Extracting PS2 models onto a PC - or hell, just viewing them

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, basically what my issue is is I need to extract the model files from soul calibur 2 so I can get some screen caps for references. This shouldn't fall under warez or reverse engineering as it's my copy of the game, and I'm not planning on releasing anything from the package, and frankly, if you wanted to download the image, it'd be easy enough all ready since it's only about 4 years old ;P Anyhow, anybody have any clue how to go about doing this - keeping in mind that I can't utilize DX9 stuff...probably not even 8 dunno really. All I know is that ModelViewerWXD3D9_0.3 won't work. So, any and all ideas would be great. Frankly, I'd be just as happy with nice multi side pics of Soul Edge (Player 1 version) ;P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it actually does class as reverse engineering. however, since you don't sign an EULA for console games, i don't know the legality behind this one.

i'll see what i can dig up for you bro.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, I appreciate it. Spent quite a while looking for stuff myself, so hopefully someone will come up with something.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to get a program like ISObuster or PowerISO to extract the certain file which contains the model files but I have no idea which one but I did use my friend google and found this for you
http://www.yaz0r.net/index.php?title=kh_view&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

If you do try it let me know if it works for you and leave back a reply if so theres a few models I wouldn't mind try to get from a few of my games for ref's(For myself).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think any of yaz0r's tools will work for me because of my vid card, but I'll try KHView and see if it can work on something that isn't KH. I know I couldn't get his newest viewer to work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i came up with the same thing phobs suggested, i'll look some more tomorrow, when it isn't 3:30am.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get on aim, I can help :D.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd need your AIM first :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My screen name is enix04.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me know if something comes up with it =P it's rather interesting heh
I've been searching for a way to extract media from PS2 games for a while now but havent got anywhere...

Discord Member
Best answers
heh wouldnt mind taking some shots of the budokai models.........there arent alot of acurate refs lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for interested people, Ps2 Development tools/Kits:

http://ps2dev.org/

just found it like yesterday havnt looked inside of that site but i gues its rather interesting for people.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only media I know how to extract are the sound/music files just so I don't have to listen to crappy American dubbed games.
I know what your going to say "Theres some good dubbed games out there" I do agree theres some but more then 80% are very bad and just don't have any emotion or feel to them like the Japanese dub's do. I don't know if its just their voices or what but Japanese voice actors act a lot better then American ones because when you watch a Japanese dub game/film whatever you can actually feel the tone in their voices which make it sound like their actually experiencing that moment unlike the American actors who sound fake and horrible and make you go "Oh god this is so cheesy!!!"

Anyways enough of my rambles if you want to learn how to extract the sound files let me know I got the tools you need to do it with!!!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh wouldnt mind taking some shots of the budokai models.........there arent alot of acurate refs lol
You'll be suprised =/

Phobius said:
The only media I know how to extract are the sound/music files
Same here, but thats about it ;[

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom