MB. What's your resolution?

I seriously hope you don't mean Antialiasing because nothing out will run 8x Antialiasing on FEAR with acceptable performance.

I run in 1280 or whatever it is, i believe, it might be 1024 never checked really, kind of always used the what the system chose for me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I plan to buy this game, but first I am gonna play the demo. Now, most people would laugh at me, but I was scared of Jumanji (movie) at the age of 9. So, my plan would be:
To run the game at minimum settings (for performance as well as less details in the monsters)
Have Snoop Dogg in the background (must I explain?)
And, have the light on, parents talking in the background plus a pure bottle of red cordial on my table. How will i do?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just ordered my new computer. I plan on buying this game whenever it arrives at my house.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I thought fear was decent, the combat system, the over used bullet time, even the A.I. The one thing that it wasn't, was scary. I suppose the major factor is because anything that jumps out at you, cannot harm you in anyway. DOOM actually made me jump (until i got used to things jumping out at me) simply because everything could kill you. Fear is just like a bad trip =)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except stuff that jumps out at you can kill you. If the little girl touches you, or the ghosts touch you, or the fire touches you, you fry. Shooting at it might make it just vanish but it can still hurt you more often than you may realize just playing through it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom