Extreme Display Slow Down

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About a day ago, I stared up my computer, and right before Windows Messenger loads up, EVERY thing begins to go slow. When the shortcuts are being loaded, each component is loaded individually, like drop shadow of text, then text, then the icon and it does the same for the others.

Whem I open up a window, it takes about 5-10 secodns since it litterally draws the windows frame, then some other things until it is completely loaded.

Once I turn my Hardware Accelerator down to level 2, everything works fine...But god knows I can not have it like that forever, so does anyone know what's going on? Is it my graphics card? It's an Nvidia 6200 OC PCI. This has never happened to me before either.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might be a power supply problem. You might want to inspect it and check the connection it has to the mobo. See if there is any damage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My graphics card doesn't need an external power supply. They just put it in the slot and that was it.

Also when I came to return to the computer after it was on standby, everything else came on except the monitor.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Update the drivers! Try the NGO's etc.
Another thing is, I noticed this on a friends Pentium 4 with only 256Mb of ram, That it was using 700Mb+ of ram, Which caused uber slow downs during boot.
Disable any Start up Items that you don't need.

For the drivers: http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Latest
To clean up/Disable start-up items use ccleaner grab it here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I decided to turn off Windows Live Messenger from starting up and everything went fine. The I decided to open Windows Live Messenger to see if that was the problem, and everything started getting "drawn" slow again. I think this may happen with videos too, but not games.

EDIT: Huh, actually, it might have been the Forceware update from Nvidia. I went back to my older one and everything seems to be working nowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom