extrem lag :/

BB

Best answers
hello

i got every 10-20secs a extrem lag my ping goes up to 250. does anybody got an idea why, i got a 3mb connection and 2.4ghz radeon 9600pro. Maybe something with the setting isnt correct.

Best answers
Do all the servers have that kind of ping when you list them or does it happen gradually while you play?
There is a posibility you are joining the wrong servers, lag wise.

BB

Best answers
Rayna said:
Do all the servers have that kind of ping when you list them or does it happen gradually while you play?
There is a posibility you are joining the wrong servers, lag wise.

the servers got round 50ping, when i join them i got 30-50 ping then a few mins later the ping goes up to 400 then again down to 30 then up again to 400. i got no download in background, only steam and my firefox explorer

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No. Correct question is : Do you play EVM? XD

Best answers
EVM is a mod made for esf, i dont really know a whole lot on it, so dont ask me any questions about it, plus the administration doesnt really like it when people ask about it so try not to post about it here, if you are interested then go to their forums, i believe they have some.

Anyway, do you have any programs like AIM or adware/spyware going on in the background like grega asked?, they can use your internet connection to do stuff too. Also try ending some programs running in the background using your task manager, just be sure to only end programs that are run by the user though.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam like's to download ('update' things that will never be updated) while it's running.
Be sure that Steam is not downloading 'updates', better yet, close Steam, and your FireFox browser.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
Be sure that Steam is not downloading 'updates', better yet, close Steam
err.. how is he supposed to play esf then? :p

BB

Best answers
no addaware/spyware running. and how can i play without steam? :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
* Make sure all external programs are closed (especially any download programs!).
* Check your computer for adware/spyware/malware with...
SPYBOT: Search & Destroy (FREE)
Microsoft's Anti-Spyware Beta (FREE)
Ad-Aware (FREE - But PRO Version Is Best) would be a good idea too.

Another thing, it wouldn't hurt to defragment your hard drive(s). You can use the default windows program for this, but I recommend a program called Diskeeper (Faster & Does a better job)

Aside from that, make sure you have the latest updates for things.

MICROSOFT UPDATE ~ http://update.microsoft.com
ATI Graphics Drivers ~ http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
NVidia Graphics Drivers ~ http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Oh and, just a tip; Automatic updates don't get ALL updates PLUS having that on can cause lag in-game if it decides to download while you're playing. I recommend turning it off.

ALSO

If you think STEAM is a problem; Open up the games list and right click any non-3rd party game (Ex. Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Opposing Force) and click PROPERTIES and change them to not keep the game up to date. Then the game will only update next time you run it.

BB

Best answers
wow thanks for that info. everything is up to date, video drivers mainboard and so on. Windows is up to date too. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom