F.E.A.R., which version?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, by Saturday I'm definately getting F.E.A.R., but my question is, which version shuold I get?

Good Old fashion FEAR? Or the Directors DVD cut version?

Also, can anyone tell me whats the difference between them? (As you can tell, I'm ultra pumped)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know there were 2 versions. I wonder which version I have. I think it's the regular F.E.A.R.

Don't know the difference sorry.

I'd say just go with the original F.E.A.R. It's cheaper and I can garantee you'll watch the directors cut thing like once, get bored with it and never watch it again.

ANd you should be pumped. The game rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm, I see, I dont know, I got nothing really to spend with my extra ten bucks, most likely another game like Shadow of the occulus, or whatever, but that only takes me about 8 days total to get enough money, so not worried that bad. I'd be playing FEAR in the time it takes for me to save up :x.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering the game *might* last you two-three days, I'm not sure a few more days of saving money could really be considered wasted. I bought the original only because I was unaware of a special edition, and I believe the special edition is only $5 more, not 10.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is only $5 more, and it's worth it. You get a "the making of" video, a commentary for the first few levels of the game, 5 little short films that act as a prequel, and a machinima (a movie using the engine of a game) using the fear engine done by the guys that do red vs blue. for only $5 more, it's a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
it is only $5 more, and it's worth it. You get a "the making of" video, a commentary for the first few levels of the game, 5 little short films that act as a prequel, and a machinima (a movie using the engine of a game) using the fear engine done by the guys that do red vs blue. for only $5 more, it's a lot.
Bull ****, at wal-mart.com, its ten bucks more. trying to save me money :(

Anyways, wasnt the guy that made red vs blue make PANICS? Man, that was great :D

anyways, I decided I'll get it, but i did some googling and you get a comic book of some sort? :confused:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure, didn't buy it, that's what I read on the internet as well, i must have missed the comic book part. Too late for me, I as most people here got pwned and didn't know about the director's cut.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I got the directors cut.

EDIT FOR THE HTIRD TIME

Ya, I apparently had to put it in mny dvd slot, not my CD-rom one. Now I know why its called DVD edition :p

Anyways close this :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom