Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey guys,

For some odd reasons, when I attached my External HDD to my newly installed Windows 7 it changed every single External partition I had in to PENDRIVES as you can see here below:

G & H are my Data & Backup partitions. For some odd reasons, in Windows XP they were normal partition icons like C, E & F Local Stations. I can't access them by double clicking on them as reads the HDD a little bit and then doesn't do anything. I can only access it by right clicking on the partition and click on 'explorer' or by typing in the drive letter in the address bar in explorer.

In windows 7 how ever, this works perfectly. I can access the folders normally but these issues is something I have only in Windows XP (at college).

Now here's the weird thing. This is my Device properties page where you can format, create, delete, etc partitions:

This image above is not take from the explorer 'My computer.'

As you can see, it shows the partitions just normally even with their names and drive letters. Anyone has any idea how to fix this issue? I'm not too pleased that windows 7 changed my partitions to PENDRIVES to begin with.

Last edited:
Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well...I think it has something to do with the driver not compatible with windows 7.
Or your college computers settings are just screwing with the drive making it unable to read or something.

I'm not getting what you are saying with:

In windows 7 how ever, this works perfectly. I can access the folders normally but these issues is something I have only in Windows XP (at college).

It does work on windows 7. And you can access the folders normally in windows XP and you call this a issue?
But the first line said it didn't work perfectly on windows 7 because it changes it to PENDRIVE.
Now what's the problem?

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There, edited it a little bit. Doubt compatibility has anything to do with it. This 'pendrive' seems to be in effect on every single PC or laptop.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
ahm... why would you even bother... you have a lot GBs... pendrive or external hard drive...
you use it for one thing Saving Data.... xD

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm having issues with this because:

1), Both have the exact same name.
2), I'm unable to open the partitions normally by double clicking on it in XP
3), I want things to be as they were before.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Fixed it! Stupid virus caused it on my HDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom