F-117 shot down by ANTI-SHOWER rocket!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, a while ago me and my friends were talking about the bombing of 1999, and one of them said that he heard the F-117, stealthed pride and joy of the american airforce, was taken down by an ordinary, domestic, anti-shower rocket. For those of you who don't know, it's a rocket that is usually used to prevent ice showers, which can cause devestating damage to crops, by launching it into a raincloud in which it explodes, and breaks the ice that would otherwise fall to the ground. These are quite accessible to ordinary villagers such as Pavlović, and are allowed for use, in case of a predicted ice shower.

F-117 downed by domestic anti-shower rocket

Živorad Pavlović shot down the fabled F-117 flying above his home with a shower protection missile. Experts confirm Živorad's story

On Saturday evening, 27th March 1999, an extraordinarily loud noise was heard above Pavlović's house in Dobrić village. Živorad ran out of his basement in which he was hiding from NATO bombs, and managed to recognize a shadow approximately 100 meters above him as a NATO aircraft. In fear of his life, Pavlović grabbed the only thing he thought could save him - an anti-shower rocket, and fired it into the shadow.

Živorad heard the loud sound the anti-shower projectile made when coming into contact with the aircraft's hull. The invisible plane started spinning at a very high speed and headed off north, where it eventually hit ground.
- I didn't know what was going on, but later when we saw the remains of the aircraft on TV, I was certain that was it. - Pavlović said to media.

The villagers of Dobrić confirmed Živorad's story. Miodrag Ristić, Pavlović's neighbour who was present while downing the aircraft states:
-When the rocket banged it I heard a high-pitched sound, then the plane caught fire and flew off.

When he was asked why he shot at the aircraft, Pavlović used the following excuse:
- I'm sick of these aggresors. We can't live like this anymore. And lemme tell you something: I was scared, and I thought either I'll get him, or he'll get me.
Experts in aviation mechanics and military industry don't deny the fact that the 'stealth' aircraft hit ground after being hit by the domestic projectile.
-American aviationists tested the aircraft against every possible projectile that could be used against it, but they just didn't think of an anti-shower rocket. You know, the splashing characteristics of this particular rocket is indeed very dangerous against this type of aircraft's otherwise powerful hull - says dr Sima Stojovac, Technology professor in Belgrade.
Just goes to show you that we Serbs are an extraordinarily innovative people. The only time in history this aircraft was downed, it was downed from a farm with a domestic rocket. Oh, I LOVE IT!

Best answers
lol... "pride and joy of american airforce"... yeah rite...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone gets a natural 20 about 1/20th of the time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the F-117 may be a stealth fighter. But its in no way as tough as you said.

Its mearly very resistant to detection. Other than that its hull is about as strong as any other aircraft.

Make the correct kind of shock close enough to its wing to make it spin itll also fall down just like every other plane.

Now if you want a plane that was never shot down before try the Lockheed SR-71 "Black Bird"

Only time that baby fell down was when it had a system faliure or pilot faliure.

No rocket could shoot it down cause it flew faster than the rocket itself XD

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pulled this off of Wikipedia:

One F-117 has been lost in combat, to Serbian forces. On March 27, 1999, during the Kosovo War, the 3rd Battalion of the 250th Missile Brigade under the command of Colonel Zoltán Dani, equipped with the Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' (NATO designation SA-3 'Goa'), downed F-117A callsign "Vega 31," serial number 82-806 with a Serbian improved Neva-M missile. According to NATO Commander Wesley Clark and other NATO generals, Serb air defenses found that they could detect F-117s with their radars operating on unusually long wavelengths. This made them visible on radar screens for short times. The pilot survived and was later rescued by US Air Force Pararescue personnel. However, the wreckage of the F-117 was not promptly bombed, due to possible media fallout from news footage of civilians around the wreckage. The Serbs are believed to have invited Russian personnel to inspect the remains, inevitably compromising the then 25-year-old US stealth technology. Since the United States did not destroy the wreckage, the remains can still be seen by civilians today at the Museum of Aviation in Belgrade close to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. An error of assumption was made by many as to the identity of the pilot. While the name "Capt Ken "Wiz" Dwelle" was painted on the canopy, it was made public in 2007 that the actual pilot was LtCol. Dale Zelko, USAF.

Reportedly several SA-3s were launched, one of which detonated in close proximity to the F-117A, forcing the pilot to eject. According to an interview, Zoltán Dani was able to keep most of his missile sites intact and had a number of spotters spread out looking for F-117s and other NATO aircraft. The commanders and crews of the SAMs guessed the flight paths of earlier F-117A strikes from rare radar spottings and positioned their SAM launchers and spotters accordingly. It is believed that the SA-3 crews and spotters were able to locate and track F-117A 82-806 visually, probably with the help of infra-red and night vision systems. He also claimed that his battery shot down an F-16 as well.

Some American sources acknowledge that a second F-117A was also damaged during a raid in the same campaign, and although it made it back to its base, it supposedly never flew again.

There were also some unconfirmed reports that F-117 were sometimes spotted by the Iraqi radars during the Gulf War.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-117#Combat_losses

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
90% of that shoot down was NATO planning errors, you don't send the stealth planes at low altitude during high visiblity and run that same route night after night.

As the wiki article says, that bird was built in the 1970's, not our pride and joy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pimp serbia all you like, but until its financial, and military status has something to boast in the current era that's not down to blind luck, i'd keep it buttoned up.

like it or not, you live in an under financed, low resource country, with no clear way out. i'd like to say "grab everything you can". but when you're clinging onto an 8 year old event, which happened ONCE, then you're clinging to false hope dude.

give consistant results, and then we'll talk.

the reason why this post is so negative, is that for some reason, serbs i've met in real life, and on here, seem to have some complex where they feel the need to compete on a national level with every silly little thing. lets face it, even your sports teams suck balls.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now if you want a plane that was never shot down before try the Lockheed SR-71 "Black Bird"

Only time that baby fell down was when it had a system faliure or pilot faliure.

No rocket could shoot it down cause it flew faster than the rocket itself XD
Wrong, most rockets at the time were faster, however, by the time they were launched it would be just a nudge on their flight path to make it so the missiles couldn't adjust and catch up. Most missiles fly at about Mach 4, which is roughly 600 mph faster than the SR-71.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wrong, most rockets at the time were faster, however, by the time they were launched it would be just a nudge on their flight path to make it so the missiles couldn't adjust and catch up. Most missiles fly at about Mach 4, which is roughly 600 mph faster than the SR-71.
Heh was close ^^

After all i did pull that out of my ass ^^

Still the fact is all downed SR 71s were accidents. None of them was actually shot down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) The F-117 is retired this year.

2.) Here is innovation for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-2_Spirit

3.) Let's face it, your "news story" probably didn't even happen.

And ditto on what Axe said, just to save time, no offense intended.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, a while ago me and my friends were talking about the bombing of 1999, and one of them said that he heard the F-117, stealthed pride and joy of the american airforce, was taken down by an ordinary, domestic, anti-shower rocket. For those of you who don't know, it's a rocket that is usually used to prevent ice showers, which can cause devestating damage to crops, by launching it into a raincloud in which it explodes, and breaks the ice that would otherwise fall to the ground. These are quite accessible to ordinary villagers such as Pavlović, and are allowed for use, in case of a predicted ice shower.

Just goes to show you that we Serbs are an extraordinarily innovative people. The only time in history this aircraft was downed, it was downed from a farm with a domestic rocket. Oh, I LOVE IT!
Whew, you're 100 percent right! The Serb's are an extraordinarily innovative people for sure! This just totally changed my opinion on Serbia. It almost makes me forget how they attempted to commit genocide that one time.

Oh, wait....

Best answers

Wow... well i guess someone has to be proud of something in their life... even if its a country that attempted genocide.

Seriously though, on the off chance that this story is true.... the only reason why that F-117 went down was because of pure luck. That aircraft is completely capable of avoiding a missile, especially a "domestic rocket" such as this.

And "innovative people"? Any moron could've picked up a shower rocket and launched it. Just because this guy launched a missile, doesn't make him innovative. Like i said... it was all pure luck.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is nothing to neither celebrate or laugh at.

****ing moronic war nuts.

YAY death lawl rocket launcher! OMGWE ARE MASSIVESUPERPOWER WITH GUNSlittleman you fail.

**** heads.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Hitokiri - Wow, that's something. If only it had retired in 1999 instead.

@ Walmart - Actually, not really. The F-117 is almost completely un-flyable by a single pilot without a computer to aid them, let alone maneuverable.

Best answers
@ Hitokiri - Wow, that's something. If only it had retired in 1999 instead.

@ Walmart - Actually, not really. The F-117 is almost completely un-flyable by a single pilot without a computer to aid them, let alone maneuverable.
Its a shower rocket man.... c'mon, it shouldnt be too hard to avoid. And you have to atleast agree with me about this being nothing but pure luck. That part is true.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the f-117 might have been our pride and joy when it first came out, but not anymore.

Take a look at the brand new plane we made the f-22, that thing is freaking sweet (starscream was an f-22 mind you)

Best answers
For those of you who don't know, it's a rocket that is usually used to prevent ice showers, which can cause devestating damage to crops, by launching it into a raincloud in which it explodes, and breaks the ice that would otherwise fall to the ground. These are quite accessible to ordinary villagers such as Pavlović, and are allowed for use, in case of a predicted ice shower.
@Jakut - ... that is an anti-shower rocket, according to Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom